No announcement yet.

Brickhouse VK56 240SX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good God I'm in love with your wheels. Desmond's will always be my favorite.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

Originally posted by jerrychoochoo View Post
      Good God I'm in love with your wheels. Desmond's will always be my favorite.
      Couldn't agree more. I love them so. Haha. They've been on my to own list forever and I'm super happy with how they transformed the car.
      IG: @brickhouse_products
      brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

this build = titties
        on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

great build. looking forward to seeing this run

Comment

Originally posted by lublub View Post
            this build = titties
            Originally posted by ImAwesome View Post
            great build. looking forward to seeing this run
            Thanks guys!!
            brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Love this so much! Great build, awesome updates, and a cool theme in general
              BTW I am the one who bought the 5x100 meisters
              Low n' Slow

Comment

Originally posted by ChincyWagon View Post
                Love this so much! Great build, awesome updates, and a cool theme in general
                BTW I am the one who bought the 5x100 meisters
                Rad man! I saw the screen name and wondered. Cool to see you on here as well! And thanks for the compliments!
                brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

This is fucking amazing. Great work guys!
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                    This is fucking amazing. Great work guys!
                    Hahaha. Thanks! Hopefully it delivers when it's a complete car.
                    brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Are you guys selling the swap kit?
                      Where are yall located?
                      do you use a 350Z clutch?
                      sorry for all the questions this is just an amazing build and i think i found my weapon of choice lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drazun View Post
                        Are you guys selling the swap kit?
                        Where are yall located?
                        do you use a 350Z clutch?
                        sorry for all the questions this is just an amazing build and i think i found my weapon of choice lol
                        Thanks for the kind words and hopefully you'll choose to go VK!

We're not selling the swap Kita at the moment. We're holding off until we have a production grade solution ready and as complete as kit as possible to make it a bolt in affair for the average DIY mechanic.

The Brickhouse shop is in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

We are using a 350Z clutch with a prototype flywheel. Dare I say the first one piece VK to Z trans flywheel? No stacking flywheels on the stock ring gear; completely aftermarket and affordable. Once tested and confirmed to be work properly, it will be available as well.

Keep the questions coming and check out the Brickhouse Products facebook page. We've been posting updates on there more frequently than the forums.
                        brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

This might be the most well documented build I've read in a long time!

Comment

Holy balls at that silver color, rims look amazing, great freakn choice, what color are you doing the body kit in? I didn't notice if you mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by rstaylor25 View Post
                              This might be the most well documented build I've read in a long time!
                              Thanks! Definitely need to get some more updates postes but it's coming along. Definitely getting finished.

Originally posted by MercTastic View Post
                              Holy balls at that silver color, rims look amazing, great freakn choice, what color are you doing the body kit in? I didn't notice if you mentioned it.
                              Thanks! The aero is the same body color. It's already painted just not on the car yet. And honestly, I haven't even seen the car all together (at least with aero on and the wheels)! One of the bummers of living in Japan while my brother is building it in America.
                              brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Welllll, it's been a good while since we've updated so let's pick up where we left off and try and fill in the gaps a bit. There has been a TON of behind the scenes type stuff happening to push the VK56 swap kit closer to completion but not much to share pictures off. Things haven't slowed down and it feels really good to say we see the light at the end of the tunnel. So here's a rundown of what's been going in the Brickhouse shop.

When we left off, we had just gotten the keys to our much needed shop space. First order of business was to move in.

This staircase that Greg whipped up is way more awesome than you'd think.

As you can see above, the aero got painted and more of the exterior goodies installed. Our goal was to finish the car for the FDTX Offset Kings show, but it just wasn't in a state we were happy with to debut it.

Leading up to Christmas Greg started another 4-wheel build - rebuilding this go kart for his son. Paint, engine rebuild, nuts and bolts, etc. Fully reworked. Can't wait to see my nephew ripping around in this thing in the spring.
                                Before:

After:

Maybe you spotted the black hatch above. We've had it for a while now and it's finally getting some love. It's going to be thrown together using our spare parts we've got lying around. Goal is for a super basic, super reliable, great for learning drift car. Basically something anyone can hop in and have fun. It'll get the built KA that was originally in my S14, but we sold off 57 trim turbo setup, 740's, and NIStune. We are going to run a T28, 550's, and a chipped ECU. Think TX Street Legal basic-ness.

It was supposed to be a rust-free, 5-lug shell when we picked it up. Hidden beneath the front sheet metal was a history of ugly repairs.

So naturally there was only one thing to do.

Hack off all the bad and tube front it!

And what fun is stock steering angle, so Greg did up another set of Brickhouse knuckles, extended lower arms, and a relocated rack will be done before the engine goes in.

Love that color. Freshly powder coated.

Alright, alright. Back to what this thread is really about - the VK56 S13! Greg's been practicing a lot and working on his consistency with TIG welding.

The equal length headers were a good excuse to practice. Haha. It should be noted that these are purely for experiement's sake and the production headers will be a simpler design (similar to the Ver. 3 headers posted previously in the build). These are just to compare to the production set and see how the dyno numbers change.

New toys showed up - FUPA cups.

Then, and bringing us to the present, our really big "toy" showed up - a LDR Motion Systems CNC plasma table with a Hypertherm Powermax 85 plasma cutter.

Getting it positioned and hooked up in the shop. We've always wanted to keep as much of production in house as possible and a big part of that was investing in our own CNC cutter. This will allow us to make precision pieces with the flexibility to make revisions when needed. Flanges, adapters, covers, oil pan, brackets, intake manifold, yada yada - you name it pretty much and this will let us create it in a precise reproducible manner.

One of the test cuts which gives a good idea what it can do.

And the rebuilt VK sitting in the bay...likely to only be removed and installed two or three more times before it's plumbed and wired. Haha. It's getting close!!

As always throughout this build, thanks for all the support and words of encouragement!! It's been the fuel in finishing this project!
                                brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X