Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is post 2 of 3 for this weekend, its been a big one! Now yesterday i forgot to talk more about the GC coilover suspension set up, to be blunt its amazing! The setup i went with is definitely really stiff and can be a little rough at certain times, but my god does it handle amazing! The e30 chassis is already known to be very good handling but with the addition of the suspension its even better. i can drive into any corner at a good rate of speed and the car wont have any body roll and wont even get upset when heel/toeing late into a corner. Of course when you want you can kick the rear end out and have a little fun

But heres the update!

The garage is packed and its all with BMWs!

IMG_5653

I said in an earlier update that i would show a little bit of the 2002 me and my father have been building, so here it is. just got it back for our friend who painted it for us back to the factory Colorado Orange!

IMG_5655

IMG_5659

Back to the actual subject, I got my front wheels fitted today! They fit almost perfectly, I added 1/4" spacers: 1) to push the rears out a little bit more 2) to allow the wheels to clear the calipers.

I had to shave the calipers slightly to keep them from rubbing even with the spacers, sucks but ill get over it...

IMG_5675

A little side view

IMG_5665

And the fitment, I can go like inch and a half lower in the front but to do so ill need camber plates so i will have those in the near future. for now ill just run it a little higher than i wanted to

IMG_5674

Tomorrow we will see the finished product!
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

Heres it is, the final product (for now)!

IMG_5691

IMG_5686

IMG_5687

IMG_5690

IMG_5680

I love it! the rears are as low as possible and the fronts can still go down like two inches! the fronts fit well, have to raise up a little more for now until i can roll the fenders and put camber plates in to tuck them in a little more. They do poke a little bit (1/4") so the camber plates will do the trick. the rears are perfect as far as fitment goes but the fenders have to be rolled badly, ill run it for now but it really has to get done. over all im super happy with it!

1999 M Coupe
      1987 325e
      1987 325IS

Comment

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Thodmas View Post
          Keep up the good work.

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

looks fucking great! what would be your plans to drop the rear more/what could you have done or bought differently to prevent that

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by eethirty View Post
              looks fucking great! what would be your plans to drop the rear more/what could you have done or bought differently to prevent that
              Thanks man! answer to your question: bags lol but a cheaper alternative would be running a 4 inch spring instead of the 5 inch. you would have almost no rear travel and would probably bottom out constantly. eventually i might find a 4 inch and put the adjuster back in and see how low itll go. for now though its fine, itll settle more, probably like another half inch or so. the front though i have a shit ton of threads left lol anymore questions let me know!

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

I just realized your the guy from syracuse, ill have my car up here next weekend if you wanna check the setup out!

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

Ok im gonna try to keep this thing alive! Ive been doing a lot of cosmetic stuff lately, first off the trim around the windows was super faded so i did a quick raddle can job on them

Untitled

Also working on cleaning the engine bay which was absolutely filthy when i bought it, you can actually see the color of the car again

Untitled

Also shined up the interior a bit, finally got the part to fix my window so i can put my door card back on too

Untitled

And of course you gotta have a Crown Royal shift boot!

Untitled

Oh and the car died on me at school yesterday, come to find out that the voltage regulator wasnt making contact as you can see, super uneven wear

Untitled

One more crappy cell phone pic

Untitled
                  Last edited by K-Line; 12-10-2013, 11:19 PM.

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

Nice build!
                    United States Of Stance
                    www.unitedstatesofstanceshop.bigcartel.com
                    Ig: @Stuart.treybich
                    @Unitedstatesofstance_

Comment

Originally posted by SLMDGEE View Post
                      Nice build!
                      Thanks man!

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

Picking up a little something special tomorrow

1999 M Coupe
                        1987 325e
                        1987 325IS

Comment

love how its mainly low's with the e30, not even caring about body so much lol. pretty sweet that your pops and you are working together and building cars, wish my'n was like that... & what is this something special? finished 2002?

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                            love how its mainly low's with the e30, not even caring about body so much lol. pretty sweet that your pops and you are working together and building cars, wish my'n was like that... & what is this something special? finished 2002?
                            It is fun, my dads been a BMW since the beginning so hes always got a few projects going on hahaha I wish i could say that the surprise was a finished 2002, its been two years since ive driven it!

But this is a sweet surprise! Picked up a mint early model IS valance! Almost no wear and tear, only a little bit of what looks to be dog teeth marks in the corner lol

Untitled

Untitled

Came with working fogs too! As far as the three front brackets go, I have one... but i go to school mechanical engineering and got clearance to use the 3D printer so im gonna draw them um in CAD and print em out FO FREE!

1999 M Coupe
                            1987 325e
                            1987 325IS

Comment

That 2002 looks awesome, more of it?
                              http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dylanhat View Post
                                That 2002 looks awesome, more of it?
                                Bought it in 2011 as a complete car, motor freshly rebuilt with a five foot tall receipt for a hefty sum. so the engine is like new but the body needed a little work. so we let one our good friends do all of the body work which turned out to be pretty extensive, like 120 hours in rust repair alone lol but here are some pics after we tore it apart

IMG_0405

IMG_0417

IMG_0423

IMG_0424

1999 M Coupe
                                1987 325e
                                1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                                X