Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
    take the adjuster off in the rear and you will be lower.
    I think i might do that and just put in some sort of rubber perch/protector on the mounting point. Hopefully ill be ordering wheels soon so ill wait until i get those to see if i need to go lower
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

Originally posted by K-Line View Post
      I think i might do that and just put in some sort of rubber perch/protector on the mounting point. Hopefully ill be ordering wheels soon so ill wait until i get those to see if i need to go lower
      there should already be a stock rubber perch.
      Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
        there should already be a stock rubber perch.
        yes there is hahaha forgot about that!

Also it looks like ill be ordering wheels in the very near future! just a few questions, first off i will be going 16x8 et12 all around which i would call a pretty safe set up, the question is what tires to run?

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

Run a 205/40. My friend with those 16'' style 5's has a 205/45 and it rubs in the rear pretty good. Smaller sidewall would be good to go.

Comment

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Got a few other things done too, like dying the M3 seats and they now look amazing!

IMG_5009

Among other things we got kart up on the wall witch was sketchy as hell hahaha

IMG_5024

Oh and ill some more pics of this beauty in the future...

IMG_5031

If anybody wants to know anything specific about the suspension feel free to ask away! Also ill be heading down to H2O, Air Affair, and the Scraped Crusaders E30 meet; if anyone from upstate NY is heading down let me know!
            2002 hood?

Comment

Originally posted by keith2 View Post
              Run a 205/40. My friend with those 16'' style 5's has a 205/45 and it rubs in the rear pretty good. Smaller sidewall would be good to go.
              Then would it be a better idea to run a 195/45 for more stretch?

Originally posted by hey will View Post
              2002 hood?
              You got it! Its been a on-going project for me and my dad, going into the final stages this winter

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

WHEELS WHEELS WHEELS!

I just ordered my wheels! I know ill get shit for this but I went with Diamond Racing wheels! 16x8 et12 in all four corners, wanted a conservative fitment so i didnt have to worry about rubbing like crazy and ruining my fenders. Plus this is my first time really fitting wheels and lowering a car so itll be a good start. for tires i thing im gonna go with 205/40r16 like keith2 said! theyll be in mid next week and ill be home that weekend to get them on!

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

Well that was quick! wheels arrived today but unfortunately im up at school but heres a crappy cell phone pic i was sent

photo 2

also ordered up some falken tires size 205/40r16 so there will be a little stretch but not to bad.

Finally its that time of year again, H2Oi!!!!! leaving friday for our 7 hour journey to OCMD, look for the mkv r32 with the white plastidipped quarter panels cruising around!

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

Hey dude! im from syracuse and have a bronzit 86' 325es.

Couple questions about your setup; so you ordered regular blisten rear shocks and ix front shocks?
                    Also, looking on the GC website, the only spring kid is the ix one, is this the one you got?

Thanks!

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by eethirty View Post
                      Hey dude! im from syracuse and have a bronzit 86' 325es.

Couple questions about your setup; so you ordered regular blisten rear shocks and ix front shocks?
                      Also, looking on the GC website, the only spring kid is the ix one, is this the one you got?

Thanks!
                      Thats awesome! I love cuse, its where i was originally from way back in the day lol but yeah that is the shock setup that im running. As for the GC kit, its hard to find on the site but there is an i/e specific kit. here it is:

Let me know if you need to know anything else, im in utica so your not to far! Ill have my bronzit up here soon, im in cuse all the time biking if you wanna meet up some time!

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

Heres better pictures of the wheels

DRW 1

DRW 2

Look great, cant wait to see how they fit and how much i have to trim off my calipers.

1999 M Coupe
                        1987 325e
                        1987 325IS

Comment

Thats awesome! I love cuse, its where i was originally from way back in the day lol but yeah that is the shock setup that im running. As for the GC kit, its hard to find on the site but there is an i/e specific kit. here it is:

Let me know if you need to know anything else, im in utica so your not to far! Ill have my bronzit up here soon, im in cuse all the time biking if you wanna meet up some time!
                          Thanks! what rates are you running? i used to bike, not so much anymore. you go to cranx?

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

Its been while but im back! Finally go back home this weekend after my epic weekend at H2OI in the R, so i decided to finalized my ride height and stuff like that. Here it is as of now

IMG_5639

Had to get rid of the adjuster in the rear and just run the spring cause i cant get it that low but whatever it works lol

IMG_5622

After that i went on test fitting the new wheels which seem like theyll fit perfectly!

IMG_5619

IMG_5621

IMG_5623

sooooo much wider than the original bottle caps and tomorrow i gotta finish shaving the front calipers and test everything with 10mm spacers. Finally at the end of the day i threw the bottle caps back on, grabbed my friends dealer plate and took it for its first real drive since all of the work ive done! I feel super accomplished!

E30 First Drive

Let me know what you think!

1999 M Coupe
                            1987 325e
                            1987 325IS

Comment

These modest builds are my favorite! E30's are a great platform really makes me want another, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by kylefav21 View Post
                                These modest builds are my favorite! E30's are a great platform really makes me want another, keep up the good work!
                                Thanks a lot, and its true they are an amazing platform!

1999 M Coupe
                                1987 325e
                                1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                                X