No announcement yet.

Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 sold... Amp sale pending... So I am going to start ordering air stuff this week I have spring break the week or 2 before Water By the Bridge so I am probably going wait to put the front bags on and BBS's back on until then as I am less likely to rub on the bags on the bbs's. In the mean time I am going my get all of my trunk set up done, do all the wiring, and sort out the rear bags as that may present a challenge more so than the fronts yet shouldn't present a rubbing issue on stock wheels. Hopefully I will have a bunch of updates in the coming weeks.
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Back when I first got the style 5's I did this photoshop granted it is bad. It does show about how the wheels will sit as far as vertically. I may be able to get the rear end a little lower than this but I'm not sure

Comment

• I guess I did do something this weekend... If anyone recalls my wheel studs/bolts all rusted when the car sat unattended for a week of rain when the oil pan was cracked. shaun_708 works at autozone and suggested this rust remover/chrome polish from turtle wax and after some scrubbing with an electric tooth brush my wheel hardware is once again surface rust free. The one down side of the product was it took the shine off the wheels but I just had to buff them back out.

before:

hard at work:

after (yes I intend to polish them more later):

I finished making every noticable light on the outside of my car LED by throwing in some LED reverse lights:

I did get my new zealand plate in this week as well Ooh kill'em ooh (don't mind the winter mode)

Here is a bagged Monaro but I think I am lower static in the front lol but dat tuck in the rear doe!

I think that is all now lol

Comment

• well I sold my amp. Time to order air stuff
          Last edited by GTOguy; 02-09-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Can't wait to see this thing bagged, I play to do mine this summer. Any chance Mike mentioned how high you can go when aired out? I would love an extra half inch over stock spring for clearance in to my garage.

Good luck, sounds like he was very helpful with your set up I'm pulling for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Level1 View Post
              Can't wait to see this thing bagged, I play to do mine this summer. Any chance Mike mentioned how high you can go when aired out? I would love an extra half inch over stock spring for clearance in to my garage.

Good luck, sounds like he was very helpful with your set up I'm pulling for you!
              The limiting factor height wise for my car will be my BC's stock shock in the rear. I should be able to go pretty low. I should also be able to lift it pretty high, with a stock shock I'd imagine you can go really high. From pictures of the Australian cars with these rear bags can go 2 or so inches higher than factory similar to the height achievable with drag bags.

Comment

• a Big thanks again to Mike. My order with bagriders has been placed. I am beyond excited to get this build going to the next step.

Comment

• I got 2 big boxes of goodies today. It also hit me that this is really happening. I can't wait to have this car on air.

polished 4 gallon air lift tank:

Autopilot V2 with 3/8" lines

the wiring harness:

If you have been following my build for a long time you will know I have been very big into audio. And the bag riders kit with an upgraded wiring kit includes KnuKonceptz which from my experience in the audio world is very high quality wire.

Dual Viair 444c Compressors

My bags themselves are supposed to arrive thursday according to UPS.

Comment

• Yiiiiiis, so excited to see this on air
                    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Much excite
                      sigpic
                      "how do you drive that? Does it have those lifter shocks on it like the low riders?"
                      -Faithful Autozone Customer
                      Make me insta famous @isupa_shaun

Comment

• So I have a few more updates... Just small ones but updates nonetheless

got my front bags in an BC BR series brackets.

one of my bags and the top and bottom brackets:

my friend, Cody, and I were messing with trunk set up options and I asked him to hold the tank here while I took some pictures as we agreed placed here with hidden, management and compressors would make for the cleanest layout.

With a big ice/snow storm on the way and my car tucked away in the garage at my apartment complex I may use the heated garage to my advantage and knock out my wiring, and mounting tomorrow, that is if any friends can get here to lend me some tools as all of them are at my parents' house 30 minutes away in good weather...

I also threw a bag riders banner on since I washed my car in the 50 degree weather today, as well as moving the NZ plate to the front grill, I am going to mess with the placement of the plate and may end up just using it as a show plate if I think it spoils the front too much.

Comment

• Yesterday I got my autopilot all wired up. I had been intending to clean up my console for a while and went ahead and hid everything but my cheap radar detector wire, and my ipod cable as my headunit only has a front usb.

Anyone whom is familiar with the GTO interior will know there is small storage area under the radio if you did not order the smokers package, so I used that to hide my autopilot away in.
                          Now you see it!

Now you don't

first time I saw the autopilot screen light up.

The parking garage at my apartment is well lit but I guess tinted windows kept it from being bright enough to take a descent picture of the dash.

enjoying my spot in the garage:

Comment

• This is chilly! I like it!
                            Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

• I demand moar!!
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                                I demand moar!!
                                I'm going to work on the trunk more this evening after I grab some dinner. Hopefully more updates in the morning or before I go to sleep

Comment

Working...
                                X