X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming along nicely bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Hella_RICH View Post
      I chose bags overs coilovers for a few reasons. However, during my choice I factored out cost because if I didn't coilovers would have been a no-brainer. This set up continues to hurt my pocket lol

When it came down to it,
      - The e30s oil pan sits way to low, no way I was going to risk cracking a pan each time I drove this thing static (respect for all those who do!)
      - Unless your getting Racelands or JOM coils others would require cutting and welding just as bags would, so why not?
      - GC coils aren't cheap so if im going to dish out the cash I might as well get something I really want.
      - I always wanted to run Air Ride on a vehicle, just couldn't decide which so I just said F$&k it ill bag the e30.
      - The list goes on but lastly.......... I just love to do shit people don't approve of. If I think its cool and worth it then ill go ahead and pursue it.

I believe its all about preference, you had your reasons for choosing coilovers so i'm sure you made the best choice.
      Yeah good reasoning. By the time I payed for Ground Controls, for them to be welded up and a severe duty skid plate to make sure I don't lose my pan it was close to the same price so it's much of a muchness.

Comment

Originally posted by anttmann View Post
        ohhhh this is gonna be good
        Thanks

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
        I am with this fucker! ^
        lol, picked up my wheels this weekend, pictures coming soon.
        [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
          Coming along nicely bud.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by UpperClass View Post
            Yeah good reasoning. By the time I payed for Ground Controls, for them to be welded up and a severe duty skid plate to make sure I don't lose my pan it was close to the same price so it's much of a muchness.
            Pretty much. Speaking of skid plates, I need to get one before I put this thing back on the road.

Comment

wheres this at? did you fit the bags? Im anxious to see this!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Coming along really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Hella_RICH
                  Progress is pretty slow. Ive been busy with preparing and taking finals.

Basically at the moment the front and rear bags are mocked up. The current situation is how the vehicle will sit once aired out. The rear sits a tad bit lower than the front, resulting in reverse rake. Because of this, I need to get tires mounted so I can bolt up the wheels and make sure I don't get reverse rack when pancaked. Nothing is welded yet so their is room for alterations. Tires for my wheel set up are pretty hard to come by for reasons I don't understand. So, its taking a while for them to arrive. That statement does not, by any means hint that I will be running 9-10 inch wheels lol. Aside from that I'm still in the progress of refinishing said wheels. Kinda want to keep it a secret. However, once seen it wont be a surprise. I'm sure a lot of people can guess what wheels I went with or more so what brand.
                  gooduck, rake in general is a b**** to deal with so hopefully you can get everything done 'pre-weld. If you dont mind me asking what profile tires are you planning on running? its lookin pretty nasty in the picture with rear tuck and dont worry dude, lots of other people here on S|W are going through finals as well so dont rush the job, it gets done when its done.

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                    gooduck, rake in general is a b**** to deal with so hopefully you can get everything done 'pre-weld. If you dont mind me asking what profile tires are you planning on running? its lookin pretty nasty in the picture with rear tuck and dont worry dude, lots of other people here on S|W are going through finals as well so dont rush the job, it gets done when its done.
                    Exactly, rake will ruin your overall look. Unfortunately, I posses no welding skills at all. So, the e30s at a friend of a friends home getting chopped up.

Lol thanks, and those are beefy tires being tucked. As for tires I'm going with 195/40s all around on a non staggered set. All wheels are 8 inches wide so hopefully this will give me a decent stretch. I'm positive ill need to get spacers and roll some fenders in the future.
                    Last edited by Hella_RICH; 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

ughhh cant wait till i see pics of this thing on the ground. super sweet ride man.
                      Originally posted by HooWybrow
                      Bro, do you even e30?

Comment

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FienD View Post
                        ughhh cant wait till i see pics of this thing on the ground. super sweet ride man.
                        Thanks dude, I cant wait either its a slow process.
                        Last edited by Hella_RICH; 06-11-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Small Update.

Just a small update.

Tires finally came in, mounted and balanced them at work. Then actually got the chance to put the wheels on. Sadly the car is still on jack stands - Suspension still in progress.

Comment

I can't wait to see more! Love it
                            http://cdn.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17224

Comment

Gahh moree!!!!
                              Originally posted by HooWybrow
                              Bro, do you even e30?

Comment

Originally posted by 06RawRsx View Post
                                I can't wait to see more! Love it
                                Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FienD View Post
                                Gahh moree!!!!
                                Lol, more pictures should be on the way in a couple of days, getting closer and closer to the end. But, like always things don't go as smoothly as planned. Having a bit of trouble here and there which is being sorted out slowly and correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X