Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archie's 1JZ truck. Don't hold your breath.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those pink splits are sick, wish we had sick 6 lug wheels here in the U.S.
    When in doubt, cut it out...
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39445 <<<<<<< Check out my BUILD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
      I like to keep my car low for ease of transfer also. Being that im a low level paraplegic I dont need transfer boards or any of that garbage. I used to drive a Chevy s10 4x4 which was hard to get in and out of. The roads here in CA are complete garbage. Our road maintenance dept is run by our cash strapped state. they literally fix nothing Our roads were rated amongst the top ten worst roads in the US. San Diego itself ranked #8 worst roads. Its based on how many roads need repair vs how many have been fixed. Luckily the lowest part of my car is not the oil pan. However the catalytic converters are. And in this state we need them in place to pass smog test. without that you cannot register the car. I have gone through 2 cats so far. For cats that are obd2 and CA approved for smog cost upwards of $1200 for both. Anyway back to your truck. I have wanted to run a manual since day one. But it just seems very costly. Have you looked into sequentially shifted manuals ? or a dogbox ? like a clutchless 6 speed ?
      I dont use slide boards, but the closer I can get my car seat to my wheelchair seat, the easier it becomes, as you'd know.
      I've heard CA is super strict for pollution regulations, had no idea the economy was struggling though, in my head the entire state is just a giant baywatch set.
      Cats sound like a headache, it's like every inch you go lower takes a year or so off the life of your car. I wouldnt have it any other way.
      Everything I've seen for sequential manuals looks bullshit expensive. http://www.tciauto.com/ has some kits for converting manuals to paddle shift I think. Ive gotta ditch my 18th century suspension tech and sort my wiring before I get onto the mechanical side of things though.

Visit my build, that would be super good of you to do.

be my instagram friend: archiediplomat

have a look at the shirts I do: www.diplomatthreads.com.au

Comment

I love everything about this thread.

Can't wait to see more.

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

so much awesomeness!
          sigpic
          Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

dope build, love the gold wheels with the grey. Aus represent

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
              Went out to my mate's new shed this arv. He's gonna start building the chassis bench at the beginning of next month. He also sprung on me that he'd be keen to do the actual fabrication of the IRS and modified rails to suit, as well as coilover mounts etc. We had a chat about it and I came away feeling pretty positive. The old guy that I had lined up to do the fabrication is a total guru with hotrod building, he's got about 5 old fords and holdens in his shed, all on coilovers and making big power. But he's got a serious rep, which means serious hourly rate and serious waiting lists. My mate Rusty can get started sooner, and while he hasn't worked with minitrucks/coilovers before, he has built hotrods, and his fab skills are top notch, he's also worked with the engineer who's gonna be making sure it's all road-legal and signing off on it. So keen to hack this thing into tiny pieces, hopefully some progress pictures soon

Comment

Please follow through with coil overs and document the hell out of it. I'll be going down a similar path. Keep it up!
                The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

You sir, Are awesome and so is your truck.
                  My build thread
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

i don't even mind the "dodgy" paint job
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Everything looks real good!
                      i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

I love both trucks. I'm extremely jealous of your rays.
                        Volvo Build Thread
                        Bmw Build Thread
                        Toyota Build Thread
                        zanebonk instagram
                        Tumblrrrr

Comment

loving this, keen to see how it progresses

Comment

Tiny bits of progress.

Hey, so I've spent the last 3 months teaching myself inventor.
                            Most of that time was spent modelling the S13 IRS, that's done, but it binds really badly, because I dont know how to model elastic rubber bushes. To fix this I'm gonna replace all the joints with sphericals to allow some deflection.
                            Here's what I have so far with an extremely basic concept of what the rear clip might look like:

My man Rusty has also built the chassis bench. Looks solid as.

I also purchased the US Isuzu Rodeo front end off my mates drift truck. Here it is in all its glory. I almost cried when I saw he was parting it out to move on to new projects. Prepare to fap:

I'm pretty keen to see those flush headlights sitting over my Stillen front bar.

In other news, I had a six stud guard-roller made up so I could fit my gold steelies on my daily.

Was pretty impressed with how much pump we got with zero paint cracking. It was the first time me and my mate had done it, and we made it out to be way harder in our minds than it actually was.

Here's the result with my Diplomat tyre bomb, courtesy of Mad Mike's tutorial on Speedhunters.

Diplomat is a Tshirt label I do on the side because my day job is not creative at all. In this photo I am selling shirts out the back of my daily at a car show. The crane serves as a good mobile clothes rack.

I sold my Rays to my buddy, because once the 1J is done, and I sell my daily, I wont have anything to run six stud wheels.

I think you'll agree they look amazing on his LUV.

The next step is to finish my Inventor model (chassis mounting brackets, coilover mounts etc) and send it to my engineer. As soon as he gives it his thumbs-up, Rusty can start cutting. Pretty keen for the new year. Wanna see some serious progress on this.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Looking great!
                              My build thread
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

bad ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X