Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so i said i would have more pics and a motor by the weekend, well it got busy and i just didnt have time lol I do have the M50 with trans locked down though! Ive been doing a lot of research, mainly on the little things involved, and found out that im gonna need a few things:

1. e36 motor arms, like $20 a side on ebay so thats cheap enough

2. 318i radiator, like $60 on ebay, i wanna use this one because of the built in expansion tank. itll allow me to have an even cleaner engine bay!

3. e36 wiring harness, same as the e39 but the DME side of the harness is longer and the sensor wires are shorter. If i ran the e34 harness it wouldnt fit right and it frankly would look like shit! I can sell the e34 harness and buy an e36 one for about the same amount.

As you can tell the motor is out of an e34 525i, It would probably be easier to buy an engine out of an e36 but its cheap and only has 100k miles.

Other plans that I have:

1. Remove any not needed mounting tabs in the bay, as well as paint the bed with rust-oleum truck bed liner! itll be super strong, wont scratch and will be badass!

2. Im going to be running the FCP euro crank fan delete kit, sweet deal for what you get and it will let the motor run smoother at higher revs - http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...-hepu-e36fdmk2

3. Also deleting the AC and PS, idk if ive already went over that but yeah dropped it like it was hot

4. Half-ass fix the hidden rust for now, there will be a new chassis in the future, not near though

Here are the final pics with the m20 in, all wiring is disconnected along with everything else. Once im home for good ill cut the exhaust, pull the slave, unbolt the engine and trans, then finally pull that mother!

IMG_5866

IMG_5874

IMG_5875

IMG_5876

Pretty much all i got for the next 2 weeks or so, I also noticed all the views i got on this thread which is awesome so thank you guys! If you wanna see more pics of the car you can look on my instagram too which is in my sig!

Greg
    Last edited by K-Line; 10-27-2015, 11:37 AM.
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

• Also how do you embed a youtube video on this thing?

1999 M Coupe
      1987 325e
      1987 325IS

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Line View Post
        Also how do you embed a youtube video on this thing?
        get the embeded code off youtube

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• the feels for this build

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• Im sitting here in CAD class bored and editing old photos that i never got to, so here is one of Brandy Lynn during her first drive after a ton of work!

E30 Barn

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• E30 Driveway Rear

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• Once again its another late night sitting here in boring old Utica, procrastinating on studying for finals, and thinking about the many plans I have for Brandy Lynn. Im currently a sophomore studying mechanical engineering, so if everything goes to plan ill be out in two years with an actual job and making "real" money.

What im getting at is that the shell that i have now isnt bad but there is rust, enough of it that i dont want to deal with it. So my plan is to eventually buy another e30 but this time its gonna be different; late model vert with an m-tech 2 appearance package, bag it, m50, and all of the other goodies.

This has always been a dream of mine and i really want to do it, although it wont be for a while. Just a though that i figured Id talk about, im like talking to myself but on the internets lol

goal:

blue, white, brandon, stretch, alpine, poke, bmw, 325i, bbs, e30, slammed, stance, rm, mtech, 318is, haschke, stanced

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

• Ladies and gentleman may I have your attention!

Today was the big day that I went and picked up Brandy Lynn's new heart! An M50TUB25 out of an E34!

Left at 7:30 AM and got there at 9:15, the front clip was already off so it was an easy extraction. Except the weather here in NY is allover the place, it was single digits and the garage that we worked in wasnt heated so you could say that it was one of the coldest days of my life lol but got it pulled and loaded in 2 hours exactly!

Got it home and started pulling it apart immediately, to an extent. I didnt wanna get to far in with out taking photos of everything so for now i leave you with this...

Untitled

The 413 red label DME...

Untitled

Ill have better pics tonight from an actual camera.

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

• Here are some actual pics from and actual camera!

IMG_5904

IMG_5899

IMG_5885

Pulled all of the accessories

IMG_5900

Pulled the valve cover off, cams look really good with no scoring or other types of wear.

IMG_5896

IMG_5898

Gotta pick up an engine stand sometime this week so i can really get this thing torn down and cleaned up!

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• Got it torn down a bit more, so heres some pics!

IMG_5924

IMG_5925

IMG_5927

IMG_5926

Also want to find a new fuel rail, might try to find something will better flow and that is larger but well see.

IMG_5928

Already have some stuff on the way so updates will be coming in!

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

• really jealous and a lot of respect for you man. Keep killing it!

Comment

• sweet! you goin to paint the block/shave the bay?

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by eethirty View Post
                            sweet! you goin to paint the block/shave the bay?
                            itll look brand new when im done hopefully and for the bay itll be cleaned up a lot, unwanted tabs removed

1999 M Coupe
                            1987 325e
                            1987 325IS

Comment

• Work slowly getting done, started making some purchases also!

Untitled

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

• Ive been working a lot since ive been home from school, which sucks because i dont have as much time to work on preping the engine and trans but then again im making more money to spend on it

Got it torn down to the extent that im going to, block had surface rust everywhere and Ive been dealing with that along with cleaning up any and all aluminum. Here is how she sits as of tonight.

Also have been doing te same to the trans, amazing what a wire wheel will do!

Also had these show up the other day, good shape and got a sweet deal on them!

Other than that its just been cleaning like crazy, pulled the clutch and FW off too. Clutch itself is absolutely beat! I think im going to end up going to a single mass flywheel and OEM clutch.

1999 M Coupe
                                1987 325e
                                1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                                X