No announcement yet.

2003 MINI - Stancification in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost this thread in the mix. Question for you all: is the MINI worthy of wearing a "StanceWorks" sticker yet?

Stuff's happened since the last post. Here's the latest update:

My passenger rear coil strut was sheared through two weeks ago, and I only just now had time to get it up and order the replacement bits. I've got new struts and bushings on the way, so the car should be sitting nice for a show I'm attending Sunday.

Also fabbed up a custom grille last weekend, although I'm not quite happy with the fit yet. Gotta figure out how to glue down or bolt down the chrome surround, a better way to keep the mesh in (using double sided stick tape - ghetto, I know...), and need to cut a new upper mesh piece as the first version isn't even close to fitting properly.

Lastly, I'm working on some custom center caps for the Keskins. I don't like the current ones - they look too "American Racing" style for me. I'm gonna mod some OEM MINI caps to fit. Should be cool when it's done.

All in all, I'm happy with where this is going.

How the car's sitting until the new struts come in:

The "ghetto grille." Good from far...

Far from good. Recutting the upper mesh this week.

As always, comments, questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism is/are welcomed!

sigpic
    Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
    • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

I approve of the progress... Seems like you got some dialing in to do, and then you should be dominating the asphalt.. I got a soft spot for Coopers, so Im more then down. Get a sticker on there stat!

Comment

looks good, i see your sticking with teal/white combo. ever think of coloring the centers?
        One day I will stance, right now I'm
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks gents!

I'm gonna drop the fronts a bit more after I get back to CA where the roads are a bit better (potholes here in CO will eat your car). I'd have to do some serious cutting and moulding to drop the rear more as I've rubbed through the fender liner to expose metal bits that'll shred my tires if I go down more.

Yeah, sticking with the teal/ white set up. I actually posted a while ago in the "Wheels" section here about recoloring the centers white, but the consensus was that removing the bolts on the new style KT1's is impossible and there's not a shop in town that'll tackle the hassle of masking off the centers with the tiny clearance between them and the bolts. I'm probably gonna just get some white plastidip, mask it off myself and go at it as a temporary solution. Once I'm back in So Cal, where tuning cars is more popular and I can find a shop, I'm gonna get the centers professionally painted/ powdercoated and shave the "Keskins" script off the spokes for a smooth, clean look. I'm not gonna try and make these look like OZ Futuras, but they'll deffo look better than they do now when I'm done.

sigpic

Comment

that grill doesn't look like a bad start, but should look perfect when you touch it up. i think getting rid of all the chrome on the car would look amazing.well done so far though

Comment

Thanks bud. A few people have mentioned removing the chrome, but the whole "black-out" thing is completely played out in the MINI scene, and I also don't think it'd look right with the teal of the car and the white roof. The black grille and black headlights will probably be it for the chrome removal step.

Getting a few more stickers soon too. Gotta rep the new stance with some custom ones I designed. Also have some euro tails (red and white - none of this orange indicator business) on the way.

sigpic

Comment

what rims are those? i like by the way very clean

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

looking good man
                  Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm going for the clean look. I'll be shaving the bumpers some in the future to complete the look.

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
                    what rims are those?
                    Keskin KT1, 16x9 et25 all around, wrapped in 205/45/16 Falken 512s.

sigpic

Comment

Got a call from the cops today asking if someone stole my wheel. Made me laugh...

Gonna cut the new grille tomorrow, as well as pull a wheel off to see if I can mask it alright.

sigpic

Comment

kudos for doin the mini right.
                        and with a unique color to add.
                        got the fundamentals of stancin it right so i see good things in the future

Comment

Thanks bud. Got new bits on the way to drop her down some. Need to do some fender modification to make space to get lower. That'll probably come mid May. I gotta do a 1,000 mile road trip soon so I can go slammed as the roads aren't great. Shortly after I get to San Diego though...

sigpic

Comment

Pictures from the CUSCC Car Show in Boulder, CO today. Thoughts?

sigpic

Comment

awesome.wish you were here.i would love to see it in real life!!
                              the only thing is that the front looks a little weird because of the black lights and chrome headlight rings?
                              but maybe that my opinion

Comment

I think it works since I did the black headlights and grille with chrome surround on both. I think? I mean, the black plastic trim, the dark tint on the windows... There's just enough black to make that work, and the chrome ties in the belt line, door handles, and polished lips on the wheels. I don't know what route I'd go if it doesn't. I feel like it works, but help me out here if I'm missing something.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X