Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes-benz W124 Coupe Slowly getting there. (Picture Heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@GtCoupe, Your Coupe looks great man. Looks very clean, and also nice work on the interior "aluminium" finish

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Little update on mine, well there hasn't been happening much around the car. But, since last update I have moved house, that requires quite a bit of work. So that's mainly what I was doing, just helping my dad. When I got some free time though, I did this. I sprayed my rocker cover, it looked "de-oxidized" (spelling). So i refreshed it with some nice silverish paint. I also started spraying my wheels one by one, fixing the scuffed edges and painting them a tiny bit darker than OEM color. And also I'm just tidying up inside, I washed the carpet on passenger and also cleaned the leather seat. There was some white paint, coffee etc that came off... but there was also some blue pen ink that was a Bitch! It didnt come off, matter fact it just spreaded even bigger. I'm not buying parts yet because I'm in college, trying to find a part time job. So haven't really got much income coming yet. Anyway, that's a little update of me and the car hehe and I'll let the pics talk.

And also I edited these two pictures for my wallpapers

That is pretty much it right now, hopefully I can find a job soon. So I can start making some real progress. Thanks for viewing
    Last edited by Adamowsky; 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

looks awesome !

Comment

Love that color.

Comment

Thanks guys, here is a little update. I put in a ipod connection in the car, while I was at that. I cleaned the driver's side of the carpet. Also on one of the picture's you can see both wheels now sprayed on one side. I know progress is veryyy slow, but I haven't got much time due to house renovation like I mentioned before. Something else I'v done is installed a new air filter, mainly for noise. And today I mocked up a airbox/heatshield for it, I will make it out of sheet metal soon

Before

After

Ipod connection install

Sprayed wheels

Mocked up airbox out of cardboard

So yeah that's it guys, just another boring update. Happy Easter Stanceworks!

Comment

Your car is starting to look awesome Adam.
            T-Works Automotive - Co-Founder
            My YouTube | My Tumblr

[insert sig photo here]

Comment

Looks cool man

Comment

Cars looking great man!

Comment

Thank you guys!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys, not really an update. Just wanted to say the TAX's finished on the benz. And the car isn't really being used so I'm thinking I might as well go full retard on it right now.
                  Instead of taking off 1 wheel at a time and spraying, I'll just take the remaining 3 wheels off (2 done). And spray them at 1 go.

A to do list:
                  1. Finish refurbishing wheels
                  2. Fix up paint work (scratches, any dents.)
                  3. Get adapter or modify current adapter so I can fit my wooden Nardi Torino
                  4. Clean and dye leather seats inside
                  5. Get 20mm wheel spacers for the back
                  6. Delete backbox, run two straight pipes from centre
                  7. Fix up surface rust inside engine bay, spray. Overall clean
                  8. Finish off custom airbox
                  9. Underseal
                  10. Get a decent stereo system
                  11. Get new door step trim
                  12. Buy new track off end, then go for alignment
                  13. Buy new drive belt vibration damper
                  14. When most of the above is finished, detail car. Leave it under a cover for 15 years. Come back after years, and be able to insure it for a reasonable price.

Also, got a question. How much roughly is a airbag setup? I was having a look, and mechanical parts seem to go for a fair price. It's the managment bit that so pricey right?
                  Last edited by Adamowsky; 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I'm currently bagging my 300ce and so far I have about $1100 into it and expect to be around $1500 when completed.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
                    Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Originally posted by Adamowsky View Post
                      Thank you guys!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys, not really an update. Just wanted to say the TAX's finished on the benz. And the car isn't really being used so I'm thinking I might as well go full retard on it right now.
                      Instead of taking off 1 wheel at a time and spraying, I'll just take the remaining 3 wheels off (2 done). And spray them at 1 go.

A to do list:
                      1. Finish refurbishing wheels
                      2. Fix up paint work (scratches, any dents.)
                      3. Get adapter or modify current adapter so I can fit my wooden Nardi Torino
                      4. Clean and dye leather seats inside
                      5. Get 20mm wheel spacers for the back
                      6. Delete backbox, run two straight pipes from centre
                      7. Fix up surface rust inside engine bay, spray. Overall clean
                      8. Finish off custom airbox
                      9. Underseal
                      10. Get a decent stereo system
                      11. Get new door step trim
                      12. Buy new track off end, then go for alignment
                      13. Buy new drive belt vibration damper
                      14. When most of the above is finished, detail car. Leave it under a cover for 15 years. Come back after years, and be able to insure it for a reasonable price.

Also, got a question. How much roughly is a airbag setup? I was having a look, and mechanical parts seem to go for a fair price. It's the managment bit that so pricey right?

This is probably the best thread about air ride install and price i ever read.

Comment

That fucking picture is amazing! Looks awesome! What kind of camera did you use?
                        wait..what?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                          I'm currently bagging my 300ce and so far I have about $1100 into it and expect to be around $1500 when completed.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
                          Thanks, that's just about 1000 pounds. Kind of what I expected
                          Originally posted by Junya View Post
                          This is probably the best thread about air ride install and price i ever read.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3489001
                          Thanks man, I added it to favorites. Will give it a proper read soon.
                          Originally posted by PastaBatman View Post

That fucking picture is amazing! Looks awesome! What kind of camera did you use?
                          Hey man, I used my dad's iPhone 4.

Comment

Hey guys I need your opinions. I'm respraying my lower part of car. Side trim and bumpers, and I'm wondering. Should I leave original color scheme and leave top of car gloss? and lower part matt? Or should I do lower part in full gloss too? That's what I'm thinking of doing. Spraying it full gloss. Was also considering gun metal bumpers but with the inside of bumpers original color. Let me know what y'all think

Comment

looks awsome cant wait to see more

Comment

Thanks Bildick!

UPDATE: Did a bit of progress today. Let me explain with pictures

I made up a little bracket for the air filter, while I'm in the progress of making my airbox.

Fixed a very large paint chip on the door, while I was driving on motorway. A stone from person in front picked up and smashed straight into my door. Cracked paint straight to bare metal.

Preparing side panels for spraying

Repaired dent that I had just below taillight, sprayed every repair in matt black paint so the repair doesn't rust while it's waiting to be sprayed.

Some more dent/deep scratch fixing

And a ass shot to finish off, w124 looks so mean without rear bumper. Would totally rock it like that with just rear diffuser if it was a drift car

Comment

Working...
                                X