looks good man
    Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
    1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
    1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
    2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
    TUMBLR

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Thomas View Post
      Awesome that the hood clears! Guess now I'll have to delete those nasty looking vents off of my hood haha.
      probably ya.. not a bad thing lol

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
      Thanks for the compliments you gave me MONTHS ago. I forgot to check back. Oops.

Anyway, this is looking amazing and I'll be subscribing this time because I completely intend to keep up with this build! I wish more people did things like this.

Don't get bogged down by the amount of fab work... just push through, take your time, and do it right. It will be well worth the the wait!

You're doing super awesome with this. Keep it up.

edit: I remember what I wanted to say! The 1975 is definitely one of my favorite bands. My favorite song is "Woman", hands down. I'm so mad that I missed them when they came to town. You like good music and I like that.

haha no worries, and thank you.
      I'm putting off the little welding and such until the car is disassembled for paint. Having fun with the other stuff.

and yay somebody else who knows The 1975!
      I'm bummed I missed them the last time they came to Vancouver. I had tickets and couldn't go, and as I predicted they sold out, killed it, and now their coming back in april. So I'll see them this time lol.
      glad to see someone else has similar taste haha

Originally posted by RolledAndPulledG View Post
      youre gonna finish before me lol

looks good man
      maybe

im shooting for painting sometime in march, so everything else is done first
      Last edited by Teeson1111; 01-31-2014, 07:31 PM.

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

Winning!

This is gonna be badass.

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
          Winning!

This is gonna be badass.
          thanx mang!

got a little bit done over the weekend

was listening to a lot of random stuff (sometimes I love shuffle) but this stuck out a lot. Required a few replays

Awesome local band, well to me lol. Haven't seem them live, but really should. They're kinda a rock with a bit of folk (not so country though) twist.

got some new things

IMG_5894

Starting the collection of stuff needed for wiring this beast. What we have here is solid copper SAE 1/0 wire and appropriately sized ring terminals and P clips. Not in the picture is red shrink tube for the ends.

Also

IMG_5895

got a Miata slave cylinder. After a ton (probably overkill really) of research to find a slave for the hydro conversion I settled on this. Still don't know what size master I'll use. Have the bracket all planned, got a adapter to use -3 line to connect it to...

IMG_5892

(ahg blurries)

the now complete hard lines! ran out of line to do the rear, but probably going grab more tomorrow.

Fit the switch on the cowl area

IMG_5896

and the part I'm most excited with, the rear. I like this so much I'm barely annoyed I have to run 2 switches haha

at first glance you may not even notice it

IMG_5888

buuuuut its there

IMG_5890

like so

IMG_5891

now to run wire to it, build a battery box and wire in the rest of the body harness!

Also trimmed the hood a little bit more, I'll take another pic when its 100%. Need the trans in place and the hood hinges installed first though.

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

and for the lulz here are some iPhone pics from the night we burnt out the bushings. at like 10:30 pm. love that farm lifestyle

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

looking good so far man, I'm hoping you have the new style granny mounts and that is the reason your motor is clearing the hood. Looks like I'm gonna order a set for mine when i get home from deployment. You have 5 more months to finish this and keep me motivated lol Deployment can't go any quicker

Comment

Some awesome work going on in here. I'm envious.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMaR- View Post
                  looking good so far man, I'm hoping you have the new style granny mounts and that is the reason your motor is clearing the hood. Looks like I'm gonna order a set for mine when i get home from deployment. You have 5 more months to finish this and keep me motivated lol Deployment can't go any quicker
                  haha yes sir!

and ya I'm pretty sure I have the new style mounts, but no way to tell as they have no number or name on them. The alternator is going to be the next hurdle however...

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                  Some awesome work going on in here. I'm envious.
                  thanks man!

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

can't wait to see how you handle it, I'm excited to get home and work on mine now

Comment

• Looks great! and I agree with working to purity ring.

Originally posted by RolledAndPulledG View Post
                      youre gonna finish before me lol
                      I'm going to finish before you and I have not touched my unfinished sbc swapped mk3 supra in like two years.
                      Volvo Build Thread
                      Bmw Build Thread
                      Toyota Build Thread
                      zanebonk instagram
                      Tumblrrrr

Comment

• v8 is awesome

Comment

• can you post a photo of where your headers sit compared to your frame rails?

Comment

• Originally posted by montgomery View Post
                            Looks great! and I agree with working to purity ring.

I'm going to finish before you and I have not touched my unfinished sbc swapped mk3 supra in like two years.
                            ^

thanx man, and ya love dat purity ring. keeps me in a good mood even when things don't go as planned lol.

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

• Originally posted by alfidomichael View Post
                              v8 is awesome
                              thanx! i agree lol

Originally posted by LaMaR- View Post
                              can you post a photo of where your headers sit compared to your frame rails?
                              yessir

drivers side (with the steering column in place, just for reference. It should clear the headers no problem, but they'll defs get it warm)

IMG_5909
                              IMG_5908

and passenger

IMG_5905
                              IMG_5906

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

• so minor update

rediscovered this album, its so good. "Only Love" first got me onto Ben Harper's music but "Oats In The Water" provoked me to listen to the rest of it. Even has a few live tracks at the end that remind me of John Mayer live.

after a mix up at the post office in sumas blah blah blah I got my hands on these:

IMG_5900

my Abercrombie steering rack kit! everything looks good quality, and the heims look similar to the ones a local place sells if I ever need to replace them.
                                just for a comparison does anyone have a Parts Shop Max spacer kit? would like to see if its longer or just looks different in pictures.

mounted my radiator/fan combo

IMG_5901

made some brackets and welded them on with my lack of skills... but a grinder helped cover that up

IMG_5904

this is my clearance between crankshaft pulley and the fan (ya the connector broke )

IMG_5903

I would make it farther but the fan sits pretty high, I can always trim it down if need be the fan is kinda fatter than it needs to be, and a Spal slim fan can buy me at least another inch.
                                The sharpie fits through with room to spare btw, picture aint so good.

went back to old work, scored a scrap piece of ABS and borrowed my boss' 4" hole saw

IMG_5911

more work to come on that

got fuel line

IMG_5897

fun fact: 3/8 hardline is really hard to bend. like reeeeaaaallly hard. so this will be fun

got -6 stuff too

IMG_5898

and more -3, nickel and dime-ing meeee

started making brackets and welding nuts to attach the lines securely to the car

IMG_5910

and progress continues amidst snowboarding. local mountains are finally getting some decent snow so one has too take advantage of it while its here.
                                Last edited by Teeson1111; 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM.

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

Working...
                                X