Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
    It's been a while since I visited this thread. It was a silver touring with the M-tails, nothing really special at the time that made me think it'd be yours except the tails and the fact that those cars didn't seem all too common out there. That was the only one I saw the whole time. It was early June I guess. I got unreasonably excited about seeing an e36 touring in real life
    Could have been me then. I've only ever seen one other silver Touring around the Glasgow area

Comment

• So today I fitted a K&N air filter, because racekor. Super easy job, 10 mins tops. I'm sure you're all aware of what an air filter looks like, but here's some photos anyway.

Old crappy filter out

The job was so easy, I let my kitten do the rest.

No pictures of the new filter because he can't work an iphone just yet.

Also found where my MAF hose was split. I fixed it once before, but I reckon the cold has caused it to crack again.

Comment

• Fixed a few little things today.

The first being my indicator, I'm not really sure how this happened or what caused it, but I think it got mashed between the wheel and wing because there's a huge melted black mark on it. So I swapped it for an OEM unit I got down the scrappies.

Then I sorted a few little bits in the interior - Screwed my dash cluster back in and tightened the screws that hold my sunvisors in. I also noticed my headliner and A pillars are absolutely filthy from when I got my mucky hands on them spraying the car. So I'll need to sort that.

Oh, and the noise from the air filter now is a bit addicting, I can't wait to sort and exhaust for it!

Comment

• Nice work Scott. I drilled the hell out of my airbox in my e36 with big holes (before the air filter) and it really roared after that!
          -SW|UK-
          Education - Knowledge - Power
          insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
            Nice work Scott. I drilled the hell out of my airbox in my e36 with big holes (before the air filter) and it really roared after that!
            Yeah, I'm happy with the sound for now. I still have all the baffles in at the moment, which doesn't too noisy for cruising

Comment

• I was invited along to a test day at Driftland during the week, where I met up with my mate Alex, who drives the Blue Steel Touring. We got chatting and he told me about loads of little neat tricks and modifications I could make to essentially, "Spec up" the Touring. Which fits nicely with the OEM+ look.

I managed to do one of them today. Basically, instead of having two single rear lights, I have now doubled them up. Wouldn't really be noticeable until I parked it next to another E36.

I also bought a key fob. Ever since I got the car, I've been annoyed that it didn't have automatic headlights when I unlocked it. With some quick re-programming, this will allow the sidelights to come on when I open it

I'll do that next weekend. I've also been collecting some parts needed to do a full service, which I will do next weekend too.

Comment

• Got in my car this morning and it smelled worse than a teenagers(my) bedroom. A pair of old work gloves had managed to get under the seat and they REEKED.

Whilst it was still sunny, I hoovered the hell out of the car and swapped the rear half of my leather seats in. I'm waiting for BMW to send me some clips/plugs so I can swap my seat leather/heated bases onto my original frames. They should be with me by the weekend (hopefully).

You can see on the base that there's a few little nicks and scratches, I'll be sorting these out when I have some more time.

Cannot wait to swap the front seats over. I'm also looking for Leather Individual door cards for a sedan/touring..if anyone has some, let me know

I also bit the bullet and paid some stupid prices for BMW roundels.

And here's a photo from when she looked pretty

Comment

• Why did you photoshop the hood roundel out in the pic?

Looking good=)
                  95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• That was before I had the roundels on, looked better than the recces on the bonnet

Comment

• Very nice. Makes me want to put some time and effort into mine. Jealous of the heated front seats! Been trying for ages to find beige heated sport fronts for the touring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coops90 View Post
                        Very nice. Makes me want to put some time and effort into mine. Jealous of the heated front seats! Been trying for ages to find beige heated sport fronts for the touring.
                        Thanks man. Yeah, I was lucky to find them. Really looking forward to having them wired in!

Comment

• I found some old negatives from when I first got the car the other day. Managed to quickly scan them in yesterday.

Then today I cracked on with a job I've been meaning to do for a while. The tailgate has been creating little rust spots where it closes. So I cleaned them up, rust converted them, painted and put a little bit of carbon fiber vynal on there to try and stop it.

And there's a rare site to see in Scotland, blue skies!

And done. I'm not one for fake carbon, but this will be rarely seen, so I can get away with it haha

I think I'll go ahead and service it tomorrow, they weather is meant to be nice.

Comment

• Did you ever figure out your seat wiring? According to that wiring diagram posted, both of those connectors are for the seat heater. One being the backrest heater and the other for your bum heater. I deleted all that jazz from my car but if I remember correctly the airbag connector/occupancy detector is a very small connector and should be white or yellow in color.

Either way, I love your touring! Looks so classy and refined. This is one of my favorite shots:
                            Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

• Originally posted by DinanDave View Post
                              Did you ever figure out your seat wiring? According to that wiring diagram posted, both of those connectors are for the seat heater. One being the backrest heater and the other for your bum heater. I deleted all that jazz from my car but if I remember correctly the airbag connector/occupancy detector is a very small connector and should be white or yellow in color.

Either way, I love your touring! Looks so classy and refined. This is one of my favorite shots:
                              Yeah dude, I did. It turns out, like you said, both connections are for the seat heaters - one for the bottom and the other for the back.

Since I want to retain the occupancy sensor, I've taken the heated seat bases and wiring off their frames and will swap them over to my original frames as soon as BMW sends me the clips for the bases

Thanks man appreciate it, one of my favorite shots too

Comment

• Got my front seats in today and I'm soo stoked. They look a billion times better than the crappy old cloth seats.

So out with the old!

And in with the new(ish)

And voila, heated seats whilst still retaining the seat belt tensioner sensor thingy. Heaters aren't wired up yet, will give that a bash at the weekend. I'm so happy with them just now though. Could do with a damn good clean, they've been in storage for a year haha.

Unfortunately, in my haste I managed to scratch my steering wheel. I took a trip to the breakers there and they have a fairly mint 323i M Sport Coupe with one in it, going to maybe try and get it at the weekend with a few other little things.

Oh, and if you're going to Ultimate Dubs this weekend, look out for my friend, Scott's car

Comment

Working...
                                X