No announcement yet.

Masquerade's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block came apart fast. New pistons, cylinders and a lot of other crap arrived, but didn't to take pics.

The cleaning is a bi**h to say the least.

Comparison shots:

This looks even worse:

Should get it done by tomorrow.

Cheers.
    The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed you cut up that first car! I'm sure you'll make this project come out great though.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
        To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed you cut up that first car! I'm sure you'll make this project come out great though.
        I know many are disappointed as well. I had no intent at first to cut it, but seeing the body damage and knowing that these cars are sold here in mintassfullyrunningalloriginal0dent'n'rust for 1000$ I ran for the old-school 50's car that would ride n times better.
        The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Cleaned the head as good as I possibly could w/o sandblasting or sanding. Now the fun starts.

Cleaned the springs using a wire wheel. Basically put it on a screw driver and use the wire wheel to make it spin. Ofc don't make it spin out of control, cuz you can loose more than a spring after.

The real problem is with the valves. As you can see in the pic they couldn't hold a seal any longer.

If you're thinking how'll I remember which valve goes where... Well simple. I grind them using grinding paste. Each hole diff valve, then you start noting each1. And just use the drill to grind the valves nicely. When i first saw this I couldn't believe it.

But actually the result is incredible. A perfectly fin line!
          Right - before. Left - after.

F**king despise the pic quality.
          All for now.
          Cheers.
          The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Head reassembled. Valves hold a perfect seal. Gaps realigned, cleaned painted etc.

This also happend. Block cleaned new cylinders are in, new pistons etc. Don't have pics of the weight scales or other assembly. Everything wen't faster then expected.

c

The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Looks like new! Great job

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                Looks like new! Great job
                Thanks mate. I'll upload the finished product soon.
                The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

So in an ordinary fashion, I didn't take all of the rebuild process pic's. However the engine is nearly finished! Needs a carb on it and a few bits and pieces. The exhaust will get changed. And the head cover will probly be painted and polished later on.

The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Everything that's not going silver paint black trust me you will be more satisfied later

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                      Everything that's not going silver paint black trust me you will be more satisfied later
                      This is just the base. When the engine bay is assembled before repaint, I'll see what color combos will I use and what gets cooper plated or chromed. Don't worry I'll paint that ugly ass fan.
                      The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

So the car was torn apart quick. Chipped off all of the tar from the inside of the car and inner fenders. Next up is to make/finish a rotator thingy, so i could flip it 360 all day long. Chip the rest, wire wheel everything, primer, weld, primer, tar.

That's it for now. Later I'll show you more of the lift.

The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

I love these "ground up" restomod projects.
                          I'm sure it will be awesome when you're done, looking forward to it!
                          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
                            I love these "ground up" restomod projects.
                            I'm sure it will be awesome when you're done, looking forward to it!
                            Thanks. Loads to be done, but I'm getting there.

Btw, the original 1.1l engine from the car:
                            The head is damn f***en awesome looking!

The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Very steampunk! First time I've seen an engine where I thought the distributor fits into the aesthetic.
                              Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Ye and almost everything is metal and bolted on by only a few screws. I only doubt that any of them would easily bolt off.
                                The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Working...
                                X