• Time
  • Show
Clear All

good lord i want this

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSport View Post
      This ^

So much work going into such an awesome truck. I have no choice but to keep up with this thread. Good shit man!
      The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Yes, I'm with the hairy Stratfordian on that one. A straight polished section would be a nice detail there!

Also, next time Erik is visiting, can you remind him to call me. The SSR's just put this thing over the top for me. Unbelievable build man. Very, very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
          Dude, this thing is NUTS. Love every minute of it.

Can I toss out an idea? Feel free to toss it back at me.

Where you've got your upper rad hose sectioned into three pieces, that straight, center piece. Could you make it out of round tubing (stainless, aluminum, etc) and make a nice pair of hidden brackets to hold it firm against the rad cradle? It would severely reduce your number of hose clamps and would also guarantee that rad hose doesn't bounce into your serpentine setup.

Just a thought, keep it up!
          Originally posted by JPE16 View Post
          Yes, I'm with the hairy Stratfordian on that one. A straight polished section would be a nice detail there!

Also, next time Erik is visiting, can you remind him to call me. The SSR's just put this thing over the top for me. Unbelievable build man. Very, very well done.
          First off, Thanks for the constructive criticism! that is always welcomed! As for the rad hose idea....this (imo) terrible looking upper rad hose I have is only a temporary hose. I'll be making a new upper rad hose made out of aluminum once I get some miles on this thing and shake it down. It will be one piece with special heat shrinking pressurized hose clamps that are very sleek at either end. I thought about having it made now, but if I have to change or modify things down the road due to fitment and god knows what else then the hose would be garbage.

I hope I haven't lost you guys! basically its not a permanent hose and a much cleaner and better hose will be going on once I know everything is in perfect working order! Again appreciate the comments and criticism.

And JP, Erik was indeed by today...sadly I couldn't stop drooling over his sti while he looked at my truck! feel free to come by next time if you want! I'd love to show you the truck.

Originally posted by Isuzupickup View Post
          This ^

So much work going into such an awesome truck. I have no choice but to keep up with this thread. Good shit man!
          Haha thanks my friend! I'll try not too let ya down!

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
          good lord i want this
          Everything's got a price! I'll let ya know when its done!

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
          Yes Ty.
          F*** ya Dave!

Originally posted by gen2_4door View Post
          One of the sickest builds I've seen in quite some time! Can't wait to watch the rest of the progress!
          Means a lot man, Thanks!
          Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
          93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Comment

Evening Fellas!

Had a little time on my Saturday to get a few things done on the truck!

Before I forget here's a few pictures showing the fitment of the SSR's on my truck, imo the fitment is basically perfect, the wheels could be a tad wider on the inside for my liking though. With that said ill keep looking for some wider barrels for the future!

So on to my Saturday, I started off taking pictures of my oil filter set up, lower rad hose and my A/C lines that I made as promised.

I decided to spend a day at work and paint some stuff for the truck!

I've always ***** the "satin black" inner fenders. I color matched the top of my rad support because theres way too much satin black on our trucks factory, plus I thought it would help make the engine bay more modern looking and give it that different look I was going for! So I decided to give my inner fenders the same treatment!

It may be too much white whenever I bolt them in, however if it is they'll go back to satin black! How they looked...

I hit them with a red scotch brite pad and then taped off the inner portion for paint!

Right before I sprayed them

And after some color and a short bake cycle

Needed to get my new front brake setup under way so I focused on the new front calipers today! bought some new remanufactured 2001 4x4 blazer/jimmy calipers. Hit them with 3 coats of primer this week, let them sit until Saturday. Sanded these pain in the ass calipers and set them up to get sprayed!

2 coats of Peach Cobbler

3 coats of 24K gold pearl!

And then cleared them at the same time with a friends set of wheels.

Next project is to prep the faces! The lips ill be sanding and getting rid of any imperfections hopefully this week if I can find some time! As for the barrels, they will be getting sent for sand blasting this week!

Until next time, take care guys.
            Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
            93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Comment

Great work, so far the progress is nothing less than awesome
              [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

The detail your putting into this build is awesome!
                NathanHeeney.com

Comment

This looks outstanding!

Great way to save a roller.

Comment

I've always loved these trucks and sort of h a t e the original engine got pulled but love how you stuffed an LS into it. Everything else is pure icing on the cake thus far. Subbed for progress.
                    Last edited by CrackerTeg; 04-22-2013, 02:25 PM.
                    Sup. Call me Z.
                    My Accord "build".

Comment

Truck looks awesome, love the choices you've made thus far. Excited to see how it looks all done!
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I love you

This is perfect.

Comment

This build is insane
                          [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

....and your awd Typhoon is now rwd?

kinda confused
                            Last edited by dspl1236; 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM.

IG: awscarguy
                            '90 Jetta - TSI swapping
                            '13.5 Jetta GLI - new daily toy
                            Haus of Dub

Comment

Best build, cant wait to see this thing on the road. Will you be bringing it to Ertefa?

Comment

AMERICA.

Sweet Sy' man...can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                                X