Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by promking View Post
    Didn't a bodyshop do all the work on it? :-p

I'm not far behind you, I'm painting mine tomorrow.
    well... the body and paint work. i really wanted to do it all myself (i've painted before, and been wanting to get better on a bigger project) but the body was so fucked... there was no way i could do it.

gas tank is here. shiny.

fuel sending unit should be here monday.
    instagram : demrimz
    StatesideWheel

Comment

• get to work, hippie.
      i despise my car, capital letters, and probably you.
      IG doktor_b

Comment

• New tank is in and threw some fuel in. Of course the battery was dead last night. Going to jump it and hope for the best today. If its in good running order I'm taking it to IA this weekend.
        StatesideWheel

Comment

• On a side note I'm pretty sure I've used all my bandwidth on photobucket. Fuck.
          StatesideWheel

Comment

• Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
            Basically stopped at this point and can't do anything... Roommate is doing a TDI swap on his Mk2 to all the tools and jack stands are in use. I just can't start tearing stuff apart unfortunately. I can't afford to have a shop do this either (nor do I want to). I've never taken my cars to a shop before, it's weird to me. So I'm stuck just looking at this car and not being able to do anything about it.

Awesome.

I know im not a very good mechanic (its more me being lazy than unskilled) but I absolutely don't feel comfortable having someone else work on my car. Its weird exactly

Comment

New tank is in and threw some fuel in. Of course the battery was dead last night. Going to jump it and hope for the best today. If its in good running order I'm taking it to IA this weekend.
              i'll be there in the e30.
              IG doktor_b

Comment

• No rocco for IA. New tank and in-tank pump fixed absolutely nothing.
                StatesideWheel

Comment

• Do 1.8T swap. Also RWD swap. Go all out.

http://smeeezus.tumblr.com/

Instragram @Smeeeb

Comment

No rocco for IA. New tank and in-tank pump fixed absolutely nothing.
                    harlequim for IA?
                    IG doktor_b

Comment

• On the CIS cars the whole fuel system gets contaminated. The tanks the least of the worries.Usually the plunger in the fuel distributor starts to seize up. Also the injectors get plugged up. To be honest your best option is to go to the wreckers and try to find a 16v rocco. look inside the tank. if its clean grab the whole injection setup. I've been through that many times.

Great job on the build by the way.

Comment

• Very nice rocco, still want one. But get some other wheels, these are boring as f#ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                          Very nice rocco, still want one. But get some other wheels, these are boring as f#ck.
                          30" chromies

shidonko
                          IG doktor_b

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                            Very nice rocco, still want one. But get some other wheels, these are boring as f#ck.
                            I love how my RS's turned out, especially for how much I have in them.

However I'm buying another set when I'm at VAG Fair (hopefully in the shitaco) that are anything but 'boring'.

I moved last Thursday and my new place has no garage and a god awful driveway (already got my Golf stuck on it twice). Needless to say I can't dig through the whole fuel system myself, and between work and school I don't have the time. I took it to a great local shop and they are very familiar with CIS. I just asked them to figure out the fuel issue and get it running well, and anything else I can deal with myself.

Once it's back I can get the interior together and a few other odds and ends. Then it's done for now and I plan on taking it to VAG Fair in York, PA Aug 9-11.
                            StatesideWheel

Comment

• Gonna be at h2oi with the taco?
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                                Gonna be at h2oi with the taco?
                                Definitely going, hopefully taking the taco. We'll see how it does if it makes it to VAG Fair next weekend.
                                StatesideWheel

Comment

Working...
                                X