Project Family Cruiser -- 1974 Volvo 142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by austindavidg View Post
    I just got a 1970 Volvo 144s a few months ago....Towed it 30miles home...rebuilt the carbs ran it for ten minutes, shut her off and pulled the motor for a rebuild, the b20 is at my machinist right now! ....btw your car is my new background!

http://austindavidg.imgur.com/all/
    A Few pictures of it are on my imgur
    NIce, looks like a "solid" car. Typical rust areas are the front cowl, "butt cheeks" behind the rear wheels, B pillar seams in the door jams, rockers, front cross member, rear window flange, and wheel arches. These cars are rare, many parts are NLA, but if you ever need help finding anything hit me up. Most of body panels are readily available, as for many parts in genernal, but many parts are NLA and almost impossible to find. One example is the side trim, as seen on my car, Impossible to find NOS, and undented examples.

Klokkerhom has a good selection of panels.
    Last edited by gdogg16; 02-19-2013, 08:30 AM.
    Greg
    1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Originally posted by Slamburgers View Post
      Never thought a Volvo could look so good! You have opened my eyes to a new kind of auto appreciation...
      Very nice sir! Well done!
      Thanks, that's quite the compliment.
      Greg
      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Sweet work man! I love Volvos and 140's in particular. I've owned about 6 140 series and used to road race a 142. Keep up the good work!

Comment

love it

Comment

Originally posted by Brian@AirLift View Post
            Sweet work man! I love Volvos and 140's in particular. I've owned about 6 140 series and used to road race a 142. Keep up the good work!
            Awesome. Currently starting a build with a b20f and maintaining the fuel injection and going with itbs. Sending parts off next week to Sweden to have them adapted.

Do you remember the specs for the engine you ran in the racer? Bore/stroke/compression/valve size/etc? Ill be shooting for ~250hp.
            Last edited by gdogg16; 02-19-2013, 06:33 PM.
            Greg
            1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Beautiful Volvo sir, especially from the Northeast.
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Both of them are beautiful. Nice work!
                1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
                1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
                1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
                Instagram: @kibur

Comment

This is rad.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Any chance you could throw up some more shots for a fellow 140 driver?

91' e30 325ix m20 3.1 stroker
                    My Photography http://austingrubbs.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by austindavidg View Post
                      Any chance you could throw up some more shots for a fellow 140 driver?
                      Right now, the green car is on stands in the driveway blocking the blue car in the garage. If I ever get a good day of weather, I'll put the rear suspension back together on the green car and take the blue out for a drive and snap a few photos.
                      Greg
                      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

New nardi wheel showed yesterday. Did a quick test fit. Thinking 390mm is touch too big. If I could I extend the wheel out further to the driver it might be more comfortable. Thinking a quick release hub might do the trick. The oem wheel is 406mm.

Greg
                        1974 Volvo 142

Comment

This thing looks so mean without the front bumper, the Gotti splits really work on it as well.

Comment

Greg
                            1974 Volvo 142

Comment

i was planning on getting one of those wheels, glad I didn't.
                              MB w108
                              Vimeo

Comment

Originally posted by rafcarre12 View Post
                                glad I didn't.
                                me too!
                                Greg
                                1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Working...
                                X