Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AtlantisTouring View Post
    Arches look great man, something I need to do with mine when it goes in for its respray (rotten sills lol)

Attention to detail on this is great, good to see it being looked after so well!
    Thank you man. I know the horror of rotten sills, it's a job worth doing though!

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
    One of the best Tourings, hands down.

In the unlikely scenario that I should ever decide to sell mine, I'll annoy the shit out of you until you buy it. Because then it would be in the best hands possible for it.
    If you ever decide to sell that car I'll fly over and kick you in the balls. Then I'll buy it.

Comment

• Spent a little time on the Touring this evening, working my way through the small jobs.

Started to underseal my passenger front arch. Removed the arch liner to give that a good clean and going over with Auto Finesse "Revive" it also allowed me to seal the whole arch. I attacked some loose rust with a wire brush and some rust converter - I'm leaving that to dry before I paint then underseal it.

I do apologise for the crap pictures, I don't have any light in my garage.

This is just the first coat, I like to do two or three. Which then leaves a good thick coat and when dry looks quite good.

Fired a little paint on the track rod end after a good scrub with a wire brush. All my suspension arms were replaced last year, however I would like to get them all powdercoated at some point. My ARB should be getting powdercoated fairly soon and I will refit that with some powerflex bushes from Hack Engineering.

My plan is to get new coilovers for the car, so I may end up having the hubs powdercoated and fitted with new backplates (which you can see are pretty bad) and wheel bearings. My brakes are fine, but as usual, I wouldn't mind upgrading them to Brembo discs and pads with braided lines.

Comment

• Managed to get an hour or two at the garage tonight. First job was to get the anti roll bar off in preparation for powdercoating - which would also allow me to look at the mounting points for corrosion.

My aim is to have the underside and the mechanical as good as possible.

Arb off. I replaced my droplinks just before the car came off the road last year, so I don't have to worry about those. Arb will be refitted with new bushings next month.

Removing the Arb gave me a better look at the surface rust under the front chassis leg, thankfully only light surface rust. I scraped all the loose stuff off with a wirebrush and screw driver and applied some rust converter before I left. I'm going to let that dry before I apply some paint and underseal.

Hopefully get a few hours tomorrow to paint it all up.

I also took the red Touring to be Mot'd today, which it passed with flying colours. Very happy. I'm hoping to get a few bits sorted on this next year.

Comment

• Urgh, still need to see the silver tourer.

<3

Comment

• Originally posted by NeilP View Post
            Urgh, still need to see the silver tourer.

<3
            Welcome to come over any time man. However it's looking a bit sorry for itself on jackstands!

Good weekend on the Touring, undearneath is slowly but surely starting to take shape. It's a long process as I only get an hour or two to work on it at night. Most of the rust is gone, that is left is covered in rust converter waiting to be painted and undersealed. There's some hard to reach places which I'm going to do with the spray underseal instead.

Sorry for the crap pics, I have no light in my garage and its hard to get a good shot without using the flash. Paint is still wet which is why it looks so shiny. Might try and get some new hubs, they let the underside down so much.

Does anyone know if I am missing a piece of undertray? Bastien told me there was an extra part for the diesel engines?

Last edited by Minuki; 10-18-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Got some bits back from the powdercoaters. Turned out pretty nice! Just need to get some new ARB bushings and they'll go back on.

The undersealing is also completely finished on the front end and it looks so good. I'm really happy with how it has turned out. Now just to do the rest!

Comment

• Awesome!
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Just read all 24 pages and I have to say that I'm completely hooked! Please do continue!!

Comment

• Really buzzing to see this next show season, was one of the first builds I subbed to on Stance | Works.

Comment

• Really nice to see you taking the time to get all the rust off this thing. Lovely build, keep it up!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                        Awesome!
                        Originally posted by Drmkiii View Post
                        Just read all 24 pages and I have to say that I'm completely hooked! Please do continue!!
                        Thank you guys very much. I have a long way to go until I am completely happy with it, so I will keep you all updated!

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                        Really buzzing to see this next show season, was one of the first builds I subbed to on Stance | Works.
                        Thank you man. I really appreciate it. I really can't wait to show the car in it's new look, I'm just hoping it looks as good as I think it will in my head!

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                        Really nice to see you taking the time to get all the rust off this thing. Lovely build, keep it up!
                        The car is worth keeping, so I'm going to do everything I can to stop it from rusting again! Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• I'm sure you're all sick of looking at the underside of my car by now, but it's pretty much finished. Well the front anyway. Just need some new ARB bushings.

You can just about make out the freshly powdercoated brace in few of them.

Comment

• Get the rear wishbone bushes changed to powerflex dude, changes the ride quality amazingly!

Want to do this with mine over winter once i get it back when the welding is all sorted.

good work

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                            Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• Originally posted by AtlantisTouring View Post
                              Get the rear wishbone bushes changed to powerflex dude, changes the ride quality amazingly!

Want to do this with mine over winter once i get it back when the welding is all sorted.

good work
                              Ideally I'd like to get another subframe to rebuild and then just swap it over! New bushings, bearings etc

Comment

• So, as it turns out, I've owned this car for 3 years last week. I also started this build thread 3 years a go to the day.

Figured I'd throw some of my favorite pictures together in one post.

Comment

Working...
                                X