No announcement yet.

Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I definitely think a 215/40 or 205/45 would be perfect after seeing that=)
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Awesome build. Sub'd for sure.

Only just got back into my E28 build. Crack free dash installed this morning.

Love the engine swap and wheels are looking mint. I should have a bought an already mint set of BBS's instead of hand polishing mine

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
        Jammed the wheel under the guard and put some weight on it to cure my eagerness of how it is going to look:

Then I just sat back and admired

Now to find a tyre that will clear!

Cheers man, nice touring as well!
        Thanks for the follow
        Maybe going down to a 50 series ? Your sidewall will shrink considerably and will pull the sidewall in a hair . Too bad the 55 series wont work , It looks sick!
        Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
        My E28 Build

Comment

• Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
          Maybe going down to a 50 series ? Your sidewall will shrink considerably and will pull the sidewall in a hair . Too bad the 55 series wont work , It looks sick!
          For some reason i had in my head they were 205/50s haha, not 55 like i put on.

I'll try 195/45 first see if it clears.

Comment

• That will clear no problem lol.

This is 205/40's. That would give you more than enough clearance: http://www.tyrestretch.com/10.0_205_40_R17/

I can't find an 195/45's mounted on 10's anywhere but here is a 195/40: http://www.tyrestretch.com/10.0_195_...deral_595_Evo/

Those 195/40's look to run a bit wide too.
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• So i bought some Federal 195/45 tyres, fitted them and took them to a tyre shop to get beaded. They spent ages on them and couldn't get them on.

So i swapped to 205/45 Federals, and i'm happy with the stretch.

And even happier with the fitment.

So close to being able to drive it again!

Comment

• Glad you got that sorted. I think a 205/40 would be just a touch nicer (I am biased=P) but it definitely looks great.

Those 195/45's would have been scary to drive on even if they got them beaded lol
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Looking Good!!!
                  _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

• Just read this from the start. Awesome Car you've built there fella. attention to detail is second to none. Best build thread I've read on Stanceworks so far. Good luck with the rest of the project

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                      Glad you got that sorted. I think a 205/40 would be just a touch nicer (I am biased=P) but it definitely looks great.

Those 195/45's would have been scary to drive on even if they got them beaded lol
                      a 205/40 would look better i agree. But that lowers the car too much, then I'd have to raise the coilovers.

Originally posted by lordicon232 View Post
                      Looking Good!!!
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by sky69 View Post
                      Just read this from the start. Awesome Car you've built there fella. attention to detail is second to none. Best build thread I've read on Stanceworks so far. Good luck with the rest of the project
                      Cheers man! Appreciate it.

Comment

• tire size is on point now looks great man
                        Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

• And it is finally back together and drivable!!!!

Wasn't going to paint the diff, but decided it would look out of place if I didn't.

Brakes all fitted.

Rear end complete!

So pleased with how it looks and went back together, it's like new.

Then camber happened...

Comment

• That camber though. So happy to see this coming together man, keep it up!
                            My Build:

Comment

• Bravo Sir , looks so damn good . I love coming back and seeing progress.
                              Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                              My E28 Build

Comment

• this and Hiests thread keep me motivated to finish my satty and get a bimmer this summer

Low n' Slow
                                Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
                                1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Comment

Working...
                                X