Brickhouse VK56 240SX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by irritatedmax View Post
    Video update happening now (working on it in the other window). But otherwise intagram gets the majority of on the spot updates - @brickhouse_steve.

There are a few cool VK56 things happening in the background that I'll hold off on commenting on until they're sorted. Don't want to jinx it! Haha
    Lol alrighty. Sorry man just eager for this build. lol I don't normally go on insta unless I download it first. But for this build I will download it and keep it lol! Good job by the way for going against all the odds!

Comment

• Episode 3!

IG: @brickhouse_products
      brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• Episode 4 is up and while it lags behind actual progress it shows the work to get it to where it is. Really got to make sure all the fab work is done before paint so there's a lot that has gone in to it up to this point. It all takes time, but we're getting there!

brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• Big milestone in the build - roll cage is done! In this video we take a look at it coming together. Still lots more work to do but, oh boy, it feels sooooo good to have the cage wrapped up!

And somehow or another, I botched the export settings (or something) so it's not full screen for whatever reason (insight is appreciated). I'll get it sorted for the next go around - we've got a lot more footage to get through at the moment.

brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• It's been a couple of month with a lot of work and a lot of progress so time for an update! Those following along on instagram - @brickhouse_products - or the facebook page - Brickhouse Products LLC - should be pretty much up to speed, but, for those following the build thread or youtube series, this will bring things current. This time in written form.

My photobucket is down so here is a link to the write up on the Brickhouse blog. I know it will all be view-able there at least. This is the first half of bringing things current; the second half is in the works as I write this so should be up today or tomorrow.

http://brickhouseproducts.com/2017/0...uild-update-2/

And if the youtube links are down (as they seem to be for me); our youtube channel is Brickhouse Products. Episode 6 is up on the channel, but I forgot to post it here...whooooops.
            brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• It's been a while! I think most of the build thread is down since Photobucket decided to break the internet in the worst way. But the entire build is on our blog - brickhouseproduct.com/blog under the Hulk Smash category for S14 specific stuff. So if you're seeing blocked pictures in the thread here, please check it out there.

And a few of the recent YouTube links seem to be down (at least on my end?)...so if that's the case for others, our channel is Brickhouse Products.

We've got a few new videos uploaded and more to come as we get back into it. It's really become the new way to do a "build thread" which is sad for us old guys but great because it really lets you show and explain things much clearer sometimes.

Episode 6: Corbeau FX1 seat and last of chassis work

"Season 2" Launch & General Update

Episode 7 - The S14 gets Paint and we talk DIY Paint Jobs

And onto more traditional build thread updates...

We're selling our BigStuff3 ECU setup for VK56. This is from Chris Forsberg's old Formula D setup and we're just going a different route that will be a bit easier for end users to replicate...thus making the swap easier for end users. So if anyone is looking for a pretty darn complete ECU setup to run their VK56, holler! ECU, wiring harness with stock coilpack plugs, stock injector plugs, crank trigger wheel and sensor setup, map sensor, etc.

And in other VK56 swap progress, we pulled our protoype front sump oil pan to make some revisions. Clearance and fit in the bay were pretty spot on; we just need to revamp somethings to make production and install a bit easier. So stay tuned for Ver.2 coming soon. This is really an essential part in bringing the swap to the masses in bolt-on fashion...and crucial for my own S14 to be running this year! Haha

And on the interior side of things, we just pulled our first S15 left hand drive dash from the mold! We've got so much time to get to this point; it's something I've dreamed about for the past few years so it's really exciting to be so close to installing it!

And just for reference, there's pics of the plug (the object the mold is created from) with an OEM RHD S15 dash. We really tried to keep everything true to OEM as possible while making it functional. Love this thing!

More to come as the cold weather is upon and there's no better place to be than the warm shop! Really aiming to run all of 2018 local events!
              brickhouseproducts.com

Comment

• Hi Guy's

I've been following this forum for a long time now while working on my own project. I love the VK56 and S chassis Nissans. I hope this build hasn't stalled (like mine) and there is still progress in the background. I have unfortunately had a change of circumstances and have decided to sell my S13 unfinished. As I am based in New Zealand it's unlikely anyone on here will buy it, however I thought you might be interested to see my approach. I'm not trying to hijack the forum. I'll just post a link for anyone who's interested.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

More Photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tI...uSgIW5cekWkftp

More info: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vo...3oEoz1ZmCQUJlk

Comment

Working...
                X