No announcement yet.

Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The undercarriage of your car is a piece of art. Definition of clean. Can't wait to see it done.
    1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

• Much appreciated everyone.

Nothing better than helping to motivate others to do things on there cars!

Comment

• This is incredible! I've read the thread but think I may have missed the wheel specs? What is the width, size and et?

Cheers!

Comment

• Been slack with an update, mainly due to getting no time for decent photos.

Got the wheels fitted and driving two weeks ago. Had to raise the coilovers about 40mm from where they were with the stock wheels due to tyre contact with guard.

Then took it into work and gave it a wheel alignment.

My rear toe adjustment mod worked perfectly and I set the toe on the rear to zero. Rear camber ended up at -7 degrees with the adjuster maxed out.

Pretty happy with how all my suspension work turned out, no issues what so ever.

However the rear looks to high for my liking. Think i need stiffer rear springs and about 5mm more guard clearance and i should be able to get it looking like this:

And the fronts at a skinny 7"s look out of place, this game never ends!

Decent photos to come in the next couple of weeks hopefully!
          Last edited by epearce; 07-05-2017, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Looking GOOOOOD
            _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

• Do you plan on adding a larger lip to the fronts? The rear looks spot on but a touch lower would be great. Isn't the structure of the rear guards hard to work with for getting more room? I heard that the shape of them makes it hard to pull them properly.
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                Do you plan on adding a larger lip to the fronts? The rear looks spot on but a touch lower would be great. Isn't the structure of the rear guards hard to work with for getting more room? I heard that the shape of them makes it hard to pull them properly.
                Yes i plan on widening the fronts. Haven't fully thought out size yet, maybe 9s.

Yeah the rear guards aren't meant to like getting pushed out. I do have some genuine m-tech flares, which could hide what i cut off the guards... i should be able to roll them a bit further than they are currently, i need stiffer springs first though.

Comment

• Do you have a picture of the m-tech flares? I have heard of them but haven't seen them on an e28 before. Hyperco makes some nice affordable springs but I am not sure if you can source them in Australia.
                  95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Just google e28 m5, same as those.

Not sure, I'll do some searching.

Comment

• This thing has come a long way! Pumped to see the fronts widened and everything brought down a bit. Still looking top notch though, in for more!
                      My Build:

Comment

• Just spent the evening reading through this, you've done an awesome job with your car. It makes me really want an old beemer haha

Comment

• looks pretty mint as an overall build...not something you see with this model of car much in aus.

once the front matches the rear aggressive fitment it will look killer

goodluck!
                          Like a glove

Comment

• Removed the ireland engineering engine and gearbox mounts last weekend and fitted new meyle parts. Best thing i have done, those ie mounts didn't suit my needs and created way to much vibration and unneeded noise.

Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                            looks pretty mint as an overall build...not something you see with this model of car much in aus.

once the front matches the rear aggressive fitment it will look killer

goodluck!
                            cheers mate! Driving it as a daily draws some attention to the old girl!

can't wait for better front fitment.

Comment

• boy this looks good.

Comment

• Drove this thing for the first time since Christmas day yesterday. Rear wheel bearings had slight play in them, but all is fixed now with the help of the rattle gun.

So slack I still haven't taken any decent photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X