No announcement yet.

Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been flat out using every bit of spare time working on the e28. Trying to get everything done before we have to move house in approx 23 days.

Changed the oil and filter. 3000km old oil and filter still looked perfectly clean which was good.

Next up was pulling the front brakes off.

Modified BC top hats were then fitted. With adjustment maxed out they clear the strut tower by a couple of millimeters.

4" lips ready to go on.

Next up cleaning up centres and getting them to my liking. Used a coarse polish to begin with to remove all scratches and imperfections. Then another polish to make them shine.

Barrels cleaned up, new stainless hardware aquired.

Wheels mated together dry. Bolts inserted with blue loctite and then torqued to spec.

Last up, sealing wheels.

Any feedback on build or photos would be appreciated.

Comment

• I cannot wait to see these on the car=)
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
        I cannot wait to see these on the car=)
        You and me both!

Comment

• Jesus this is always my fave e28 to see. On the edge of my seat waiting for pics !
          Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
          My E28 Build

Comment

• Finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and things are going my way.

Rebuilt and refurbished a spare set of front brakes.

Braided lines to match the rears and new pads to hopefully add some more bite.

Had the front rotors machined.Then fitted the brakes and bled them up.

I only polished the rears by hand before fitting them last year. Thought i better do them properly this time.

Killed a drill half way through so replaced it with a DeWalt.

Went through quite a few polishing wheels to get the front and rears done.

Made a stupid mistake and didn't order new valve stems with the new lips. Turned out the standard lips valves wouldn't fit new lips. Three weeks later i had genuine bbs stems to suit the lips as I couldn't find any locally.

The tear down of the shed has began, moving time isn't far away. Looks like i should have the bimmer finished in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
              Jesus this is always my fave e28 to see. On the edge of my seat waiting for pics !
              Appreciate it mate, love your's as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
                Appreciate it mate, love your's as well!
                Man that means a lot . looking forward to seeing the wheels on !
                My E28 Build

Comment

• Decided on tyres sizes for the front. With with 195/50 in the Achilles ATR Sport 2.

Fitted them up at work then got them beaded the next day.

Rolled guards, fitted up wheels and adjusted heights. Oh also clear front indicator lenses (still undecided on these). Pretty happy with the front fitment.

Also got rid of all my parts cars

Comment

• my god so so hot man . god I love your car !
                    My E28 Build

Comment

• Oh man oh man that is going to look so good. Are you going to run the same amopunt of camber front and rear?

Comment

• Bye bye parts car.
                        Bye bye Euro Bumpers.

Comment

• and also seeing those poor e28's being loaded up with euro bumpers makes me cry
                          My E28 Build

Comment

• side pictures!!! D:

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                            Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• "Parting is such sweet sorrow." Sorry to hear about your parents and the loss of garage/parts cars man... If it's any consolation, this thing is amazing. You took what was used as a field car and got it minty and roadworthy like a boss! Don't get disheartened dude!
                              I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

• Do you mind sharing the process you used to polish your lips? I have been refinishing some wheels and need a good method for polishing. Also, sorry about your parents and parts cars.
                                [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                                [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                                Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X