Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabine the slow-moving E30

Hello everyone!

I've posted a few threads in the showroom and you may know me from some east coast shows. I've had it for a bit over a year and a half and picked it up off a great previous owner who kept it well before I had it.

Now for the hard facts

It's a 91 318is with 17x,xxx Miles on it. Stock M42.
    Came on Ireland Engineering Stage III springs, E90 drop hats, Bilstein sports. Sat great on the stock wheels and looked plenty aggressive.
    666 Fab Skidplate (because M42 oilpan lol)

And that was the extent of the modifications done to it when I bought it!

When I bought her:

461336_3668840326603_1590834988_o by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

Had some good times with some friends

1014927_10201450971543197_596716750_o by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

DSC_6999 by millerroberts, on Flickr

Quickly learned what oversteer in an E30 feels like

474137_10200177571949003_1790231042_o by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

Oh and I blew up my clutch

563191_10200680646045541_1251439635_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

So I fixed that!

531533_10200909127157426_906794173_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

Got some new wheels for a minnit

994834_10201538011159133_870831251_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

Rocked em

Goofin out front by millerroberts, on Flickr

1102698_10201811725681825_421493317_o by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

hPqZgrb by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

My 318is by millerroberts, on Flickr

DSC_8475 by millerroberts, on Flickr

Then decided I wanted something a bit shinier after dealing with adapters for a while. Meaty fitment looked good on the car though, that's for sure.

oh and I broke lots of stuff pertaining to adapters, but 42DD makes the best adapters for the money and they are the best and safest design out there
    for example, when I torqued one of these hex bolts in a bit too hard

So I moved away from adapters and picked up a set of M Technica Turbos, along with an IS lip (after mine went mysteriously missing) and a Ryan G splitter for the lip. Things were about to get a bit more aggressive.

SykDlw7 by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

oW5Ios1 by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

oh, and a buddy snapped this roller at H2Oi.

1371499_537945329609810_723136961_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

I had cut a dead coil prior to H2O but discovered that it basically made me ride on bump stops. I rocked the bump stops to and from H2Oi but had enough of those by the time I had gotten home. A buddy was getting broadway statics for his E30 so I picked up his old coils off him for a killer deal (thanks again, kevin!)

Things got fitted a bit more aggressively and I was regularly banging my skidplate back into shape after spirited drives.

1384921_10202087265125481_1458243980_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

1388124_10202087391928651_480745431_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

tumblr_mufmhlJczm1rmbv8ro1_1280 by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

SLGBMfP by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

10252730254_0998c39bf5_h by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

10371586286_86e1eaa6ae_h by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

Wheel specs, for anyone who is wondering, are 16x8.5 ET15, but running 10mm spacers up front with ~-3degrees of negative camber to tuck the tire into the fender well.
    10 or 15mm spacers will eventually find their way to the rear, but after the winter. It is time to raise the car up for the winter as it does get a bit snowy and dicey and this is my daily.

For anyone who doesn't know, with the way the car was sitting in those photos I had roughly 1 3/4" of ground clearance between the oilpan and the ground. A combination of tired motor mounts and the fact that the M42 pan just sits silly low under the steering rack lead to an... interesting incident on the highway this past Saturday.

1378347_10202358862599906_230596812_n by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

was headed to a car meet an hour and a half away and managed to pick a bad lane on 695. Smacked pan right into a 3 inch bridge joiner difference and I saw a huge plume of blue smoke behind the car, so immediately turned it off and coasted to the side of the highway. Luckily some buddies were cruising with me and stopped to check out what happened.

Naturally.

yolo by millersbuildthread, on Flickr

So I got her towed home and now she sits in front of my house waiting for the spare time I have to put my new pan and sump on the car.

Gotta pick up a new skidplate for the winter, as well. Gonna raise her up so I dont have to worry as much about rolling hard through the winter and I can actually be more comfortable
    BUT

I'm piecing together swap parts for the spring (Thanks to Khalil, big ups buddy). I'll be chronicling some maintenance and small modifications over the winter, but I figured I would put this thread up as a type of diary for myself and if anyone was interested they could peek in! Next spring it'll be back and as low, if not lower with the swap underway B)

Peace out dudes. I'll be posting updates as the build progresses and parts for my student budget swap fall into my lap. Love ya'll.

INSTAWHAT

Tumblr

Flickr

Looks tasteful and clean as always. You've got one of my favorite E30s around here, can't wait to see what else you've got planned man.

Comment

Shout out to a yung stunna with a dope whip. And at least she's sitting pretty while waiting for a new oil pan

Instagram: @andrewgcross

Comment

finally the build thread has begun, and the oil slick is still all over 695, and the clear trail to its resting place is still visible lol
        [IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5441/17191163096_12105eed9a_o.jpg[/IMG]
        instagram: [URL"http://instagram.com/jonnysachs"] jonnysachs [/URL]
        Tumblr: [URL"http://fr3dfr3dburg3r1.tumblr.com/"]FR3DFR3DBURG3R1[/URL]
        Build: [URL"http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49839"] The civic that can always go lower [/URL]

Comment

i love the photo in the rain one of my favorites.awesome so far you know how i feel about it.moped soon

flickr
          TUMBLR
          instagram @btober

Comment

Originally posted by Kattaklysm View Post
            Looks tasteful and clean as always. You've got one of my favorite E30s around here, can't wait to see what else you've got planned man.
            Originally posted by AndrewCross View Post
            Shout out to a yung stunna with a dope whip. And at least she's sitting pretty while waiting for a new oil pan
            Originally posted by fr3dfr3dburg3r1 View Post
            finally the build thread has begun, and the oil slick is still all over 695, and the clear trail to its resting place is still visible lol
            Thanks guys!

Originally posted by btober View Post
            i love the photo in the rain one of my favorites.awesome so far you know how i feel about it.moped soon
            Thanks man. yeah I'm feelin moped soon. Might make a transition into a pocket bike/moped build thread over the winter for a while when I am searching for swap parts

INSTAWHAT

Tumblr

Flickr

Comment

Love you Milllaaaaa. I wanna know what swap you're doinggg. I was gonna swap, but I think I'm sticking with the M20 for nows.

Comment

I'm here for shenanigans.

Comment

hmm hmmmm it looks so very tasty.

Stay fly and stuff.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

ive seen his car. he doesnt even own those wheels. its photoshopped. its all photoshopped. he doesnt even have an e30.

IG: Nick475

Comment

It's all about the illusion bruhhhhhh. Down here on Spaceship Earth.

Comment

You must be new around here, fukboi.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

u nerds sure know how to party

INSTAWHAT

Tumblr

Flickr

Comment

"Everything has potential."

Comment

can u post a vid of u ghostriding ur whip pleas. thx
                              instagram: willlarney
                              big dumb e39 build

Comment

Working...
                              X