X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Canadian Farmer/Student's E30 Vert'

Hey everyone!
    Bought my E30 just over a year ago and I've been lurking til now.
    Decided I'd share what I've done and see if I can get some feedback and ideas

So here's some back story:
    16 years old and I wanted a car.
    With university to pay for my dad generously offered to buy me a truck on the condition he could borrow it in the summer for the farm.
    It wasn't for me though so I decided to spend my own cash and search the internet for something I could be passionate about; enter the 87' vert.

I loved it. It was rough mechanically but after a couple months I brought it up to spec.

Soon after buying it I headed off the farm to U of G to move in all my stuff with just the help of my new-found friend.

I loved the vintage TSW wheels but the 6" width wasn't cutting it so I found some BBS style 5's, 16x8 et +23. They were redrilled and filled to fit the e30.

Now for a question: What starts with "F" and ends with "uck"?
    "Four-inch-fender-gap-monster-truck"!

*Shivers*
    This had to be sorted out so I get some coilovers in asap.

Finally I had regained some dignity and started to once again take pride in my e30.
    I spaced it out a bit more and decided I didn't want to trek around on salty winter roads so I bought another car.
    Enter the Crown Vic 07' Interceptor (makes driving back to uni a breeze with everyone scrambling away from you on the freeway).

Got some Bosch smiley's in from Hanover and learned a thing or 2 about electrical work.
    A nice change from fixing up tractors.

Installed

And that's current day!

Now for what's next:

You may have noticed it's an automatic.... Fortunately that's being tended to and the 5-speed swap will be completed on Monday!

I'm thinking of getting a wood grain shift knob with a black boot; then a wheel to match down the line.

Also this week: get the original bmw badges back on; just skipped my mind.
    Possible plans are to keep the diving board metal bumper but to add the late model valance with the lip off an "is". A bumper tuck might also be in the works.

After that... who knows? Turbo? Engine swap? Stance the interceptor? Ideas?

I'll try my best to keep this interesting even with ramen noodles fighting for my pay.
    Regardless of what happens I'm going to give up my lurking habits and start being more active here.

So that's it for me folks; what do you think?
    Thanks for your time and thoughts!
    Last edited by Farintosh; 11-17-2013, 04:58 PM.

I think you took the right steps right off the bat! Gorgeous car, good wheels, healthy drop and nice headlights!

More power is ALWAYS nice, but that shit comes with a price. Being a student myself, I'm keeping my budget tight and I'm now on the hunt for some sweet period wheels for my ride and getting rid of my ESMs.

Anyway, welcome to Stanceland! And I love the E30, I've always really wanted one
    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Wow that interior looks MINT for an e30 vert! Keep it up man, ill be watching this.

Comment

great work and thanks for feeding us! (From Toronto, currently residing in Kingston)

Where in Onterrible are you?

Comment

Lol at your daily.

Until you come up behind me and I get scared.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Looks clean!
            E30 Buildthread
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34177
            IG: Logyt

e28 sig by logyt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post
              I think you took the right steps right off the bat! Gorgeous car, good wheels, healthy drop and nice headlights!

More power is ALWAYS nice, but that shit comes with a price. Being a student myself, I'm keeping my budget tight and I'm now on the hunt for some sweet period wheels for my ride and getting rid of my ESMs.

Anyway, welcome to Stanceland! And I love the E30, I've always really wanted one
              Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the compliments.
              Yeah I agree on the power; its nice to have but I can't really afford it right now.
              I just checked out your build; really clean, some period wheels would be perfect!

Originally posted by myreversewave View Post
              Wow that interior looks MINT for an e30 vert! Keep it up man, ill be watching this.
              Thanks! Everyone notices the interior haha; apparently the taurusrot in 87 isn't normal or something... I toyed with the idea of a matching shift boot but thought it would look busy with the wood grain.

Originally posted by C.Johnston View Post
              great work and thanks for feeding us! (From Toronto, currently residing in Kingston)

Where in Onterrible are you?
              It's a pleasure! I'm just north of Toronto, 404 and Stouffville road. Currently in Guelph though.
              My gf is at Queens so I'm there occasionally to visit and for varsity sports.

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
              Lol at your daily.

Until you come up behind me and I get scared.
              Haha its convenient if nothing else. My gf made this to give people a hint!

Now you know what to look for!

Originally posted by logyt View Post
              Looks clean!
              Thanks man! I've been lurking around your build for a while.
              Think I'll try to do my front valance similar to yours!

Comment

The donut is supposed to represent Odd Future?

Comment

Originally posted by 99blacka4 View Post
                  The donut is supposed to represent Odd Future?
                  Haha that's exactly what I said when I first saw it! The colours are the same by chance.
                  It was made to be ironic that a cop car would have a donut; you know the cop-donut relationship.
                  I think that new movie "2 Guns" plays with the same relationship.
                  Just happened to be a happy coincidence I also love Tyler, Frank Ocean and all those guys!

Comment

hahaha that doughnut is awesome! car looks good man, that interior is amazing!
                    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

Originally posted by K-Line View Post
                      hahaha that doughnut is awesome! car looks good man, that interior is amazing!
                      Thanks man! I'll pass on you're compliments to her!

4 more days til 5-speed! Hoping a can find a hole in my 32 hour schedule.

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Great start.

You're failing miserably on the farmer thing, though. You're missing the Browning sticker, toolbox and whips.

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                            Looks good

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
                            Great start.

You're failing miserably on the farmer thing, though. You're missing the Browning sticker, toolbox and whips.
                            Thanks man. Haha I've never really be about that life; see my fair share of the browning and aggie stickers at U of G.

Comment

That minty interior though, looking good. Glad you already got on the 5 speed swap quick!
                              Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X