No announcement yet.

91' GMC Syclone Daily Driver Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, what do we have here? That sure is one pretty truck for a Canadian fellow.

My favortie qoute from last weekend"Doesnt it feel good to know you build the nicest shit"

good thread

Comment

Sick shit
      Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

stupid awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Lophonie View Post
          I've had a few sy/tys previous to this Sy, and the 4.3 turbo alothugh it's a blast to drive its very tempormental. The drivability simply isnt there. Tunning and maintenance is a pain and any modifications and there no longer dependable (my red/red Typhoon is a prime example).

I wanted a truck that was turn key and very dependable. thats my reason for going LS/4L80E. I know the end result will be great! Hopefully I can convincve you of that aswell once this build is finished up.

I can see where you are coming from. To me had it been a regular non turbo truck I would be all for it. But turbo six and awd just makes me swoon

Comment

You would probably say differently if you have owned a temperamental 4.3 turbo. Tuning on OBD1 is a nightmare

Comment

This syclone is epic! You have done it right.
              sigpic

Comment

excuse me while i change my pants. this thing is amazing !!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow, it looks amazing. Great job.

That red Ty is another bad ass ride.

Comment

Incredible, another quality build!

https://www.facebook.com/CltchLrdsDrpPnties

Comment

This may be the nicest Syclone/S10 build I've ever seen. So much work put into it - love it. T56 would be rad as well, but nonetheless, amazing build! Love the truck.

Comment

I still have a huge boner for this truck.

However...

"daily"... has been taken to a whole new level of awesome. If this is a daily, is the Typhoon the weekend car? Or do you have something else?
                        IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Sup Fellas,

Again it seems I've been severely slacking at updating this thread! Still not having as much time as I would have hoped to work on the Sy, but I've been steadily plugging away at it since the last update! On to the fun stuff!

I managed clean up and get organized once again, took the box back off the truck and made a list of absolutely everything that needed to be finished to the point that I could fire the truck up and get it moveable under its own power.

First off I wanted to address some of the wiring since it was a rather huge and important aspect of the build that I hadn't even thought about yet. So I bought all this wonderful wire loom (not all of it is showed here!), shrink wrap, and electrical tape to start re-wrapping.

After about 8-10 hours or wrapping I was finished! Started running some of the harness along with my Speartech Stand Alone Engine Harness and I quickly got overwhelmed realizing that my Speartech Harness was more than a simple engine harness, It actually phased out the majority of the wiring harnesses is spent 8+ hours wrapping....

So here's somewhere in the middle of installing my Clusterfuck harness disaster....

Took a break on got my e-fans mounted up, pretty happy with how this turned out. Very slim and sleek fans (took a lot of research). Only had to do minor trimming on the rad support so I was happy about that.

Next I Had ordered the rest of my brake line parts and fittings. Finished up the brakes so that all of that was out of the way, purchased my fuel line fittings and mounted and ran the fuel line. Next on the list was my Oil lines running from the pan to the oil filter. The picture below is the only picture I really have showing these three things. Ill take some more pictures tomorrow of where the oil filter got mounted on the drivers fender.

I had to figure out my radiator hoses after I finished fabricating my lower radiator mounts, so this was next. The lower hose was easy because its a very short piece. I was able to find a similar hose that I cut/ trimmed to fit (didn't take a picture of it, but I will get a shot of it tomorrow). However the upper I plan on having metal hose made eventually to clean up the look of it down the road. The hose I made is out of 3 pieces and although it doesn't look the best, it should work perfect for the time being.

I started to finish installing the accessories on the motor and realized the coil pack brackets had some surface rust, So my ocd kicked in again and I individually taped and re-sprayed each coil pack individually! Then I installed them, installed the coil pack harnesses and plug wires!

My Twin E-Cut-outs arrived so I drooled over them for a while before actually assembleing them. I had been waiting on these to finish the exhaust so I was quite happy to finally have them. Just slid them on the get a idea of where they will sit and to make sure I had enough clearance!!

And finally ill leave you with these! I bought a new set of wheels, hopefully the last for a while! They took a few months to get them here but they were totally worth the wait!! I'm still unsure as of what direction ill be going with them in terms of refinishing but they one of my all time favorite wheels so I'm very excited!

SSR SP1's
                          Fronts: 17x8.5 +30 - 3" lip
                          Rears: 17x9.5 +22 - 3.5" lip

Based on my research they should sit very flush with the front and rear cladding. I already know that the fronts will not clear my brake setup (new front brakes in already in the works), However the rears should have No Problems! Ill leave you with a few pics!

Until next time guys!
                          Last edited by Lophonie; 04-17-2013, 08:19 PM.
                          Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
                          93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Comment

One of the sickest builds I've seen in quite some time! Can't wait to watch the rest of the progress!
                            2008 6mt G37s coupe
                            2012 Altima 3.5SR

Comment

Yes Ty.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Dude, this thing is NUTS. Love every minute of it.

Can I toss out an idea? Feel free to toss it back at me.

Where you've got your upper rad hose sectioned into three pieces, that straight, center piece. Could you make it out of round tubing (stainless, aluminum, etc) and make a nice pair of hidden brackets to hold it firm against the rad cradle? It would severely reduce your number of hose clamps and would also guarantee that rad hose doesn't bounce into your serpentine setup.

Just a thought, keep it up!

Originally posted by Kielan
                                Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

Working...
                                X