No announcement yet.

99 EM1 civic Si Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to see some fresh paint! you work fast, i can appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
      Cant wait to see some fresh paint! you work fast, i can appreciate that.
      im trying to get as much done as possible before the wedding. but i fear this will be one of the last updates on this car before thanksgiving, unless i run in to a nice chunk of change to rent a spray booth.

Comment

Make this the wedding car.
        Ep3 si wheels would look very oem+

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

EP3 IIRC are 5x114.3 where as EM1 is 4x100, i dont feel like blowing a chunk load of cash on ITR suspension

Comment

2002 through 2003 ep3's are 4x100 and comes with 15"s
            any ep3 after that is 5x114.3 and has 16"s

Those would look really tidy on an em1

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

meh, not feelin it.. wanna keep it spec propper unless i get some RS's in 16 or so...

Comment

Hey for whats its worth I have a built b-series with b16 tranny 4.4FD and I hatee cruising in 5th gear on the highway. I'm pulling the engine this winter again going to swap out the 5th gear while I'm there. Get a 4.4 or 4.7 FD and do the ls 5th.

Comment

thats the way to go. i contemplated getting a GSR tranny but decided after some talk with some friends that im gonna keep the b16 tranny and replace the 5th with a Cable LS 5th out of a 92 GS.

b16 trannies are very high rev trannies which is what makes the car so much more fun during spirited drives.

Comment

had some spare time and some spare vinyl left from one of the jobs i did recently , so i decided this would look nice .. what do you all think?

Comment

Looks good.
                      It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Small update.

Got new Tires mounted. 165-50-15... it dropped the car about another inch or so, But now with such small tires i have a wheel gap, so ill be lowering it about another half inch.

Ordered Hubcentric 20MM spacers with APR extended hub bolts to space out the rear wheels and make them flush with the body. that comes in next week.

Also got a wedding present from my tint guy. Let him cruise around while i was on my honeymoon and he tinted my windows how i like em.... 2% rear window, 20% on sides and 30% on the windshield with rayband tint this stuff is amazing... (Flamesuit: -ON- )

starting with wetsand and prep for paint next week!

this is how the car sits as of now.

Comment

God i love em1's. U work fast and it looks great.

Comment

Em1's are the best civic imo. Looking forward to the progress

Comment

As a VW guy, I would own the hell out of a mid 90s, OEM+ Civic (hatch preferred). Honda did everything right with those cars, and they are reliable as fuck (and cheap to fix).

Comment

Yupp it makes for a pretty sweet daily. as i am a MB guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X