X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitey

How it sits now

5 by Jeremy J King, on Flickr

let me start off by saying this thread is about me saving a dodge neon srt4. if you dont like them then well. still check it out because its came a long way.
    the story goes... i had a 2002 neon and wanted to upgrade to the srt4. didnt really want to switch platforms because i already had a bunch of stuff for neons and everything else i wanted was to expensive or impractical haha. this was a happy medium. i put up a wanted to buy add on the forums for a wrecked car. months went buy before someone contacted me. finally someone from Georgia did. it was a 2005 with 38k miles. i jumped on it. we settled on 3900 and he could keep everything aftermarket. i gave him a downpayment of half the price. and the next day he called and said he was just going to keep it and part it out because hed get more. luckily i persuaded him out of that.
    here it is the first day i got it.

it didnt run when i got it. everything to make it run was in the trunk.. that was fun. after putting together a puzzle i got it running. then it came to the body work. the front bumper was damaged and the core support had been pushed in. both were an easy fix. he failed to mention that it had been repaired before. they had put a new quarter panel on and did a terrible job. so i had to strip that down to nothing and my dad i fixed that mess.

at this point we had to paint way more than originally planned so i decided for a color change.. little did i know what i was getting myself into. alsopicked up a wingless trunk from pullapart

stripped the car down to pretty much nothing. didnt paint the bay since it was black,

I also shaved the antenna. And did some fender work.

With my old 02 neon and have to give abig thanks to my dad for all the help.he helped me alot along the way and he also laid down the clear coat for me.

I also did a double din retro fit. I first did it in my yellow car so it was easier doing it in this one lol.

And heres my usb,aux and cutout switch in my armrest compartment.

I also polished the intake manifold. Got an agp intake and polished it. Had the valve cover powdercoated and hid all my vacuum solenoids in a jack daniels tin haha.

Got the electric cutout installed which I am going to have to take out andmodify. It scrapes so much.

Next was a retrofit with mini morimoto projectors from theretrofitsource.com

And I didn’t have any wheels so I bought rota grids..

Then I had to get rear camber plates for the coilovers I took off the yellow car and did the front control arm pushings.

Still hood shift knob I got from IA. I needed something taller to rest my hand on for the touch screen. This was perfect

Got a bfmic and crashbar

also picked up some stock taillights

Wrapped the headliner, pillars and, visors which I am very proud of lol.

And we come to now. I bought a set of 17x9+22 work ryvers from vr wheels. I got a set of 215/45 tires mounted to make sure theyd fit. Then deflated the tires and started dissembling them

Cleaned up all the hardware

Faces are sandblasted and ready to paint tomorrow!

Last edited by jking; 01-27-2014, 04:41 PM.
    sigpic

What a transformation. Well done. Love that headliner and Still Hood shifter too

Click for the Phokus Build Thread

Comment

I'm actually very much liking this. Great work so far!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Wow I'm surprised, looks great!

Comment

I didn't like Neons, but this one changed my mind
          VW Golf V 1.9 TDI 2005

Comment

I liked your car before, but now that I see how much work that was put into it I love it

Comment

damn those wheels are fire!!! love the headliner and shifter as well, oh and good job on the double din retro fit, i dont think i can ever live without a double din lol

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter: @0mg350z

Comment

Probably can't tell from the pics but car didn't look too bad when you got it. Always nice to have your pops help you with body work and also jelly. Such a great way to get what you want and rebuilt to your liking.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

nice work!! but the neon body is just so goofy looking to me. side view with grids just doesnt look right.

Comment

Originally posted by JonD View Post
                    What a transformation. Well done. Love that headliner and Still Hood shifter too
                    Thanks man. Those were a most haha. And I've done a few headliners so it went over well.
                    Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                    I'm actually very much liking this. Great work so far!
                    Thanks man!
                    Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                    Wow I'm surprised, looks great!
                    Thanks!
                    Originally posted by Justin. View Post
                    I didn't like Neons, but this one changed my mind
                    Most people don't like neons haha. I think it's because of all the other ones. I've had a neon since I was 16 so I didn't know what crowd I was associating myself with haha
                    Originally posted by skyhigh90210 View Post
                    I liked your car before, but now that I see how much work that was put into it I love it
                    Thanks man glad everyone can appreciate it!
                    Originally posted by Kennyy View Post
                    damn those wheels are fire!!! love the headliner and shifter as well, oh and good job on the double din retro fit, i dont think i can ever live without a double din lol
                    Thanks! Can't wait to get these wheels done. And yea I couldn't live without the double din either haha.

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                    Probably can't tell from the pics but car didn't look too bad when you got it. Always nice to have your pops help you with body work and also jelly. Such a great way to get what you want and rebuilt to your liking.
                    It was too bad. There was just a lot of scratches that the guy didn't tell me about. The worst part was the quarter panel. The front hood about 20 layers of spray paint lol so I had to sand it down forever. But overall I got really lucky. And yea my dad was a great help and mentor.
                    Originally posted by E21uro View Post
                    nice work!! but the neon body is just so goofy looking to me. side view with grids just doesnt look right.
                    I here this alot. I honestly love the look of the srt4 when it's not stock height lol. The only thing that bothers me is the front wheel wells
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes! IN!

Finally a different route for the neon's

A buddy of mine had VIP Mador's that he trying to fit on his neon but it was totaled.

More Lows and I'll love you forever..
                      Instagram @stayclassy_

Comment

Wow. I really like this. I mean, I'm not a Neon guy at all but this. This is cool. You've done some amazing stuff here, sir!

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Very nice!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                          Originally posted by nickskater09
                          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

From the very beginning when I saw a Neon, I disliked the car. It is ugly and of bad quality. But yours, yours is definitely worth a look! Not my color choice on your headlining but hey, this is finally the first Neon that I like. Keep on!
                            Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                            Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Thanks guys. Went out to paint the faces earlier and the air compressor wouldn't kick on. So I'm gunna have to hopefully get it fixed tomorrow or ill have to wait until next weekend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X