No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how clean your touring is, looks so good! Is it possible you have a bad ABS module causing the light to come on?

Can't wait to see the throwing stars mounted btw haha

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
      I love how clean your touring is, looks so good! Is it possible you have a bad ABS module causing the light to come on?

Can't wait to see the throwing stars mounted btw haha
      Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

I didn't think about the module, however that is a good suggestion that I will look into! Hoping my friends machine will tell me more about the problem.

Comment

• Hopefully you can sort it out and we have the same issue=)
        95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• So I set about doing another job that I'd been putting off for a while, which was wiring and plumbing in the relocated washer bottle.

Turns out you don't actually need to do any wiring, just extend the piping a little. Quick trip to the auto parts place and I had the length I needed with a little connector.

I only really took one picture of the car, because tbh, there wasn't much worth taking a picture of. I did a general nut/bolt check of the front, replaced some rusty 7mm bolts with new 8mm ones from BMW.

Comment

• as always, the little touches can make a massive difference

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
              as always, the little touches can make a massive difference

Hopefully ordering some tyres over the weekend. Still struggling to get my mate to come plug it in and diagnose my warning lights.

But should be able to put a couple hours in over the weekend, even if its just doing little jobs again.

Comment

• Yesterday I cracked on with a little job I'd been putting off for long enough, which was to wire in some US Style running lights. Wiring is always something that I never bothered with, as I'd rather give my problem to someone that knows what they are doing!

But I figured Id give it a shot anyway. First thing was to solder a length of wire on to my bulb holder. I've never actually soldered before, so it took me a while to figure out the neatest way of doing things. But I managed.

With them wired up, I connected them to the sidelights.

And to my surprise, they actually work! Chuffed.

I noticed the car was a little dusty from being in and out the garage, so I got some of this stuff to give it a wipe down. Came out great and smells bloody lovely!

Then I set about doing some other little tasks like checking the rear end bolts, doing a seat bolt and I also changed the bottom engine mount bolts to stainless ones.

I went on to finish under-sealing and painting the rear end. Gave the diff and trailing arms a wee lick of paint as a temporary measure until I can source and rebuild a new rear subframe. Look a lot better!

Ordered some paint for my brake calipers, so I'll take the carriers off and have them blasted when it arrives. Another small fix until I can afford/need to replace all the brakes with new Brembo stuff.

Comment

• Good job mate. Can't wait to see this thing in the summer!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    Good job mate. Can't wait to see this thing in the summer!
                    Likewise dude. About time they've sat beside each other!

A quick trip to the garage tonight and I got the caliper carries off to get them blasted, ready for painting.

Comment

• Wow, those are really dirty. Wish we had these cars in the states.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• For being at work, I had a relatively decent days work on the car.

I picked my front lip up during my lunch break, then my front tyres arrived and I also got my front caliper carriers blasted.

I went to the garage after work to fit the lip. Fits great, still not 100% sure the colour coding was the correct thing to do, but I've got a feeling it's going to look a lot better when it's lowered and all the Style 21's.

The carriers came out looking brand new. I'm still waiting for my paint to arrive, so I sprayed them with some satin black, just to stop the corrosion.

And my front tyres. Originally I was going to go with some Hankooks because they had a really cool looking tread pattern and were very good, but heard they didn't stretch that well. Ended up with some Falkens, which reviewed being the same, if not slightly better than the Hankooks.

Comment

• Another decent weekend on the Touring!

I had my buddy come over and diagnose the faults with the car. My ABS problem turned out to be something very simple, my rear left ABS sensor wasn't quite fitted properly, so that's sorted now. My airbag light is caused by a faulty clock spring on the slip ring, again, something I knew, but now I know for certain.

I got my carries painted and fitted them up to the car. No pics of that unfortunately, but I'm sure you've all seen silver brakes before!

Another job done was re-fitting the washer bottle in the bumper (I had to take it out to fit the lip) Took the opportunity to take a few more photographs of the lip from different angles. I'm really liking it!

Another thing I'm really stoked about fixing is my rear bumper corner. It used to stick out a good 10-15mm and generally looked shit. I've had this problem since I fitted it and thought I was destined for a new bumper, but a small adjustment made a massive difference!

Before

And after

I've ordered some Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour for the Throwing Stars as I've read it's one of the best. I'll see if I have time to do that this week.

The car is now pretty much ready for it's MOT. Everything bar the handbrake is working, so again, another job for this week. I've ordered some new handbrake shoes and fitting kit.

But as of right now, I'm super happy, I can finally see the end!

Comment

• Today I fitted some new Mintex handbrake shoes and fittings. But of a fiddly job, I actually almost took my eye out with some pliers, leaving a nice cut just above my eye. Those of you that have me on Facebook can see that haha.

My worst fear doing this job was having the little spring and allen bolt that fits the shoe, pull through the backing plate. It's happened on my red Touring and it is a pain in the arse. However, that didn't happen and I got them fitted!

Old stuff off

And new stuff on!

I adjusted it up and I finally have a working handbrake, at last! And with that done, I have no more jobs left for the MOT..unless he finds something I've missed. Very quiet at work for the next two weeks, so might see about getting it done soon!

Also I replaced the bulbs in my OBC during the week, which was super easy and much cheaper than buying a new display, which is what I was going to do. I still need to get a temp sensor for the M Sport brake ducts, which is why it reads -37

Hit the rear floor with some etch primer. Going to paint it silver then cover it with some carpet, just so it doesn't look too bad.

And that's it! My next update might see the car with an MOT, we'll see.

Comment

• Strong work bro!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                              Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• How did you do that with your bumper, i got the same problem
                                Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                                Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

Working...
                                X