those seats are definitely close though lol
    Instagram - marcuscreek ---- facebook - /cusbum

Static Low R50 Mini Cooper

Comment

Thanks and yeah, its a little tight! lol

Comment

awesome work so far.
        i'm loving each update of this!
        A complete breath of fresh air compared to what has been done!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Took a trip down to Relentless Performance yesterday to collect some more tubing and had a good thrash out of ideas with Ash on rear cage/chassis design. This is the decided direction....

Top Down

Underside

Ash quite rightly pointed out that with the seat so far back I needed to extend the rear protection zone.

The triangular parts will be the rear turret tops.

One of the consequences of the design was building a nice enclosed area above the diff for the fuel tank to go!

EDIT: I have just noticed one error made and that is that the 2 two tubes that come together on the main hoop each side actually meet higher up with the horizontal. Doesn't effect the principle design however.
          Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

this is unbelievable. i have honestly signed up just to keep track of what you are doing with this.

keep up the good work mate

Comment

Cheers dude!

There'll be an update later today/tonight

Comment

Ok, so the weekends progress.

Firstly I started off by temporarily removing the pass side door bars as I got sick of climbing over them! lol Then I set about installing the tubes running along the window line then bending down on each side. Where they bend at the back they will be joining a horizontal bar that will form part of the boot floor and rear qtr support. Ignore the box there at the moment, it was just for reference purposes.

Then added a rear brace...

As per the previous CAD drawings I set about putting in the bend around the turret top...

But it just didn't look right to me. I must of spent the next hour or more just looking at it, standing back and trying to picture how it would turn out. In the end I walked away.

I went back tonight and removed it and went more triangles instead and instantly felt it looked better. It flows nicer continuing the wrap around look I've gone for. Within the triangles I've created they will be plated off but the plates inset to expose the tubing, kinda like a webbing. Think it will look smart but possibly over engineered? meh Everything just flowed from there and a few more tubes were added...

Couples more bits to add in on this lower section then I'll work on the seat mounts so I can then build in the upper part of the rear cage and the X.

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Fantastic build mate!

Keep working...

Comment

Thanks

Comment

sat here shaking my head as i read your update because its purely mental lol

cracking work mate keep the updates coming

Comment

Cheers Drumstick

Comment

any news?

Comment

Originally posted by crazyass View Post
                            any news?
                            Hi mate, just waiting on some steel and a friend to machine a couple of bits for me. I want to get the seat brackets tacked in next so I can see where the top half of the rear cage needs to be.

Comment

Every picture leaves me mumbling "thats mental" lol. Inspiring build mate.

Comment

Cheers! Hopefully some more progress soon

Comment

Working...
                                X