No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was great to meet you for our Gatebil trip, man.

Your car is coming along awesomely, can't wait to see it in the flesh some day! From what I can tell from over here in Germany, it might be the UKs top Touring!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
      Scott let me drive this once - I bet you are all jealous

Read your Gatebil coverage in PBMW it was fully awesome man.

If you are heading to Driftland this weekend we could do a top secret test fit of some 9s if you like?
      Yes Chris, lets do that! I'm shooting a video of Alex and I's Tourings, may need your help with that too

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
      Was great to meet you for our Gatebil trip, man.

Your car is coming along awesomely, can't wait to see it in the flesh some day! From what I can tell from over here in Germany, it might be the UKs top Touring!
      Thanks Bas, great to meet you as well man. Thanks for the kind words, really hope you get to see it one day

Comment

• Had a good weekend on the car in prep for that thing everyone hates..the MOT! Ever since I put the coilovers on, the ABS and TCS lights sometimes come on, I've read that this can be the ABS sensors, so I replaced both..but not without a fight. The previous owner or whoever it was, was a totally wally and everything was bolted in with the wrong bolts.

Ended up taking the whole hub off and drilling it out. Not a fun job. But that's them both replaced. Just need to get the lights re-set.

And since it was MOT time, the car needed raising. I thought to myself at this point, that it was easier just to put the car into wintermode - So the whole underneath has been completely re-stonechipped and the every crevice I can find filled with waxoyl. I'm going to get another tin and blast the sills again.

So the car now looks like this until April, I know it's a bit early to wintermode it, but I can't be bothered with having to lower it again for a few weeks just to have to raise it up again.

I'll leave you with some final pictures of it on the Style 32's

Should have another set of Throwing Stars soon

Comment

• Only thing better than one set of throwing starts is two sets of throwing stars!

Comment

• I'm not sure if you've already answered this question, but have you got an instagram?

Comment

• Those throwing stars are gonna look tits

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
                Only thing better than one set of throwing starts is two sets of throwing stars!
                Exactly!

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                I'm not sure if you've already answered this question, but have you got an instagram?
                Yup, it's @scottpatersonphoto

Originally posted by tyler589 View Post
                Those throwing stars are gonna look tits
                Thanks man, yeah I can't wait!

Comment

• on point!
                  Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                  Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

• So last week the Touring went in for it's MOT and well, she failed. Nothing major, I was kind of expecting it too, but the main points were -

Airbag light - torn wire behind steering wheel
                    ABS & TCS lights - Faulty relay
                    Rust - A lot of rust

First two problems were sorted easy. The rust was a little more tricky..I knew the car always had a small hole in the boot floor, I just didn't realise there was more than one!

I call this the "M Sport Speed-hole Package"

Pretty much the whole right hand side of the floor was toast. So I took a trip to the scrappies and managed to cut out part of an E46 Touring floor, I figured it'd be easier than trying to bend and curve the metal myself. It actually worked out really well.

Then it was onto the battery tray, I made up this section from a piece of steel and added the ribs for strength.

Everything was both welded from the inside and out.

All done. Just need to give everything a coat of seam sealer and then undearseal it to death.

Bbbb-bonus pic of Tommys car from last night

Comment

• Oh boy, that rust sure was unexpected haha.

Good work on the fix.

Need to learn metal working / welding too

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• pretty outside, bitch on the inside?

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Glad you got that sorted so quickly and easily=)
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                            Oh boy, that rust sure was unexpected haha.

Good work on the fix.

Need to learn metal working / welding too
                            Originally posted by P78 View Post
                            pretty outside, bitch on the inside?

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                            Glad you got that sorted so quickly and easily=)
                            Thanks guys. My Dad helped with the majority of the welding, I did little bits here and there, but my welding isn't as good, so I'd rather he did the important parts haha.

Comment

• So I go the floor undersealed

I also picked up another set of staggered Throwing Stars.

Which means I can run 9's all round! and after some investigation, it appears my Throwing Stars that I've had previously polished are a rare set with the offset of 19. As these are 22.

Comment

• Nice snag=)
                                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Working...
                                X