No announcement yet.

The shaved 88 Shitaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car has sat at a shop for 3 months. i was told it needed new injectors and fuel distributor. i sourced a distributor finally and had been looking for injectors. It's not easy to find this old CIS garbage.

So I stopped by last week and it's clear to me they have never even touched the car. I went out back, lifted up the cover and popped the hood. It looks identical to how it looked the day I took it there on July 25th. Even the battery and terminals were on tight. Injectors and fuel lines tight... distributor/air box setup tight. It all leads me to believe that nothing had ever been looked at in the first place.

Of course the first time I take a car to a shop the whole situation is fucked.

I'm rescuing my car soon, taking it to my parents, and swapping the engine this winter over my xmas break.

Picking this up on Sunday.

Probably going to be buying this:

Going the ABA 16V route w/ ABA OBD2 management. The rocco already has a very stout 1.8 16V in it, and I had the head rebuilt 1k miles ago (but that was like, 5 years ago at least). Going to keep it NA for now as well.

I'll be using the stock 16V trans but swapping the 5th gear from the ABA transmission to lower RPM's on the freeway (.80 vs .91 5th gear). It's a direct swap and I'll be getting a trans with the swap anyways so I'll have pretty much everything I need.

Soon...

instagram : demrimz
    StatesideWheel

Comment

• Picked up this yesterday

Since the car just got painted I would like to shave the seam sealer out of the bay and repaint it. I plan on making this a nice looking swap, don't want to half ass it.
      StatesideWheel

Comment

• This is great! I love both your cars, and best of luck with the swap, def following it

Comment

• The 16V runs now and I've been driving it around the past couple of days. It hates this cold weather and of course it snows the first night I have it back... ugh.

Still swapping it next month though. Need to ditch CIS in the worst way.

p.s. how much paint would i need to respray my bay? swag.
          StatesideWheel

Comment

• Back from the dead! Glad to see you're gonna do the motor swap yourself, hopefully all goes well!
            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• instagram : demrimz
              StatesideWheel

Comment

• very cool buddy you have done awesome work on this beast. I bet it would never had earned it's nick name if it had looked like this when you had brought it. I've never been into the volkswagon scene but builds this are getting me interested.
                also, that camo Porsche is awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by harlerocco View Post

You are friends with a legend
                  Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                    You are friends with a legend
                    haha if that's what you want to call it! just a beetle with a watercooled 6cyl in it :P

I wish the RS were on right now but it's starting to get kind of gross outside and two of them leak from the valve stems (I'm a dumbass and reused the 25 y/o ones). Also planning on widening the rears another inch. Bought one 2" lip, just need to get another.

Also this parts list for the swap is getting longer and more expensive. ugh.
                    StatesideWheel

Comment

• Dude I haven't followed up on this in a while. Sucks to hear about the shop. But now I'm happy to hear that it's getting aba swapped! Should be a ton of fun. After that all you gotta work on is bringin it down to earth.:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• chicken biscuit
                        i despise my car, capital letters, and probably you.
                        IG doktor_b

Comment

• loving this build keep at it man i know how long projects feel..........long
                          Dubber from the PNW
                          Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39429
                          Daily Thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39066

Comment

• 16V being yanked this week.

StatesideWheel

Comment

• 16V pulled. All AC and PS stuff removed.

Drilled out the spot welds on most of the brackets. Still have to finish getting the battery tray out though.

So far I've got brackets off from coolant expansion res, airbox mount, power steering res, and window washer fluid res.

Will be on it tomorrow once again. Definitely getting the battery tray out and some other little things ground out of the bay. Maybe seam sealer as well if I work fast enough.
                              StatesideWheel

Comment

• Merry Chrimzmas update!

This thing really didn't want to come out.

It finally did though and the driver side looks much better already.

Ground down the spot welded areas and started getting seam sealer out.

Picking up paint tomorrow and doing the frame notch soon. But before anything I think I'm going to scrub the bay out since it's horribly filthy. This is moving along very nicely and I'm having a lot of fun doing it. I think I'm going to just paint all of the engine pieces black (block, head, trans, intake mani, etc). If anyone has any suggestions I'm interested in hearing them.

P.S. got two 1.5" lips for the RS's. Chrome bolts incoming as well.
                                StatesideWheel

Comment

Working...
                                X