No announcement yet.

Just Another Family VW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry for the lack of updates guys :banghead: been abit busy and been plain procastinating :thumbdown:

but heres the rest of the update

the parts in QUOTES are by Olly

5th June 2013

made a little progress, the DP has been a stumbling block. i haven't been able to fit up the loom, hoses, subframe etc etc. room was so tight i had to opt for another route after the subframe. so asked the hamster to get another couple of bits, he dropped the off last night at his usual 10 past silly o clock hour.

got home from work today and set about finishing the dp, welded the vband to a section of pipe and tacked it to the DP and checked clearances

tfsidownpipecustom by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

all looked good so welded it up and welded lambda boss in

then heatwrapped it

fitted it up with new gasket and nuts

next was to mock up a mid section, trimmed the 45* to the correct angle / length and welded on the v band and flexi joint

then mated it to the existing system

fitted

also fitted the new matrix pipes and servo vac as it was getting dark

9th June 2013

once the down pipe was done i was able to start fitting hoses and loom and gearlinkge etc through the week
    unfortunately i had other commitments yesterday so up early this morning and set about the more involved jobs.

first was to mount the adjustable pressure regulator, personally i **** the look of them. the carbon cannister left a convinient place to mount it so decided to knock something up to mount it and hide it away

wrinkled

fitted

then laid some wrinkle down on the alternator

next was the air intake shroud, for modified revo intake pipe.

tfsi revo intake mock up by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

i shaped and trimmed the mk5 item that came with the kit then made up a new section to suit the mk4

once that was in the battery box etc could be refiited

also had to do something i was putting off and mount the ecu, the TFSI ecu is longer than the mk4 ecu and the run of qpeng loom meant it needed mounting sideways, i modified the mk4 ecu bracket

painted

fitted

scuttle refitted with wipers etc

also decided to open out the front panel a little to give more exposure to the FMIC

couple more bits left, hoses to make, inatake to be painted and little bits and bobs before it's ready to run but made some good progres today
    13th June 2013

well sunday evening it was an hour or so away from the first start, after speking with HammerD monday it was decided to remove the engine and fit an uprated clutch and single mass fly

so got home from work monday and this happened

Hamz did everything he could to lay his hands on a decent uprated set up, found one in stock (from my least favourite company) and paid in full + some for next day delivery, unfortunately they didn't deliver until mid day wednesday. Hamz arrived in usual fasion long after dark on wednesday night with clutch set up.

so got home from work today, split the box off the lump and fitted the new item.

and refitted the box, then fitted the engine in the car and hoked up the basics for a test start

all was good so refitted scuttle, wipers, front panel etc etc etc. a couple of silicon pipes ordered arrived tuesday so could now cut them to size and make up the rad hoses

top one was easy, rotated OE hose slightly and used the centre portion of a 45* bend

the lower one is a little more involved, trimmed down a couple of 90* bends and rotated to the correct path coiple to a beaded section of ally, waiting on another ally coupler to complete the run

couple of finishing bits on the conversion then new haldex controller, headlight ballast, custom drop link mounts and custom drop links, then run it and the a service
    14th June 2013

got home from work and the ally coupler had arrived so set to finishing off the lower rad hose

painted ally

fitted

next i wasn't happy with the fit of the lower boost hose so decided to revise the bracket i made, welded some spacers to it, welded a strip between the spacers, fitted riv nuts into spacers and mounted a rubber foot to sit against the sump

test fit

painted

fitted

now the front was all bolted on, rad hoses made and mounted i filled the fluids, p/s, coolant etc and ran it up to temp for the first time, all went well runs fine, no dash lights or fluid leaks.

