Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E30cruiser View Post
    i don't care what they say...i like bronzit.

Motorsport Tech is your absolute number one source for wheel adapters, wheel spacers, and hub centric rings. We manufacture the finest adapters in the world, and we do wheel polishing, chroming, powder coating, and color matching, as well as sell wheels and tires at WHOLESALE PRICES.

these guys made the adapters for my epsilons. custom to your specs to match both the hub diameter and center-bore of the rim. really sturdy stuff. ive tested mine and i trust them to hold up to a beating. would definitely recommend their adapters.
    Thanks man, never even heard of this place! and yesssss bronzit is cool!
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

• gorgeous car

Comment

• Originally posted by NotYourTypicalUruguayan View Post
        gorgeous car
        thanks dood

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

• Finally got back up to school in good ole Shootica and was able to run out to Ian's and pick up my valve cover and oil filter housing. I should be home in two weeks to install them and FINALLY drop the engine in! Anyway heres the VC!

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• Going home tonight with my powder coated parts, so should have the engine together and in by saturday so watch for updates!

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• Ok so work hasnt been going quite like ive wanted this weekend, soooooo the motor will not be going in yet. Upon reassembly ive remembered a few things that I need still, just little things like certain bolts.

Also had a big problem and then an even bigger screw up while dealing with the serpentine belt tensioner. Went to install it back onto my freshly painted oil filter housing and the bolt decided to snap so i spent an hour getting the bolt out, went to tap it and the tap broke off inside too...... after two more hours of work i got it out and then put a helicoil in cause the old threads where fubar

The bolt in question finally installed

A mock up, she looks pertyyyyy

Finally got it off the stand today and ready to put the clutch and trans back on, not sure what progress is to come tomorrow

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

• fucking dope, love your dedication don't know how i would react if my tap broke inside lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MrViicc View Post
                    fucking dope, love your dedication don't know how i would react if my tap broke inside lol
                    Dude it sucked, its been a while since I was that pissed lol but as everyone can see the motor was not dropped in due to the lack of time and few bolts so itll be in soon enough

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Line View Post
                      Dude it sucked, its been a while since I was that pissed lol but as everyone can see the motor was not dropped in due to the lack of time and few bolts so itll be in soon enough
                      i broke my tensioner pulley bolt off in the block of my engine. that shit does fucking suck, and takes forever to get out.

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• I feel your pain man. My s50 swap was a PITA and everything I read online was just talking about how easy it is. You got it dude just be patient and take your time, I learned that the hard way.
                        Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

• Great build! Any plans on doing body work or paint after you're done with the mechanical side? Would be an awesome experience to paint the e30 yourself with help from your friend who painted the 2002!
                          Unpopular Turbo Miata thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...crap+bandwagon

Comment

• Breaking bolts inside of anything always blows and is a huge pita, but the tap breaking brought that to a whole new level that you couldnt even imagine!

As for paint, im not sure yet :/ theres a guy on my campus with an '87 IS with a Zender rear apron and Kamei skirts so id like to see if he would sell them or the whole car and then paint at some point. Not sure yet though, gotta deal with the small amount of rust first

1999 M Coupe
                            1987 325e
                            1987 325IS

Comment

• Just ordered up a can of 139 Bronzit Beige Metallic to touch up the engine bay, I wasnt going to at first buy since the engine still isnt in why not lol

Also ordered, what I hope, is the last back of small parts that I need to get the car running minus an O2 sensor!

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

• HEY NEW YORKERS (UPSTATE) OR NEAR BY STATES! Im looking for wheels! Im trying to find a set of 3 piece wheels, not being specific cause im open to different options, preferably in 4x100 and 16"!

Also would be interested in Schmidts!

Also prefer non-refinished and cheaper, let me know what you got!

Pissed cause I missed out on a set of clean BBS RC041's and a set of Speedline Minstrals, both for well under $1k

1999 M Coupe
                                1987 325e
                                1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                                X