Kielan's #commonsilver B5 S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    I feel for you Kelly. The turbo let go in my STI a few months ago. I was just lucky that it only took me 2 hours and could do it without getting under the car.
    The Audi is not as nice. Packaged in there tighter than yoga pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      I'll be replacing both turbos, I'm gunna see if I can work something out and if I do it with a friend, I won't have to pay labor so I may be able to get some bigger turbos. Who knows. Stage 3- wouldn't be bad for a bit.
      If you cant upgrade at least port the turbos out, will help alot with spool

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
        The reputation proceeds!
        Is anyone really surprised?
        Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        I feel for you Kelly. The turbo let go in my STI a few months ago. I was just lucky that it only took me 2 hours and could do it without getting under the car.
        Must be nice lol.
        Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
        The Audi is not as nice. Packaged in there tighter than yoga pants.
        Lol, just gotta casually pull the motor.
        Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
        If you cant upgrade at least port the turbos out, will help alot with spool
        Meh not really even worth it then, they'll be out of there in 8 months max.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

step 1 - empty wallet
          step 2 - put car into service position
          step 3 - suicide
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            step 1 - empty wallet
            step 2 - put car into service position
            step 3 - suicide
            Nailed it.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

ouch that was quick... but stage 3 doesnt sound bad at all haha.. and while your motors out you can get the bay all some clean and awesome.

My motor is currently out as well so i plan to clean ever inch of the bay prior to motor going back in.

Comment

Loving the progress so far. If the budget allows I would look in to FrankenTurbos, great turbos for the price. Also how do you like the BC coils? I'm looking to either upgrade my coils or go with an air setup.
                Brilliant Black S4 Avant
                ** Frankenturbo|034|SSAC|Podi|RingerRacing|Accuair|Rotiform **
                #BODENARMY

Comment

Originally posted by E21uro View Post
                  ouch that was quick... but stage 3 doesnt sound bad at all haha.. and while your motors out you can get the bay all some clean and awesome.

My motor is currently out as well so i plan to clean ever inch of the bay prior to motor going back in.
                  That's being done worry not haha.
                  Originally posted by Uberwagen View Post
                  Loving the progress so far. If the budget allows I would look in to FrankenTurbos, great turbos for the price. Also how do you like the BC coils? I'm looking to either upgrade my coils or go with an air setup.
                  I'm going to F21s when I do go Stage 3, I just don't have the funds to right now. So there are some KO3s going back in.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

K03s on an aggressive E85 tune make same power as ko4 cars...

Comment

K03s on an aggressive E85 tune make same power as ko4 cars...
                      And then they blow up lol.

I like more reliable power, F21s will give me all I need, fast enough spool, can easily get 425 whp without have to really push the turbos that hard. Pretty ideal for what I want, a fun, somewhat reliable, easy to daily car.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

E85 runs cleaner and cooler though actually helps the turbos aslong as you dont over boost.

Comment

E85 runs cleaner and cooler though actually helps the turbos aslong as you dont over boost.
                          Meh, at this point to spend money on fueling upgrades just to run E85 on a KO3 car IMO would be a waste. I'd rather spend that money on stage 3, and have brand new turbos, that I know will last me longer than KO3s.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

As much as I am a supporter of e85. It is for sure not for everyone. You have to watch the quality and consistency closely. E85 absorbs water quick, also in the winter months it is e70. So retunes are recommended and alk that gets pricey if you don't do it yourself.

Also the availability of e85 varies. I am not sure if you audi guys have map switching capabilities on stock ecu. So you would have to bring your reflash stuff with you at all times.

Yes e85 is cheaper but you go down in mpg it can even out to spend about the same per week on 93 vs e85.

All in all it would come down to is whether you want to deal with the hassle e85 can be.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                              As much as I am a supporter of e85. It is for sure not for everyone. You have to watch the quality and consistency closely. E85 absorbs water quick, also in the winter months it is e70. So retunes are recommended and alk that gets pricey if you don't do it yourself.

Also the availability of e85 varies. I am not sure if you audi guys have map switching capabilities on stock ecu. So you would have to bring your reflash stuff with you at all times.

Yes e85 is cheaper but you go down in mpg it can even out to spend about the same per week on 93 vs e85.

All in all it would come down to is whether you want to deal with the hassle e85 can be.
                              All very true, and yet another reason why I don't run E85, there is hardly any in CT, and you are correct on these cars you would have to reflash because we can't switch between maps like that.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

While the car is away with my friend who is doing the turbo install, he had his buddy clean up my headlights for me. Difference is pretty staggering.

- Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X