yesterday hamz gave me an S3 strut brace (not part of the original plan) so offered it up and it contacted the maf loom plug. there was no room for manouvre so had to notch the brace

removed a section

cut some 3mm wall box to size and test fitted

welded in place

in place

i'll lay some paint on the intake and brace tomorrow, then the big push to get the last bits done and fingers crossed go for it's maiden voyage
    16th June 2013

yesterday it was raining on and off, i was still working away but didn't manage many pics
    first job was to paint the brace and intake to finish the bay, once that was done drill the holes for the brace

and mount it

once that was bolted in it was time to figure out a way to run an ARB with the bagyards, the problem is from factory the bagyards that are built with arb mounts have relocated lines. so sourced some short custom drop links and made some brackets

worked out the best place to mount them

started by tacking in place, bolted up drop link and ran through aired out to max height and lock to lock to ensure no contact or issues. once that was fine, welded in place.

dropped some paint on and bolted up droplink

now the ARB is on the e-level sensor had nowhere to mount on the passenger side with the xenon level adjuster mounted there too, so decided to make a little bracket and piggy back off the xenon level adjuster

once that was done, fitted the replacement haldex controller, bled the brakes, clutch, dropped the oil and fitted new filter and oil, popped the wheels back on. took it for a little test drive, once warm opened it up a little but it didn't seem right. popped it on VCDS when i got back and there was a fuel system bank one implausable signal code 004243, at that point decided to call it a day...

woke up this morning, switched the fuel pressure sensor on the rail and the one on top of the HPFP, scanned it at idle and fault had gone - took it for a drive and it definately felt like the quoted 300bhp. came back and rescanned and the fault had return so suspect intank pump is weak.

hamz is at work today but still managed to source a replacement he should be bringing down tonight, in the meantime with nothing left to do i gave the bay a once over and recalibrated the accuair management

and gave it a wipe over

17th June 2013

so yeah, as olly mentioned the intake pump is probably on its way out, its making a fair few noises. so started searching for one on sunday morning and located one near heathrow but was only free to go collect it after work finished at 8pm, so that done i made my way to ollys along with the usual brown faces and cupcakes. We arrived something like 10-10.30 and dropped the pump to olly and thought i'd take the car for another spin to the local petrol station, just for fun and cos i missed it haha

got back, and dele and TDIazz went for a spin. we were all set to make our way back home when olly tells me i can take the car with me... i was like "what?! so its like... finished?? soo i can take it kind of take it? ALFKNAOGHEOWPQJFNS!!!" ::

So it was a pretty nice suprise, i was thinking maybe another day or two then id be able to take it, but looks like Olls just had enough of it
    the drive home was very pleasent, had a few spirited moments in central london, but most of the time i had to get adjusted to the new clutch, brakes and just the whole thing again.

the power is just plain nuts, its approximately at around 305bhp atm, but top the extra 100bhp over the 2.8 plus the way the power is delivered, its very very different car now especially cos i have no wheels : .... (jk!)

my wife hates it already though :laugh::laugh:

Before

BEFORE - Bora v6 4motion 22/05/2013 by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

After

AFTER - Bora 2.0 TFSI - 15/06/2013 by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

23rd June 2013

So I've had the car for about a full week and ive been driving it here and there (just over 400 miles so far)

In that time olly advised me to obviously take it easy and see if theres any issues that pop up and as and when they do, he'll sort it out like the darling he is!
    so far, the problems that have been addressed:

-Fuel intake pump dying so that was replaced.
    -coolant temp was way off on vagcom but was reading fine on the dials, this was a issue with the coding of the ecu which was fixed by Ben@qpeng
    -and rear diff that basically died lol

a replacement diff was sourced and also fitted

Broke Down Boulevard by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

The car is driving amazingly. Its a COMPLETELY new feel to the v6 before that and the difference is just shocking!
    Now, to many of you's it may not be alot but this is the most powerful car ive owned. Ive driven/ragged out more powerful cars from mates and rentals but this one i own is so far the most powerful one yet. the 300bhp is most definately more than enough on roads we drive on, and its funny that its so easy to break the law/speed limit.

you put your foot down.....aaaand you're there.

you see a gap to over take..... aaaand you've now overtaken.

