Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes-benz W124 Coupe Slowly getting there. (Picture Heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Today I'v pretty much sanded all the panels ready for spraying. Currently halfway through preping the bumpers. Also took off the rest of the wheels that need refurbishing. Hopefully I'll have it all ready for priming in 2 days or so. I also ordered a exhaust pipe, I will run a straight pipe from centre box for better sound After all above is complete I will respray the whole car, there is a lot of imperfections there and there that just bug me. After it's done I'll even get the car a cover! haha BTW sorry for no pics, yep I know... Pictures or gtfo, in this case I'll just gtfo and bring pictures in next update

Comment

Time for a update, I'v got some pictures this time. Someone stole my wheels, well.... at least I got some free axle stands... lol just kiddding, took them off for refurbishing.

This is how it looks under the wheels, might get rid of the surface rust and give it a lick of high temperature resistant black paint

Here is a comparisment of the backbox, next to a new 2.5" pipe. Should give it a nice little rumble, prefer it a lot more than stock.

More parts getting prepared, some wheel caps, car trim.

Wheels are getting prepared for primer

Also the bumpers and side panels etc are getting pretty close to be ready for primer.

Lastly, just a shot of how the car is standing

Thanks for viewing!

Comment

All panels and wheels are now ready for primer, will be spraying tomorrow.

Cleaning the interior. Just using CIF and water with a brush, and wiping with clean cloth. It does take a bit off dye away, therefore i wouldn't recommend doing it on newer cars. But in my case, the seats were really dirty and it needed such a treatment. Btw, I will go over the seats with a DYE after cleaning. To finish it all up

50:50 comparisments

Thanks for viewing !

Comment

Oh man tha CIF is a great idea... here in Oz it's called JIF
          Will def try that tomorrow...

http://www.mvip.com.au
          clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by Marsss View Post
            Oh man tha CIF is a great idea... here in Oz it's called JIF
            Will def try that tomorrow...
            Yep, defo try it if you're car is pretty old and dirty. If it's a newish car I'd use a purpose cleaner. CIF will take a bit off DYE off, because its so strong. That's why you gotta go light with it.

Primered bits today Also cleaned bit more interior.

Random pictures

Comment

Makes me miss my old w124 Same color but it was a sedan

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks Kadett!

Update:

You know your air ventilation is poor when your eye lashes are sticking together because of lacquer in the air !

Full gloss side panels! Results you can achieve in a very dusty dirty ass garage, there is still bits of shit in lacquer but that will buff out

Btw the new color will be tiny bit lighter, there are 3 or more shades of azurite blau. And the guy that mixed the paint mixed a lighter one than my current one. So I just went along with it, looks better in daylight its more blue-ishhhhhhhhhh

What else, well I fixed the little end piece that you pull to close this little storage box. It ripped off while closing one time ! haha

Made a heatshield for air filter! (pretty amateur looking)

Rest of pictures because I gotta go!

Conditioned seats after cleaning

Thanks for viewing !

Comment

Hows it going guys! Bit of an update on the W124

I asked my teachers in College if I could use their spray booth to spray my car. If that was a yes it meant I wouldn't have to do it in my dirty ass garage!
                  They said yes, as long as I do it this week, we breaking in two weeks...

So, I prepared the whole car. Slapped the plates on and off we go to my college
                  I'm not insured on the W124 (cant afford it), therefore I drove dads focus while he drove the merc. Then when we got there we switched.

Filling up

Masked up and after base coat. My first time doing a full car respray. So its not the greatest ;/

Straight out the spray booth, needs plenty of polishing

Bought autoglym super resin polish and meguiars ultimate wax as well as some fresh microfibres. For the polishing treatment il be using farecla g3 paste first, then super resin. finishing off with wax. Im using g-mop advanced polishing pad.

Did a test on the front left wing to see how it will turn out ! The boring task of wet flatting... very long, stressfull... You dont wanna rub through lacquer etc Overall my least favorite part. But here are some results:

Fancier picture of W124, friends E92 sitting nicely and my 1st car in the garage. Reason why Im saying first car, is because W124 is 50/50 between me and my dad.

Btw if anyone could suggest how I can make this thread more interesting, feel free. Maybe write more or less? Or take time with photos?

Thanks for viewing

Comment

youre doing everything right so far. it looks badass especially with the new paintjob.

there really isnt a problem with your build thread but you have to realize this is a community dedicated to lowering your car (as much as possible ) and slapping on some really show-stopping rims. Everything else is just icing on the cake and trust me your car would be a hit on other forums but this one is catered to those 2 specific things.

Comment

^ hahaha there's always one...

http://www.mvip.com.au
                      clicky^

Comment

I get ya Junya Only thing is money, I haven't got much of it. haha But I assure you that as soon as I finish college and Il get a stable job. This W124 will see bags and BBS's LM's or some other gangsta wheels that would suit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamowsky View Post
                          I get ya Junya Only thing is money, I haven't got much of it. haha But I assure you that as soon as I finish college and Il get a stable job. This W124 will see bags and BBS's LM's or some other gangsta wheels that would suit it.

i totally agree dude im in the same boat youre in.

i love the progress you have made since you bought it. i just have nothing to suggest but to keep doing what you're doing.

Comment

Thanks Junya!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some proper pictures today! I finished the car today with my dad, well. Not totally finished, but finished for now haha. Feels quite rewarding to look at it now, after all this time. My dad will daily drive it for a bit before it goes under the knife again. Anyway, today evening after
                            I finished I went home, borrowed my sisters DSLR and went to a nearby location to grab
                            some quick photos. Let me know what you guys think!

Next on the list!
                            • Refurbish front interior seats and armrest
                            • 15MM Spacers at the rear

Comment

Cut a coil or two off the springs fuck dropping a grand on air
                              Follow on IG
                              amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                              Vintage AME Wheels
                              RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                              W115 & W123

Comment

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
                                Cut a coil or two off the springs fuck dropping a grand on air

No offense, but you're not going to be bagging a w124 for a grand.
                                Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Working...
                                X