No announcement yet.

Turning stupid into fun - W123 300D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

&^%#*I missed the UPS guy, so I called them and told them to deliver the wheels at work, where the car is anyway

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
    Cut dem springs already... 3 front 2 rear
    Car still has to pass inspection before I can throw a plate on it, and without brakes it's pointless to even think about that yet However, I did get the evaluation out of the way yesterday, which is another requirement for antique cars over here. Inspection, evaluation for taxes, evaluation for insurance. What a pita.

Fret not, for once it is road legal, the first thing I'm going to do is introduce the grinder to the coil springs
    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

nice platform looking forward to see where this goes
      Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

The UPS guy came bearing gifts

I also got my rear rotors. Go figure. Still waiting for the rest of the shit, but I will get started on the rotors tomorrow
        Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Do work dude, I keep coming here, never should have sold my pos w123 ha
          Follow on IG
          amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
          Vintage AME Wheels
          RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
          W115 & W123

Comment

cant wait

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I had half an hour to spare before leaving work yesterday... And you all know what had to be done

However, a few sexy lady friends wanted to go out and get drunk... And they didn't have to twist my arm really hard for me to yield. So I didn't even touch the rotors yet Progress is slow, but things WILL get done. I also have to go back to Toronto for the week
              Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I came in to suggest wheels, but it looks like you already have that well covered...

The leaky injector pump, is probably the old style hand primer pump leaking. Also the pedal sticking is probably the linkage needing adjusting. Also their are ways to get around the lack of a Klann spring compressor, although the methods can be lethal if messed up. I've owned a 1981 300D 4 speed stick, a 1983 300D turbo, and a mint 1984 300D turbo. They are awesome cars!

Also as far as headlights go, save up and buy a set of genuine bosch or hella european spec headlamps. Nothing compares!

Here's a pic of my 1984 silver blue metallic 300D on 16x7 clk lightweights.
                  1981 300TD 4 speed
                  2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                  , on Flickr
                  IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
                    I came in to suggest wheels, but it looks like you already have that well covered...

The leaky injector pump, is probably the old style hand primer pump leaking. Also the pedal sticking is probably the linkage needing adjusting. Also their are ways to get around the lack of a Klann spring compressor, although the methods can be lethal if messed up. I've owned a 1981 300D 4 speed stick, a 1983 300D turbo, and a mint 1984 300D turbo. They are awesome cars!

Also as far as headlights go, save up and buy a set of genuine bosch or hella european spec headlamps. Nothing compares!

Here's a pic of my 1984 silver blue metallic 300D on 16x7 clk lightweights.

Thanks buddy Yours looks awesome! I'm starting to ask myself if I should just wrap mine in vinyl, would save me alot of pain... Either way, body is on hold until spring.

In the meantime.... In the little time I've had, I got my parts (@$&^# FINALLY) and started getting shit done. Waiting for my rear calipers to get back from being rebuilt to put them back in. Hard to work on the car with me being out of town lately... But starting friday, I gots 2 weeks off

I also came across a nice glass top at work that was destined for the dumpster. I had an idea.

I'm going to have to find a replacement wheel when spring comes around

More updates as they happen, and I'll try to have my camera handy instead of shitty phone pics
                    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Just a quickie;

Brakes are completely done. All new with the exception of the master and booster, which looked relatively new anyway.

Fuel lines are getting changed tomorrow as they were in bad shape too!

But hey! I got to drive it for the first time on the road today! That is, until I ran out of diesel...

All of this means that the benz is within a day or two of hitting the inspection! I got my license plate and insurance sorted out already.

I've also been battling the flu so I couldn't be assed to stay out in the million below freezing temperatures to snap some pics. But I promise I'll take a couple photos of the car in her natural habitat, and maybe I'll do a quick video to show y'all around the car.

And yes, I know. It needs moar low That's the first things on my list once it clears inspection
                      Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

Comment

Lower it already!
                        Follow on IG
                        amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                        Vintage AME Wheels
                        RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                        W115 & W123

Comment

cant wait to see this with the wheels on. i have an 1980 300td, slammed lol cut 5 colis.

Comment

Love this! The interior in your car is amazing, I'm jealous!

Comment

I wanna see this car low with your new wheels please!

Comment

i'm almost 100% sure that you'll need spacers after dropping the car

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X