No announcement yet.

A Southern Accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking into this! I wish my Theta ll was similar!
    Last edited by 244Brick; 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

getting it popping with the turbo conversion

ported & polished manifold with tb

hardly updating, but will be done soon. Blew a headgasket and will be handling that tomorrow, hope to feel some horsepower come back!
      WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
      @thewheeluminati

Comment

That intake manifold looks awesome. Can't wait to see this done.

You swapping to a lower compression head gasket while you're at it? Better head studs as well?

If I remember right the Beta II loves boost even with a stock head and bottom end. I remember of guys running 12 PSI all day and not having any issues with a good tune.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
          That intake manifold looks awesome. Can't wait to see this done.

You swapping to a lower compression head gasket while you're at it? Better head studs as well?

If I remember right the Beta II loves boost even with a stock head and bottom end. I remember of guys running 12 PSI all day and not having any issues with a good tune.
          Trying to treat this rebuild and boost as if it came stock on the car so at most, i'm probably going to push 8 - 9 PSI. Not really boost crazy. Yeah, i've heard alot about that too, not going low compression gasket - i like high comp + boost, and nah, the head studs will stay the same someone told me not to do the APR head studs.
          WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
          @thewheeluminati

Comment

What turbo mani is that? I want to test fit one or if you can show me a picture of the flange openings

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              What turbo mani is that? I want to test fit one or if you can show me a picture of the flange openings

Evolution 8 Manifold, TD05H 16G Turbine. I'll take a picture for you as soon as I have some free time, my dogg.
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

Post that question in the wheels section, maybe someone there can help you.
                Last edited by zfvbgzcfg; 01-30-2015, 12:25 AM.

Comment

What was the reasoning behind someone telling you not to run arp's? Just curious. I suppose if youre only running 8 psi it does not matter regardless. I feel like a gasket change and studs are piece of mind.
                  Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by zfvbgzcfg View Post
                    Post that question in the wheels section, maybe someone there can help you.
                    I have no idea what the hell this is...

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                    What was the reasoning behind someone telling you not to run arp's? Just curious. I suppose if youre only running 8 psi it does not matter regardless. I feel like a gasket change and studs are piece of mind.
                    I honestly have no idea why they said not to run the head studs. I think its just because they've held up under 21 PSI on several builds, so its not needed on 8 - 10 psi. Got the head getting resurfaced and etc, new gaskets, valves, valve springs, valve seals everything so im right there with you bro.
                    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                    @thewheeluminati

Comment

• Originally posted by audobon View Post
                      Evolution 8 Manifold, TD05H 16G Turbine. I'll take a picture for you as soon as I have some free time, my dogg.
                      Cool! I need more powas!

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                        Cool! I need more powas!
                        I still owe you a picture, my doo. Will do that pronto!

So I did a thing, and bought a 91 EF (ED really) for daily so that means I can go all out on this boosting process.

thinking about slapping on some coilover sleeves, MAYBE rebuilding the wheels or just tucking em as they are and just enjoying the 50+mpg!

ON TO THE HYUNDAI

Car is running meh. Might need a tune after the port and polish manifold and polished head, having a problem with my idle right now even though the car pulls stronger than ever....
                        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                        @thewheeluminati

Comment

• So I still out 244brick a picture, which i've been stalling and sucking at. Girl's at 5 months and i've been prepping for the baby.

With that said, I havent had much focus on this build and have gotten way too comfortable with the little civic being a daily.

Took it out for a little troubleshooting the other evening with my brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48DEO9fpkmw I dont know how to embed videos in here so if someone can help, please change the HTMLzzz for meh.

It's stumbling around turns, at idle and etc. Anything below 2k rpms basically, i feel most of the power there and as seen in the video from 2k above it doesnt stumble at all. If anybody has some type of solution that would be great right now also.
                          WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                          @thewheeluminati

Comment

• WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                            @thewheeluminati

Comment

• Check your vac lines with soapy water.

What happened to your headlights?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                                Check your vac lines with soapy water.

What happened to your headlights?
                                bought another local accent for parts, came with new coilovers...the hid projectors you see (that have niteahade on them)..another dc strut bar..all black interior..headers..foglights..another beta 2...an alpha2..good come up I'd say.
                                WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                                @thewheeluminati

Comment

Working...
                                X