• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
    work man!!!
    I'm trying Pas!

Originally posted by stbk View Post
    started at 180 with my wheels.dont be afraid to go harder with the paper. then 320. 600. 800. 1200. 2000. and polish.
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60479
    I actually bought some more paper after work today. Going to give it a few more hits tonight.

Comment

• Refinishing these wheels is such hard work. I started on sanding down the stars in between jobs today and I just finished one of them there. I want these 100% perfect before they go back on the car, so I'm doing most of it by hand.

Few little dings and marks that will be sorted before they get sprayed.

Almost got all the corrosion out of one lip though...slowly getting there.

Comment

• Thought I better update this before I go to Gatebil for a week. Flying out tomorrow morning to Bastiens place then the epic road trip up to Norway.

My friends finished their two civics, so we took them to a meet and stole the show.

I also got the Throwing Stars painted. Titan silver with micro fine rainbow flake, just looks like silver in normal light, but when the sun hits, they really pop. It's awesome. The finish is unreal as well, they're so smooth its almost like glass.

This is what they look like mocked up. The lips still need repolished. I'm over the moon with them though, they're soooo good.

Comment

• Those look soooooo good=) I cannot wait to see them mounted.
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Those stars! It's gonna be good!

Take lots of pics at Gatebil!!! Jelly about your closeness to it...
            -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
            '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
            '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Bit of a mega update from the last couple of weeks. I went to Gatebil with Bastien and Tim. It was insane! Here's a few photos from the trip/event that were on my phone.

Flew to Germany. Lost my bag with all my clothes/chargers/toiletries etc

Met Bastien and the Touring

On the way to Gatebil. Found a crazy garage will all sorts of cool shit inside somewhere in Sweeden.

Got to Gatebil

Hung out with Magnus Walker and Speedhunters

Shot two cars for Performance BMW Magazine

Walked around at 3am

Found a fellow Touring. In Dakar!

Visited the M Testing center at the Nurburgring

Visited Classic Remise before my flight home

Arrived back in Scotland

Got home to the car

Fitted camber plates

Uhh, yeah. Bit low!

Raised it a little and went to ScottishVag with Jon and his MK2.

Got some new caps for the Throwing Stars

And today, I got pulled over because someone reported me for drink driving. I was just avoiding potholes!

Comment

• Had my friend Josh Cook come over yesterday and detail the car to get it ready for next weeks show. What a difference some polish makes, the car was pretty good before, but the reflections are a lot sharper and clear. All i need to do now is get some sealant which I'll get during the week.

Unfortunately, I took it to a meet in the rain last night and ruined all his hard work :evil:

If you're in the Central Scotland area, I would highly recommend Josh if you're needing detailing work done!

Comment

• this shit is insane

http://smeeezus.tumblr.com/

Instragram @Smeeeb

Comment

• Jesus that Dakar yellow touring is gorgeous. You make me want a touring even more. I love your car so much. I miss being stationed in Germany sometimes when I see pictures of how beautiful it is there. Your trip looked awsome!
                    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Smeeeb View Post
                      this shit is insane
                      Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                      Jesus that Dakar yellow touring is gorgeous. You make me want a touring even more. I love your car so much. I miss being stationed in Germany sometimes when I see pictures of how beautiful it is there. Your trip looked awsome!
                      Thanks dudes! Yeah, the Dakar Touring was pretty sweet. Owner was a nice dude too.

I finally managed to get the rear of the passenger side to sit the same as the drivers side last night. I'm looking into getting new coilovers for next year because these springs are just so soft.

Comment

• rad update man, awesome trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          rad update man, awesome trip.
                          Trip was unreal man, so good.

Treated the car to a good wash, glaze and seal in prep for Sundays show. A local-ish company called AM Details make some fantastic products, of which I was recommended by Josh who detailed the car at the weekend. She now wears 4 coats of glaze and 2 of sealant.

Need to give it a quick snow foam and blast off with the power washer as it rained today (typical)

Comment

• Looks great, how long do you wait (typically) between coats of glaze/ sealant? Just curious....also, what skirts are those?
                            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                              Looks great, how long do you wait (typically) between coats of glaze/ sealant? Just curious....also, what skirts are those?
                              Usually it depends on what the manufacturers say, but with the AMDetails stuff you wait about 20-30 minutes for the sealant to go hazy and you buff off. They're M3 skirts too

So the sunday just gone was one of Scotland's up and coming shows, Cleanfest, held by the guys from Keepitcleanuk.

Dwayne came over after work and we got the cars prepped in time for the show.

I also dropped my Throwing Stars off to be polished on Saturday. I received these photos an hour later...

I pick them up Saturday.

Comment

• Picked the wheels back from Mike The Polisher...I think I'll let the pictures do the talking!

Considering what they were like before, they look unreal. I'm so happy with them. Can't thank Mike enough for the work, it took him less than two days! Going to get some new tyres for next year and put them on in April, for now I'll sit and admire them in my room.

b-b-b-b-bonus pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X