No announcement yet.

1990 UK Vauxhall Nova SR20DET Space Framed Trackcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some time up the workshop tonight after a long spell off. Decided to tackle the other front turret while I'm still awaiting on a few bits. If you remember it was left like this with only rhd done...

So chop the old out..

Notch the a pillar and profile the tube end...

Then after lots of cutting, checking, cutting, checking, grinding, checking, getting bored, checking, we have this...

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

yes! 1 of the most balls deep builds on here for sure
      '82 Volvo 242 build
      '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Not a great deal to report from this week but I did manage to work on the front turrets. Ive welded the outside tubing to the strut plate and cut me templates that will be welded in once the tubing is fully welded. Pics...

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

This is so awesome. This is going to be a work of art.

Comment

Apologies its been a while since my lat update, life's been busy!

Got my seat mounts so started looking at seating positions. I had wanted to sit the seats as far back as possible for better weight distribution but it turns out it is now a necessity as with them in the normal nova position its too cramped due to the bulkhead being moved back a few inches. So some pics...

Attention then turned to working on the floor. I tidied up where the box rails met the bulkhead...

Started to make the piece I needed...

Then made the floor piece (1st section, will be another continuation under the seats)...

And together...

Then a piece on the other side and complete!

Rinse, wash, repeat and both sides done...

Thanks for looking.
            Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

good progress. looking forward to see this thing

Comment

perfection as always. nice updates

Comment

Wow... simply inspiring! haha I would love to try something like this one day.
                  I cant wait to see more progress
                  1995 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320

Comment

this is cray (in a good way)

keep up the good work, subbing

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

• So about time to update this. Had my mate Michael come in for the day a few weeks back to blast the joints with his welding talents. He's done everything that was easily accessible, leaving the turret tops (which will be tig'd) and any joints that will be easier to get too when the body shell gets lifted off soon. I'll let a few pics do the talking...

It was important to get the above welding done as I'm moving to a new unit for 1st July so it needed to be in a position to come off the jig (or welded axle stands!). So today it saw daylight for the 1st time in 11mths. Hopefully soon it will be rolling on its own 4 wheels...

Hopefully more updates in July
                      Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• brilliant update again. ive been checking back regularly to see if there is any updates lol

Comment

• Thanks buddy. Almost got the new shop all set up then can get cracking again!

Comment

• Ok so not much of an update but more of a "things are still going ahead" post.

As above, moved to a new unit beginning of July and most of last month was spent moving all the cars, tools etc over and getting set up how we want. I'm now away for 3wks but before I left I mocked up the front end to see where I can put my bracketry to support it. I want to keep it as minimal as possible for maximum room. I've got so much room for my coolers etc its pretty insane. I'm considering keeping everything back behind the front crossmember line just so everything is a little more protected from "little" bumps.

Anyway, a few pics....

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• This build is insane!

Comment

• Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X