and obviously with the 4wd kicking in its just that more crazy! Prior to olly fitting the new diff, the wheel spin was abit... fun! the car would go mental trying to get to grips with things (get it?! TRYING TO GET TO GRIPS!! .... :laugh::laugh: ) and it was abit amusing to see peoples faces trying to hear where all the tyre screaching was coming from. It most definately scares a few passengers ive had in the car, but im glad its not 2wd, that way the animal is tamed and on a leash

a few things to mention also. Im glad i fitted the front ARB again and went with the upper and lower S3 braces. It aint no track car thats for sure, but it sure as hell feels better with it than without. the Brembos too, im VERY glad i got those haha!

ive been dreaming of this conversion for a long long time and was planning to have it for my old golf but didnt want to do it in a fwd car so i waited for this car.
    The wait has been worth it :heart:

(car booked in for more custom software and dyno in mid august... hoping to make the most of this engine, hopefully around 360bhp)

CLICK HERE for my thread

Comment

:O jaw dropped.

91 S13 Hatch daily.
      92 S13 Coupe HKS SR22
      2011 Scion xb
      1998 Lexus GS400 SOLD
      1993 Lexus LS400 SOLD
      1993 Lexus SC400 SOLD
      I made a build thread :|

Comment

picked up some new wheels

Rotiform IND

19x8.5
        19x10
        5/112

boks by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

Rotiform IND by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

test fitting the front wheels on first before anything as i was unsure of the brake caliper clearance

Test Fit Rotiform IND by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

and it Just about cleared

test fit rotiform ind by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

test fit rotiform ind by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

and fitting the tyres on

225/35/19 falken fk453 on 19 x 10 by Muhammad Hamidi, on Flickr

thats 215/35 on the front 8.5
        and 225/35 on the rear 10

should be going on the car sometime this week hopefully

CLICK HERE for my thread

Comment

Sub'd!
          check out my build

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46776

Comment

Excellent work. This may just be my favorite MKIV to date. Although I must say I don't think it's fair (or legal) for one person to own multiple sets of Carlines.
            I need a new sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MuTToN_DaGGeR View Post
              Sub'd!

Originally posted by FourRingsB6 View Post
              Excellent work. This may just be my favorite MKIV to date. Although I must say I don't think it's fair (or legal) for one person to own multiple sets of Carlines.
              haha, i've got another set here too haha my third set!

thank you

CLICK HERE for my thread

Comment

Awesome work bud. When you had V5 lump were you happy with it as a daily? I am considering one, but not too sure if its a reliable to daily?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                  Awesome work bud. When you had V5 lump were you happy with it as a daily? I am considering one, but not too sure if its a reliable to daily?
                  thank you

the v6 lump was very very reliable. never let me down as you are thinking

the only headache you may have is a coilpack dying here and there. but they can be bought new for about £70 iirc

all i used to do is have a spare in the boot and if it ever died, id replace with the spare in the boot and find another spare to keep in the boot.

tbh, i was very happy with it as a daily, packed a cute punch and sounded good too. but i was a bit greedy for more lol

CLICK HERE for my thread

Comment

Just discovered this thread. I love it, fantastic work.

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
                      Just discovered this thread. I love it, fantastic work.

cheers

CLICK HERE for my thread

Comment

Originally posted by hMd View Post
                        thank you

the v6 lump was very very reliable. never let me down as you are thinking

the only headache you may have is a coilpack dying here and there. but they can be bought new for about £70 iirc

all i used to do is have a spare in the boot and if it ever died, id replace with the spare in the boot and find another spare to keep in the boot.

tbh, i was very happy with it as a daily, packed a cute punch and sounded good too. but i was a bit greedy for more lol
                        Thanks for the advise bud. Love what you did with you Jetta. The best in my books by far!!

Comment

Think I just had an accident in my pants..

This is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                            Think I just had an accident in my pants..

This is amazing!
                            x2

Comment

Very cool man. Always wanted to swap a 2.0T into a MK4

Comment

CLICK HERE for my thread

Comment

Working...
                                X