No announcement yet.

Project Family Cruiser -- 1974 Volvo 142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cringed as soon as I saw those diff pics. i've seen some gnarly stuff as a drifter...that one always hurts the most...

as for the rest,
    your taste is impeccable Greg.

this is what screen savers are made of....
    E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
      i cringed as soon as I saw those diff pics. i've seen some gnarly stuff as a drifter...that one always hurts the most...

as for the rest,
      your taste is impeccable Greg.

this is what screen savers are made of....
      Thanks dude! I snapped an axle in the drift car last weekend.
      Greg
      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Originally posted by gdogg16 View Post
        Thanks dude! I snapped an axle in the drift car last weekend.
        if you don't break your drift car a few times then you're not pushing it hard enough

also, a great excuse to buy stronger and better parts
        E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Greg
          1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Greg
            1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Whoa, keep it PG pls Greg
              Originally posted by Stupid Kid
              You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Southern Worthersee 2014 - © Sam Dobbins - 0108 by More Than More, on Flickr

Southern Worthersee 2014 - © Sam Dobbins - 0107 by More Than More, on Flickr
                Greg
                1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Looked dope at SOWO

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• V1 of the suspension is done, need to pull the crossmember out of the green car and modify it to accept a shock and bag up front. I'll do that when I pull the engine out for the build. I'm completely in love with this air suspension. The car looks absolutely incredible laid out. But now I can get in the car, air it up to old man ride height, and cruise with a worry in the world. Want to put it on the trailer? Sure, air it up, no sweat! The suspension handles very nicely too. Took it for a cruise up the mountains and it performed way beyond my expectations. I think you need to experience it for yourself.

The front bags are tiny for now, and they require 120psi to get the ride height I require, which means they ride fairly stiff, and it's not out of control with out the front shocks in right now because of the high psi. It's like running a #800> spring. Too rough? Air it down a little. The rear bags I run 25psi () to 30psi depending on how I'm driving. The combo is pretty satifisying. I need to revise the front sooner than later though to get a front shock in there. I"m not willing to lose the front swaybar.

So far the only issues I've had are a few air leaks that I need to sort. Both front bags are leaking, and a have a leak in a fitting on the tank. Beyond that, it's just been a quirk with the V2 Autopilot not being to have a start up preset value of >90psi. So I have to air the car up in stages, which isn't a big deal, the controller has 8 customizable presets. The dual 380C's do a decent job of replenshing the tank, but I think I may add another smaller tank and switch the 380C's out for 440s.

Front pass side fender got damaged on the trailer, buddy told me to cut the wheel hard to the left and back up, and backed right into the trailer fender putting a large dent in the lower portion of the fender. Luckily it didn't hit the rocker so it should be an easy repair.
                    Greg
                    1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Greg
                      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• That picture works perfectly with your sig to show the difference between the bags and the coils. Love it

Comment

• Just read the whole thread. It looks so good! Did you get around to the front bags yet?

Comment

• Haven't posted about the car in a while since not much has changed. Still love the air ride. Have blown two lines so far, need to get some high temp sheathing to slip over the line where it crosses the exhaust. But otherwise it's been flawless. It's nice being able to air the car up to a reasonable ride height and drive it around with a worry, and then air it out and stare at it. It's been living under a cover mostly lately though since I added another car to the stable.
                            Untitled by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr
                            Greg
                            1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Love this car, so pretty!

- Renato
                              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                              sigpic

Comment

• plans for the 911?
                                2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                                2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                                1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X