R32 GTR: A German/Japanese love affair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you have 2 of my favourite jap cars :O

Wann ist das nächste grillen beim Bastien? Ich will mal so ein teil aus der nähe sehen <3

Comment

• good god

Low n' Slow
      Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
      1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Comment

• Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

• Mean looking cars, should have bought an s chassis when i had the chance...

Out of curiosity.., how do you get the tires on?
          You have two barrels rigth?
          I learned that it's technicliy impossible
          to mount a tire without the deep center...

Comment

• 2 barrels indeed, I genuinely have no idea yet - I reckon it will involve 3 men and 4 crowbars.

That sounded awkward indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by h3llk1t3 View Post
              I reckon it will involve 3 men and 4 crowbars.
              And a lot lube...

I guess i'm just not about it...

Comment

• They on yet??
                -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  They on yet??
                  We're impatiently waiting....
                  Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Love it man!Hope to see it a show sometimes!

@nico_2polished

Comment

• Spent the weekend at home thinking I'm gonna get shit done, but as usual stuff ain't happening the way they were planned.

Sadly no wheels on yet but some minor news, and more pictures!

First of all, now with the FD gone it appeared we didn't have enough cars around.. So here are our two new beaters:

On the left we have a POS 180sx we bought essentially for a six pack and on the right we have a rather nice S2K which we will make sit nicely and when we're done with it sell it next year. More on the Honda next year!

As you see the S13 is an unfathomably ugly pignose version which has been standing in a field of some guy we know for a decade or so. Think my brother told him he'd get some beer for it; the deal was made. Not sure how much work we'll put into it yet, but it'll end its life at the rev limiter that's for sure.

The handy man my brother is he quickly decided to remove the rear wing without unbolting it first - turns out it was a fantastic idea as it turned into a cup holder, holding our refreshments on a cold late-autumn-almost-winter morning.

More later on that shitride if we haven't trashed it by then.

Back to business. Drilled 8mm holes for the valve on my new lips.

Over the past few weeks a buddy of mine helped me reconstruct the underside of the GTR. It's a known disease with R32s that the part under the side skirts gets banged up when jacking them up, subsequently rotting away. He is a true magician when it comes to reconstructing body panels. All the shit cut out, reinforced and painted:

Then I moved on installing the DW camber arms and helper springs my brother had removed from the s14 but I ran into several issues.

The camber arm turned out to be the same length as the stock arm at minimal setting as well as the traction rod did not quite allow me any wiggle room either. So I've ordered the traction rods now as well that have a pillowball joint and I'm gonna get a less thick washer and locking nut for the camber arm so I can get that extra degree or two of camber otherwise I'm pretty fucked as I wont be able to fit the rears.

Naturally the helper spring turned out not to be Tein sized, so I'm ordering those too..

Not much else has gotten done I fear - by the time I had all that information it was getting dark, my p*nis had turned into a popsicle and we were fairly drunk.

On a bright note I've got a new tool for when shit's going down.

All in all it got me a new desktop pic from less successful but great weekend! Clicky for high res if you like!

Last edited by h3llk1t3; 12-08-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Looking good man! Next time im in Germany i'm coming to visit :P
                        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• The S13 cracks me up.

Typical chaotic weekend for you :P

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• I was secretly hoping I would see this thing out and about when I was in Germany haha. Oh well, next time maybe . Fantastic ride all around, can't wait to see it all together again!
                            My Build:

Comment

• Looking through your thread always is a lot of fun, can't wait to see it when you're done with the things you're working on right now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                                The S13 cracks me up.
                                Looks like it could crack itself up
                                Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                                You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X