76 Mini Clubman Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
    This thing is the coolest, and those flares!
    Originally posted by Rally View Post
    Congrats on getting it down. It looks fantastic!

PS if any of those minis need a new home, I have space for more in our warehouse
    Thanks, it has been a good journey, looks like I need to upgrade to FBSS, to have an acceptable ride height I have to jack the thing way up or else it just transfers from side to side. Oh well, and as far as Mini's needing a new home I got 2 more cabrio's up for sale, sorry now saloons left!

1998 Astro, 1976 Mini Clubman Estate, 1985 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Comment

Took these pics over the weekend with my 1 1/2 year old daughter. Very excited to share Mini's with her in the future. She like's the 10's. Maybe because they are shiny. Also started fooling around with a radio flyer to cart her around at shows, she likes this very much as well.

Comment

Well I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Accuair with 1/4" NPT Fittings. Before I had just a front/back setup with no tank, just compressor. So I got a 2 gallon tank coming and a single viair 275c compressor. I'm gonna use my old 7 switch box with dual needle gauges in the dash from my Old Van. The whole reason was I wanted to test my theory first, which while the air works on the Mini I was having a problem with it tipping over at lower pressures, basically anything under 75psi or so, and at that pressure it is in 4x4 mode. I imagine it was just due to load transfer. First time I pulled out the driveway at what I would consider "ride height" the car leaned to the right, and stayed there. Hoping this will alleviate that, because I don't want to drive monster truck height. I also picked up another set of 10x7 wheels to have as a spare wheel, but now I am thinking about running these on one side and painting center black... not sure? and using the left overs as a spare....

Accuair with 1/4 PTC fittings.

7 Way switch box

Fun Stuff

New 10x7 Wheels.

Comment

This looks like it's gonna be pretty badass on air!
          1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
          1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Finally had a nice 3 hour run with her this past weekend to The Original British Car Day in Adamstown, MD. Had 2 other buddies in the 67 and another Estate join in the cruise there and back.*

The day before of course meant getting some last minute stuff done that I had been putting off for months. I installed a new 50mm aluminum radiator, I was still rocking the OG one. Very glad I did, cooling was flawless. Tacked in one wheel stud, fitted new fuel lines, finished installing carpet, and some other odds and ends.

Here is a few engine shots, now mind you I haven't spent a lot of time in this area making it pretty, it's functional for now. Possibly this winter or sooner I am planning a wire tuck, painting the motor BG, and adding some nice details, but I don't feel completely embarrassed to pop the hood though.

Comment

Epic, epic Mini dude <3!! Increasing the want for a clubby estate now haha
              I take picture too, sometimes.

Mini content inside.

Instagram.

Tumblr.

Comment

Just realized I hadn't updated this in quiet a while. Been putting in a lot of seat time, roughly driving it to work 3 days a week. Has been fantastic, and while I do miss airing it out, the Protech Coilovers have been great. I did another push to get things that have been bugging me finally up to snuff to make it back to semi-D.D. status. Replaced the leaky door seals, fixed windows, modded stock air box and got rid of the cone filter, New electronic distributor, and a few other bits and bobs. Anyway, here are a few pics lately.

First day at work with coilovers.

My functional engine bay... soon to get pretty over the winter.

And at the swap meet we had a few weekends back.

Comment

Originally posted by notabmw1 View Post
                  Where'd you get the feet for your roof rack?
                  1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Z33_Taxi View Post
                    Where'd you get the feet for your roof rack?
                    It came with the roof rack, the roof rack came on a car I bought (The Trabant)... from Hungaria. So I can't really help ya, but I think it is a somewhat common design for roof gutter clamps.

Comment

lol that sunscreen on your driveway

great clubman
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Well it's been a while... had the fuel pump go out nearly a month and a half ago. Hadn't really had time to do anything with it. But I finally pushed the Mini into the garage and started ordering some winter projects. The biggest being a SC12 supercharger. There were some other odds and ends I have been wanting to try out, so I ordered a new dash, T7 heater, new switches, a variety of different sound deadening products, a SU Electric type style pump, a Freeflow header to replace the LCB.. to name a few things.

Lets start with the heater, I wanted a more compact modern unit that could be multispeed. I love the space it freed up.

After assembly, I tapped a new hole for the wires to come out because I did not want to see them hanging down.

The start of the new switch panel

Mocking it up

The new switch panel painted in black wrinkle. The headlight switch is Off/on/on, heater switch is all the way to left and is off/hi/lo. Rest are just off/on. I think it turned out decent.

The SC12 Supercharger
                        Last edited by notabmw1; 12-22-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

i love this thing
                          1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

Well I figured I would dig in a little bit, what started as a fuel pump replacement (WHICH I STILL HAVEN'T DONE), has now turned into... this..,. painted engine Saturday night, as well as fixed all the rusty areas on the firewall. Replaced rear wheel bearings. Now I am waiting on Minivation hinges, a bunch of fun stuff from DSN, and some other odds and ends. Anyway, here are a few pictures...

Supercharger "mockup". Can't wait.

Tadaaa

Comment

Much better with the painted bay!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                                Much better with the painted bay!
                                Thanks, I think so too, but now it's gold! Been getting some work done late at night, and have been making some good progress. Supercharger may be going on soon.

Minivation hinges to open hood 90 degrees.

More billet goodies

Getting there.

The full 90!

And the super...

Comment

Working...
                                X