No announcement yet.

God damn it Genny, you's a gold diggin' whore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just discovered 912's come in 215/35 and 225/35. Kinda leaning more towards what I'm lookin for, would these be too small?

215/35 (on a 17, they don't have it on an 18 on tyrestretch)

225/35

Comment

NOPE.. with a healthy amount of lows and the right camber they'll be perfect!

from rimtuck.com >>>the link http://rimtuck.com/search/datasheet&...e&diameterf=19
      Bridgestone Potenza 19x8.5+15 225/ 40, but the rears are 10

hankook Ventus V12 19 x 9.5 +17 235/35 up front

Last edited by 244Brick; 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

PERFECT. Thanks <3

Comment

You're very welcome SIR

Comment

Don't go just yet! I require your assistance again!

Picked up the wheels today and turns out they're 18x8 and 18x9 +38, (as opposed to 8.5 and 9.5). Deal was so good though I couldn't pass it up.. would the 215/35 and 225/35 still be good, or would the half inch make that much difference in the stretch? I feel so dumb when it comes to tires

Here's a crappy phone pic I snapped, I was too excited to grab a real camera. They're in great shape, could use a polish but no damage at all. Missing one of the center caps so I'mma run these blank ones until I can find a 4th

Comment

Test fit! Doesn't really give a good idea of ride height, and besides smaller tires just means I'll be able to spin down more Might look into bigger spacers for the front, but that'll be later down the road

6 by Grechosaurus, on Flickr

5 by Grechosaurus, on Flickr

8 by Grechosaurus, on Flickr
              Last edited by Itsahyundai; 03-20-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

O shiz!! i didn't even see this UPDATE!!! So, what are going to do to get it fitted better and what tires are you going to be running...Just a meat setup?

edit:
                Originally posted by Itsahyundai View Post
                Don't go just yet! I require your assistance again!

Picked up the wheels today and turns out they're 18x8 and 18x9 +38, (as opposed to 8.5 and 9.5). Deal was so good though I couldn't pass it up.. would the 215/35 and 225/35 still be good, or would the half inch make that much difference in the stretch? I feel so dumb when it comes to tires

Here's a crappy phone pic I snapped, I was too excited to grab a real camera. They're in great shape, could use a polish but no damage at all. Missing one of the center caps so I'mma run these blank ones until I can find a 4th

here's a 215/35 on a 18x8 btw
                Last edited by 244Brick; 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I just bit the bullet and ordered my rears today, I picked up some 512 215/40's for real cheap, got some 225/40's on the way now. I'm hoping this'll be just enough to keep the wheels not lookin too small, either way I'm just gonna DUMP it. Worst case scenario, I can always part with the wheels and try something new. I'm not too worried though, I'm hopeful that it'll turn out awesome.

ALSO! Went out and took a shot at cleaning the wheels today, only spent about an hour or two on all 4 but I'm happy with the progress so far.

photo(2) by Grechosaurus, on Flickr

Now I just need to find some bolts for my center caps.. Work wants $2 a bolt and I need 32 of em.. no thanks. Home Depot here I come.

Hoping to have it all done by this weekend, if not sometime next week

Comment

I have a Veloster and I'm planning on slamming it on fifteen52 Tarmacs... Any suggestions??
                    LURKINNN

Comment

Originally posted by JackHolland View Post
                      I have a Veloster and I'm planning on slamming it on fifteen52 Tarmacs... Any suggestions??
                      Do it. I have yet to see a veloster done right, wouldn't really able to tell you sizes though, I would guess itd be similar to a gti? Keep things smaller?

Comment

Get these on stat! So excited haha.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
                          Get these on stat! So excited haha.
                          This weekend hopefully!

I'm getting a bit nervous, though.. 18's normally aren't run on the Genesis 'cuz of how massive our wheel wells are, hence why I was so hesitant about the tires. I'm afraid its all gonna look too small.. only one way to find out though!

My stock 18's work 'cuz of how massive the tires are, I guess. Although, my new tires are essentially only gonna be 2cm smaller (.79 of an inch to be exact) so I doubt it'll be that drastic.

Either way, fingers crossed, and I'll try to have pics ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Itsahyundai View Post
                            This weekend hopefully!

I'm getting a bit nervous, though.. 18's normally aren't run on the Genesis 'cuz of how massive our wheel wells are, hence why I was so hesitant about the tires. I'm afraid its all gonna look too small.. only one way to find out though!

My stock 18's work 'cuz of how massive the tires are, I guess. Although, my new tires are essentially only gonna be 2cm smaller (.79 of an inch to be exact) so I doubt it'll be that drastic.

Either way, fingers crossed, and I'll try to have pics ASAP!
                            Well if it looks a little funny I guess that means you just have to go lower

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

I despise you. I am going with the exact same wheels on my car which happens to be red as well, but I have a tc

Comment

Those wheels are looking sweet! I hope to see this thing at some meets soon around here!
                                Where are you on the island? Sorry if you said it before, didn't catch it lol.
                                I Lurk a lot.
                                Follow me on IG: vSabertoothv

Comment

Working...
                                X