No announcement yet.

my fluffy 86' 535i build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn.. these are even better. 17s too huh?

hi

Comment

yep. same specs. 17x8.5 et13

Comment

so i broke down the headlights to refinishing the buckets and clean up any connectors and covers. only managed to break 2 of the small cup grommets that hold the headlight to adjustor. after sandblasting of the buckets and some self etching primer, i hit it with some fresh black

started to polish up the chrome headlight rings as they were black and had over spray as well, came out looking new. old on left and polish on right

overspray and rust, a no go in my book.

headlight mess

primer

paint

i wonder what goes on those motor shafts and in between the stoppers on the chrome rings
        Last edited by difeliciantonio; 08-03-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

no real updates.
          i talked to owner eric at railroad.net and asked if he could make one of his great alcantara shift boots for the e28. after sending in my old worn leather boot for a pattern, i got this in the mail. its fits like OEM and looks awesome with the wood knob.

how does everyone like the new school in combination to the old?

Comment

Love the work, have you fitted the front coil overs yet?
            I don't really care for the shift boot, since its a little to modern for the car.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

you are absolutely killing it. great work so far. keep it up.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                Love the work, have you fitted the front coil overs yet?
                I don't really care for the shift boot, since its a little to modern for the car.
                thanks, i try to do things right the first time and also, i **** putting dirty stuff back on the car, so if i can, it get redone.

iam pretty scattered brain working on the car. since iam working on so many areas, i kinda just work on different things depending on the weather and or how i feel. lol. i love your car, you so lucky that euro e28's start out badass with bumpers and lights

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post

thanks man. i dig the black panther. fender flares look nasty with the rims and stretch

Comment

Looks good, can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

It is great to see cars like this get resurrected. Good job sir.
                    HighwaySTAR Garage
                    Simply Clean x RLA x fFunction
                    Instagram: highwaystarkg

Comment

thanks.. it gonna have had a pretty comprehensive transformation by the time i am done with it

Comment

so in my 2 plus months of leave ive been like a pack rat and gathering tons of parts

ive sold the e24 electric sport seats, mtech 1 (didnt fit, was course thread) the strut bar and some of the other stuff as its all getting replaced with nicer items like TCD intake, masion bar, e28 manula mtech sport seat, clean dash, and a bunch of other goodies

let the massive amount of work commence

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
                          Agreed

Comment

so when i got my car, the trunk was completely gross. i got to a point where i threw everything away (what was there, not much) except tool tray and literally hosed down everything with purple power and scrub the crap out of everything and then hosed it down with a hose and used a water shop vac and cleaned everything up. the reason for this as since the car sat for 5 years, it had developed a bug problem and there was decay and gunk, luckly no rust tho

i was missing a couple of the trunk covers, the trunk lid linear was wrapped and gross, missing the jack, wheel chuck and had no spare as well as all the bolts and hardware. so i had to change this

its soon gonna have a new trunk seal installed, thats not rust around seal. its just glue from a sloppy trunk seal replacement by PO

after some time and being gross out, and prob 20 gallons of water and a gallon of purple power i got to this point

got this m5 black tool kit, i still have my old stuff but its missing some tools and, come on, its not black

a euro first aid kit...gotta have

some other stuff i was missing

oil quart bmw bag

and cleanliness
                            Last edited by difeliciantonio; 10-26-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Wish my audi had a trunk tool kit and first aid kit OEM.

Comment

if you look at evolution of bmw's tool kits, there are getting smaller and smaller, back in the 70's you had a massive tray of tool, and 80's, it got a tad smaller losing the allen keys and stuff, and 90's alot smaller losing a bunch of the wrenches and a screwdriver and now there not even a jack and spare in the new bmws...facepalm

Comment

Working...
                                X