Clear All

Nice build

Comment

Originally posted by X5X View Post
      Nice build
      Thanks!

P1010936 by Brocamdan828, on Flickr

Comment

I decided to start taking apart my center console to paint some of the tan pieces black.

P1011077 by Brocamdan828, on Flickr

After taking them off, I noticed spots where the vinyl was cracked or peeling off... So I peeled it all off on the two pieces...

P1011065 by Brocamdan828, on Flickr

And to my suprise they were black, but they showed faded glue marks from the vinyl. So I tried to paint them, i'm still not done with them yet. The paint keeps running and not setting right. Might be too cold in the garage yet to paint, also the cans have been stored in the cold garage. I'm going to try to get them finished inside. But it's better than the tan. I'll post pics up of that later.

I got under my car to check out the floor panel that I had replaced in front of the back seat. Turns out after I sprayed the undercoating, it must have been yet again too cold and never set. It's already starting to rust on the surface. Who can recomend a good undercoating spray? Would truck bed liner spray work?

I also looked at my rust on the frame rails... How can I go about fixing this? Sorry for all of the dumb questions, I don't mind looking ignorant. I have to learn somehow, I'd better just ask! I thought of cutting out the rust and welding new angle iron pieces onto the frame rails. Can anyone give me imput on that? Thanks in advance!!

P1011070 by Brocamdan828, on Flickr

Also did this somehow, I have awesome luck with this car...

P1011075 by Brocamdan828, on Flickr

Also picking up another e28 soon.

Comment

You'd probably be alright fixing the frame like that, but you probably have to make sure the from isn't holding the rest of the car together. I wouldn't cut into it, but just sand/file down all the rust, then weld a new plate in.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
          my tumblr.
          What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

The hood looks ok. But the spot added personality. I regretted painting my ultra patina'd hood on my old wagon. Atleast you were smart and dipped it. Looks good so far tho keep it up!

Comment

I love the whole aspect of zombie apocalypse cars. Keep it up!!

Comment

A note on the rust. My last 740 wagon had severe frame rot. I had to cut out a lot of the frame to self in new metal, its possible, but a huge pita. Ide be slightly concerned about that rotted looking brake line aswell. Rust sucks, but if you feel the car is worth fixing then don't halfass it, cut out alllll the cancer and put new steel in, then rubberize undercoat it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickskater09 View Post
                  You'd probably be alright fixing the frame like that, but you probably have to make sure the from isn't holding the rest of the car together. I wouldn't cut into it, but just sand/file down all the rust, then weld a new plate in.
                  I get what you're saying, I'll probablly end up doing that. It won't be for a while though. Probablly til I get a second car... With a roundel of course..

Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
                  The hood looks ok. But the spot added personality. I regretted painting my ultra patina'd hood on my old wagon. Atleast you were smart and dipped it. Looks good so far tho keep it up!
                  I've been wanting to peel it off, I miss it being one color mostly. That's why i'm glad I dipped it first, I was originally going to paint the hood. Glad I went with the plasti-dip instead.

Originally posted by Patryk View Post
                  I love the whole aspect of zombie apocalypse cars. Keep it up!!
                  Thanks man! It's more of a poop car in my eyes than zombie apocalypse now...

Comment

I ordered a new steering wheel and momo pattern fine spline hub from a member on mye28.com for $100 shipped. Got it today and got it mounted! Don't mind the automatic-ness creeping...

P1011120 by Brocamdan828, on Flickr

Comment

I just took in, I follow you on instagram.. O_O
                      sigpic

E46 325 touring
                      E34 530 5spd
                      www.dnyealwilson.org
                      www.retrofit.club

Comment

Working...
                      X