Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    Dude, you will love the V1.

I used to have one but sold it so I could buy coils. Make sure you mount it high on the windshield so there is lots of room for signals to hit the sensors. I had mine tucked up right above the rear view mirror. Couldn't see it standing in front of the car or behind the car. On straight roads you can pick up K band signals from like 2 miles away. It's pretty awesome.
    Lol thanks for the advice, not nearly my first experience with the V1 though, just my first time owning one hahah. But yeah, I'm stoked to finally get it installed, not really worried about speeding tickets as much as exhaust tickets, so this helps give me the heads up to dip the clutch as I slide by cops hahah.

Rich, I love these interiors too
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Lol thanks for the advice, not nearly my first experience with the V1 though, just my first time owning one hahah. But yeah, I'm stoked to finally get it installed, not really worried about speeding tickets as much as exhaust tickets, so this helps give me the heads up to dip the clutch as I slide by cops hahah.

Rich, I love these interiors too
      lol

I had mine hardwired to a switched 12v power source so it left the cigarette lighter free.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
        lol

I had mine hardwired to a switched 12v power source so it left the cigarette lighter free.
        Lol I didn't know people did anything but hardwire them. Hardwiring mine to one of the switched 12V wires in the sunroof area so I don't have to run the cable very far.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Hardwired a V1 last night. Only to figure out that the line I tapped isn't switched, despite the 3 DIYs I read saying it was... Good job Audi community. I guess I really should have looked at it a little bit harder. But oh well. Tomorrow I'll just hardwire it in through the fusebox with an add a fuse or tap an ignition wire or something at the same time I do my boost gauge. Who knows.

BTW the BBK is for sale. Message me if interested.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

this car is cool and you should feel cool. cant wait to see where it goes

IG: Nick475

Comment

As much as I would love a v1 the car I drive does not stay at speed very well.

But good work. You move fast, I feel you have more of a love for this car than the white e46

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                this car is cool and you should feel cool. cant wait to see where it goes
                Thanks man.
                Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                As much as I would love a v1 the car I drive does not stay at speed very well.

But good work. You move fast, I feel you have more of a love for this car than the white e46
                V1 isn't there because I drive like a dick, it's more for peace of mind and to prevent me from getting exhaust tickets lol. I mean yeah, I enjoy a spirited drive every now and again, but not nearly often enough on roads where cops really have any where to sit that I would worry about it.

You would be correct however, this car has made a huge impact on me, there is really just "something" about it that has clicked with me. I really can't tell you what it is, but I do really really enjoy driving and working on the car. And it seems that every step I take improves the car and brings it closer to the vision that I have for it.

I got my boost gauge in yesterday without any issue, talk about a very much needed purchase. I don't have any pictures of it installed yet, but I'll get some tonight perhaps when I do some more logs.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Kelly- pushes pedal watches boost needle rise, keeps doing so, in turn watches gas gauge go down.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                    Kelly- pushes pedal watches boost needle rise, keeps doing so, in turn watches gas gauge go down.
                    Hahaha they're LED blocks, they're so fun to watch though!
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

- Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well it happened, I was just putzing along today, and the passenger side turbo let go, it's not smoking yet, but I do have a wonderful whine. So the motor has to come out. Unfortunately right now funds are a little tight so I can't go with bigger turbos. :/ But hey, that's life. I expected this to happen sooner or later. Just gotta figure out how I'm gunna get it to my buddies garage in PA now so I can pull the lump out and throw another KO3 on there for the time being.

Oh the joys of owning a B5 S4 lol. But hey, I'm not all bent out of shape about it, and really it was going to happen sometime.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Well it happened, I was just putzing along today, and the passenger side turbo let go, it's not smoking yet, but I do have a wonderful whine. So the motor has to come out. Unfortunately right now funds are a little tight so I can't go with bigger turbos. :/ But hey, that's life. I expected this to happen sooner or later. Just gotta figure out how I'm gunna get it to my buddies garage in PA now so I can pull the lump out and throw another KO3 on there for the time being.

Oh the joys of owning a B5 S4 lol. But hey, I'm not all bent out of shape about it, and really it was going to happen sometime.
                          When was the last time the turbos were replaced/rebuilt? And if they haven't been, what's the mileage? And btw please do not replace just one turbo, I had bad experience with that in my A6, save yourself the latter headache and replace both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanium View Post
                            When was the last time the turbos were replaced/rebuilt? And if they haven't been, what's the mileage? And btw please do not replace just one turbo, I had bad experience with that in my A6, save yourself the latter headache and replace both at the same time.
                            I'll be replacing both turbos, I'm gunna see if I can work something out and if I do it with a friend, I won't have to pay labor so I may be able to get some bigger turbos. Who knows. Stage 3- wouldn't be bad for a bit.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

The reputation proceeds!

Comment

I feel for you Kelly. The turbo let go in my STI a few months ago. I was just lucky that it only took me 2 hours and could do it without getting under the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X