09 W211 - slow process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little lower, cut out the fender lip, painted side markers, hid lows

getting alignment @ revolution tires and wheels on the new 2013 hunter hawkeye machine. hit up david and tell him nick sent you. running about 2.75 negative camber on all 4 corners

| CKS | HRE |
    IG @9uns

Comment

so I was driving mins W211 around yesterday and noticed that the fronts rub even when aired up to 100psi. which sits with a "lowered" stance But at stock offset with stock 18x8.5s So i took a look. While installing the bumper and found that The fender liner + sheet metal on W211 front fender wells is super thick under there. Not like on the older mercs at all. Best bet IMO would be to grind / shave it some more. As far as i can see once you roll the metal lip on the inside of the fender flat. It will still rub. at the very top center on full lock. No matter what you do unless you have the fender widened which cost a pretty penny to do it correctly. I know one guy who did his front fenders to look OEM wide it ran him $1200 for all the cutting ,welding, smoothing, and painting.
      C280 Build Thread
      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Yeah that price sounds about right!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
          so I was driving mins W211 around yesterday and noticed that the fronts rub even when aired up to 100psi. which sits with a "lowered" stance But at stock offset with stock 18x8.5s So i took a look. While installing the bumper and found that The fender liner + sheet metal on W211 front fender wells is super thick under there. Not like on the older mercs at all. Best bet IMO would be to grind / shave it some more. As far as i can see once you roll the metal lip on the inside of the fender flat. It will still rub. at the very top center on full lock. No matter what you do unless you have the fender widened which cost a pretty penny to do it correctly. I know one guy who did his front fenders to look OEM wide it ran him $1200 for all the cutting ,welding, smoothing, and painting.
          yeah, i'm thinking about running narrower tires in the front in addition to grinding off that front fender lip. still can't figure out where i'm rubbing in the back. it's only on huge dips or really uneven pavement. i already cut my fender lip completely flat, shaved the corners of my rear bumper, so i'm assuming it's further back where the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper meet or the fender liner.

| CKS | HRE |
          IG @9uns

Comment

Originally posted by o9w211 View Post
            yeah, i'm thinking about running narrower tires in the front in addition to grinding off that front fender lip. still can't figure out where i'm rubbing in the back. it's only on huge dips or really uneven pavement. i already cut my fender lip completely flat, shaved the corners of my rear bumper, so i'm assuming it's further back where the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper meet or the fender liner.
            if its anything like the other mercs ive seen W202 and W203 wagon then you're right. Its the tab that holds the bumper and the rear quarter together . it juts out quite a bit on mercs ive noticed. its not a model specific design either. just the way they did things.
            C280 Build Thread
            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

yeah, i dont know how far back i have to grind down that tab. i've already taken it back pretty far. i can't get any lower at this point, not cool. it looks like i'm slammed cuz i tuck tire, but when its parked, you can see how not slammed it is, and the rake is obvious

| CKS | HRE |
              IG @9uns

Comment

thinking about getting these. i'd have to rebarrel and redrill or run wobble bolts. thoughts? they're 19" so i can slam on these all day

| CKS | HRE |
                IG @9uns

Comment

Those would look balling

Comment

new cell phone/photobucket steez shots:

unmolested shots:

close up:

CF 2 fin diffuser / quad exhaust, CF front lip coming soon.

| CKS | HRE |
                    IG @9uns

Comment

very nice indeed

http://www.mvip.com.au
                      clicky^

Comment

mini shoot with my brother's 2gs
                        updates:
                        cf diffuser
                        quad exhaust

don't know why these are so blurry. excuse my potato camera, wasn't working at its best

| CKS | HRE |
                        IG @9uns

Comment

Working...
                        X