Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there. Totally new to this forum. I´m from sweden and ride a -63 121 myself. I really like those wheels. What are they? Where they a straight fit? How can I get a set for my car?

BTW, your car is awsome! Love that interior...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWonder View Post
      If I owned this beauty I would put on a tux and just ride around all day haha
      haha

Originally posted by Scaramanga View Post
      Hi there. Totally new to this forum. I´m from sweden and ride a -63 121 myself. I really like those wheels. What are they? Where they a straight fit? How can I get a set for my car?

BTW, your car is awsome! Love that interior...
      They are mopar steelies. Needed spacers to fit

Comment

• Just now joined this forum and only because of this thread Keith. You're killing it!!! What an awesome car. Hoping that I'll get my '65 in this state some day!

May I ask if you can post more pictures on the air bag install and maybe some details on the bags and other hardware. I don't have a clue as to where to start

Cheers from the Netherlands!!!
        Bartezz

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartezz View Post
          Just now joined this forum and only because of this thread Keith. You're killing it!!! What an awesome car. Hoping that I'll get my '65 in this state some day!

May I ask if you can post more pictures on the air bag install and maybe some details on the bags and other hardware. I don't have a clue as to where to start

Cheers from the Netherlands!!!
          Bartezz
          Thanks for all the kind words! Im still in the middle of doing the bags. Fronts are done and backs are basically done, but I still have to run the lines and do the wiring. A little more welding too. Should be up and running this weekend. There was some fabrication and more cutting than I thought it would need, but I feel like its worth it. Ill message you with some info when its done. Remind me if I forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
            Should be up and running this weekend. There was some fabrication and more cutting than I thought it would need, but I feel like its worth it. Ill message you with some info when its done. Remind me if I forget.
            Thanx, I will! And if you ever need parts that are hard to find on that side of the pond let me know. These Amazons are still abundant here. I know of 4 or 5 daily drivers within a 5km radius of my house Volvo love! So finding parts is usally easier here. Shippping will be a bitch on the larger stuff but let me know if you need anything!

Cheers

Last edited by Bartezz; 10-31-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartezz View Post
              Thanx, I will! And if you ever need parts that are hard to find on that side of the pond let me know. These Amazons are still abundant here. I know of 4 or 5 daily drivers within a 5km radius of my house Volvo love! So finding parts is usally easier here. Shippping will be a bitch on the larger stuff but let me know if you need anything!

Cheers

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Yours looks great by the way!

Comment

• Ok so front and back bags are done and management is all working properly. Wasnt a huge pain in the ass, but it wasnt super easy. There isnt a lot of room and areas needed to be cut to allow space for the bags. Obviously, they dont make a kit for these, but the approach I took is basically how a lot of people go about bagging older cars. Still need to do the exhaust. I had to cut it before the axle because it was getting pinched. Im thinking of running it out to the side, still not sure yet.

Pretty much aired up

Deflated

Last edited by Keith602; 06-30-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• And of course, the ensuing photoshoot haha

Last edited by Keith602; 06-30-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Any thoughts on where to run exhaust? I've been thinking out to the side before the rear tire, but I could also go out the back and run some oval pipe over the axle to clear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                      Any thoughts on where to run exhaust? I've been thinking out to the side before the rear tire, but I could also go out the back and run some oval pipe over the axle to clear it.
                      I think you should run the exhaust out the back, keep it smooth looking.
                      Dude i love your 122, big inspiration, i like my boxy 240, but would have
                      loved to get into an amazon wagon project, the cars overall availability
                      is non-existent here in Ohio.

Transmetropolitan IG: Awful_Hero
                      FB: Unfriendly.Garage The Volvo Wagon Build *SW*

Comment

• Comment

• Holy crap that is awesome! I soooo want to do this! Thought of coilover conversion at first but this is freaking radical!

So where and what did you all need to cut? I see the lower arm in the front? Do you have any more pics on the build itself and also all the installed hardware (and details on these )?

Another question; how is the ride? Is it stiffer/looser on standard height and how did it effect roll?

Exhaust... hmm i like how they did it to the Amazon Vox:

Cheers,
                          Bart

Comment

• boss

i love my bug more than my m3 haha

Comment

• Keeps getting better and better
                              Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

• Aired up = how you would think it would of looked new
                                Aired out = rad as hell

Props dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X