Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say man that Volvo Amazons lookin really smart, Iv'e already read your article on the home page and its a true credit to all that hard work man

Quick question I am really new on here so how do you post pictures e.g. on a build thread allowing the image to show up and not show a link (line of text and numbers)

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro_JACK_92 View Post
      Say man that Volvo Amazons lookin really smart, Iv'e already read your article on the home page and its a true credit to all that hard work man

Quick question I am really new on here so how do you post pictures e.g. on a build thread allowing the image to show up and not show a link (line of text and numbers)

Cheers!
      Thanks!

You need a site that can host your photos. I use Photobucket. So basically you will upload your photos to whatever site you end up using for that. Then you get the link to the photos you uploaded. Copy the link. There is a little icon in the post box that looks like a mountain with yellow background. Thats where you can paste the link you get from your photo hosting site.

Comment

• Ah sweet, that makes more sense now man. Modern technology eh, pffft old skool all the way ha ha!
        How challengin was it fittin air ride system into your amazon? I'd struggle with my Imp I feel because there aint much room under the arches...

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro_JACK_92 View Post
          Ah sweet, that makes more sense now man. Modern technology eh, pffft old skool all the way ha ha!
          How challengin was it fittin air ride system into your amazon? I'd struggle with my Imp I feel because there aint much room under the arches...
          Get on Instagram if you aren't and follow a guy @robertiain he has a really cool imp. Pretty low actually

Comment

• well you've done an excellent job with the car so far and changing wheels is the easiest way to refresh your love for your car. it's also the easiest thing to mess up but also the easiest thing to fix.

however, to take a lot of guess work out of your decision, you only need minor photoshop skills to superimpose different wheels onto your car. there are plenty of tutorials on youtube if you don't know how to do it already.

i've done this to several cars for friends and it really helps in the decision making process.
            E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
              well you've done an excellent job with the car so far and changing wheels is the easiest way to refresh your love for your car. it's also the easiest thing to mess up but also the easiest thing to fix.

however, to take a lot of guess work out of your decision, you only need minor photoshop skills to superimpose different wheels onto your car. there are plenty of tutorials on youtube if you don't know how to do it already.

i've done this to several cars for friends and it really helps in the decision making process.
              There are also some wheel company websites that will actually let you upload a picture of you car, and then test wheels and tires to your uploaded image, while adjusting the size to fit image.. I have played with them a bit, because I am not a photoshop guy.. LOL

Comment

• I think the wheels are going on the back burner for now. Im going to focus on the air suspension again. I still need to finish the trunk setup, but before that, I think I am going to switch to 3/8" from 1/4". Most likely going to get new valves, tank, lines, controller, etc. Also, I need to cut some more from here and there to go a touch lower.

Comment

• Glad to hear the wheels are staying, and if you want some reference to aftermarket wheels opinions being in the forefront, just check out the last several post on my thread.. LOL I heard some stuff about my wheel choice during the build, and it seem to die out after paint when people saw why the wheel choice, and not it has flared up again..LOL

Comment

• So glad you are keeping the wheels, they suit it, they make me want to try some bigger steels on mine!

Comment

• Originally posted by improbb View Post
                      So glad you are keeping the wheels, they suit it, they make me want to try some bigger steels on mine!
                      I think the wheels you have now are perfect though. Lets all just keep our wheels hahah

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
                        There are also some wheel company websites that will actually let you upload a picture of you car, and then test wheels and tires to your uploaded image, while adjusting the size to fit image.. I have played with them a bit, because I am not a photoshop guy.. LOL
                        well that def helps. could ya post some of the sites for reference please

Comment

well that def helps. could ya post some of the sites for reference please
                          I just went and checked, and it doesn't seem that Wheels Next is still going, and that was the website it was on.. Damn, that sucks, because it was a pretty cool feature..

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
                            I just went and checked, and it doesn't seem that Wheels Next is still going, and that was the website it was on.. Damn, that sucks, because it was a pretty cool feature..
                            that does suck. i was looking forward to trying out that feature.

Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                            I think the wheels are going on the back burner for now. Im going to focus on the air suspension again. I still need to finish the trunk setup, but before that, I think I am going to switch to 3/8" from 1/4". Most likely going to get new valves, tank, lines, controller, etc. Also, I need to cut some more from here and there to go a touch lower.
                            it's hard to perfect on perfection. your car looks so damn great as it is, i can't imagine what else you could do to modify it.
                            and you can never go too low...lol

Comment

i can't imagine what else you could do to modify it.
                              and you can never go too low...lol
                              The list is pretty short as far as what I can still do to it, but I do have new plans for my air setup in the trunk. Going to step up to 3/8" and use a different valve block and controller. Im going to try my hand at some hard lines. I'll be updating this thread when I get into it soon. The engine bay can always you some cleaning/dressing up as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                                The list is pretty short as far as what I can still do to it, but I do have new plans for my air setup in the trunk. Going to step up to 3/8" and use a different valve block and controller. Im going to try my hand at some hard lines. I'll be updating this thread when I get into it soon. The engine bay can always you some cleaning/dressing up as well.
                                i'm all about the details...they're what makes a car extra special. i'd like to do hard lines in the future as well

Comment

Working...
                                X