Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I drive my track car on the street" BUILD

UPDATE PAGE 4

Well I'm bored and I just realized that I didnt create a build for this vehicle. I bought it to build as a track car but currently Ive been driving it on the street and clutch kicking on a bunch of corners. Yes I know street drifting is illegal and dangerous and some here are going to give me a hard time about it. but I dont do it alot and its always in a open area no houses, no people, and the street is empty at the time.

Well here it is: 1992 Nissan 240sx

Drivetrain
    SR20DET Swap
    Greddy FMIC
    Koyo Radiator
    HKS BOV
    Megan Racing 3" Exhaust
    S14 Welded Rear Diff

Suspension
    Tein Super Drift Coilovers
    PBM Solid Rack Bushings
    Isis solid subframe bushings
    Isis adjustable arm kit
    Circuit sports rucas

Interior
    Bucket Seats with Harnesses
    Momo Steering wheel with hub
    Greddy Boost Controller
    HKS Turbo Timer
    Greddy Boost Gauge
    AEM Air Fuel Gauge
    Oil Pressure Gauge
    Volt Gauge

Exterior
    17" XXR 962's

I bought this car August 17th, 2012 looking like this.

IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/StolenSol93/1_zpsa2565cdf.jpg[/IMG]

The car ran like poo, had massive 18" rims and "lowering" springs. This thing was a monster truck. Well I got the car home that night put it in the garage and immediatly left for Daytona. I had found a used set of Tein SuperDrift coilovers for a good price.

I waited a few days to install the coilovers since I was still looking for wheels and a welded differential. Three days layer August 20th, I drove to Georgia to get them. 17" XXR 962. Yes I know not baller wheels but alot better then those 18's that were previously on the car. The Differential is out of a S14 which I didnt realize till I got home. The next day I had to go order the longer diff bolts and a set of bushings from Nissan. Not a bad deal since they overnighted them for me.

The install of the parts happened a couple days later and the outcome was this. Alignments way off and I still want to adjust the height a bit.

Brought the front end down a little more but I still want it lower. It handles really well and slides very easy but still doesnt look right yet. Sorry I dont have any photos of it going sideways. Soon though

The last picture shows no cage in the car or harness bar. That is the plan but havnt had time or money to order one so its going to have to wait. I do realize the dangers of not having one during a accident when using harnesses and I am doing this at my own risk.

At some point i picked up a used Momo steering wheel and hub since the stock one was disgusting and beat to shit. Sorry for the iphone photo

At this point I had been driving the car around for a few weeks and was tired of the horrible alignment so I decided it was time to order more suspension pieces.
    I went with the Isis arm kit from Enjuku along with solid rear subframe bushings and PoweredByMax solid rack bushings. This should stiffen it up alot and give me a good alignment.

Taking out the rear subframe for the first time by yourself is a pain. I will never attempt this again its deff alot easier with two people.

September sometime is when all the suspension went in, I finally get the subframe back into the car and go to bolt my coilovers in and I cant get them to fit. They dont fit with the RUCAs that I ordered. Luckly Enjuku is a good company and allowed me to return them and get Circuit sports. Thanks Enjuku. The car was off the road for atleast a week but with all the new suspension pieces it was a blast to drive.

Next came more interior. I dont have any great photos of it installed yet but I will get some soon. I got tired of the stock 90's grey cloth and wanted something nicer/cleaner. I found this material at Joanns fabric and it worked awesome

So thats it really I went and took some photos today with my other camera I will go through them and throw some photos up. Sorry for the long post. I know theres going to be some negative and hopefully some positive comments but I cant wait to hear them either way.
    Last edited by LaMaR-; 09-24-2015, 05:52 PM.

Here are those shots from today unedited cause im no photographer although I do want to learn..

Comment

Pretty cool looking. I like where it's going

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
        Pretty cool looking. I like where it's going
        Thanks, it still has a long way to go...

Comment

Good choice of car. Those wheels as I've already told you suit the car very well, I don't think you should swap them for a different set anytime soon. Anyway, I'm subscribed!

Originally posted by TRaNz
          yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
          They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

looks like a load of fun man

Comment

I've always wanted a 240 but never wanted to risk buying a beat up POS :P And the clean automatic ones are $7k+

Comment

What motor are you runnin' in it? I like this so far, in for some sliding photos too.
                The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Sorry, not my cup of tea, too many ones like this on the road. I do like that corner glass though.

How is it a track car?

Do you feel cool for street drifting?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post

How is it a track car?

Well, considering it's a "build thread", why would you expect to see a car already converted into a track car? Eventually it will evolve to fulfill its purpose, hence the thread being in the builds section.

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                    They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

I'm not sure if you meant to say the car is a "track car" now, but it has loads of potential. What are your plans for the drivetrain? Those KA's are pretty stout motors.
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
                        Good choice of car. Those wheels as I've already told you suit the car very well, I don't think you should swap them for a different set anytime soon. Anyway, I'm subscribed!
                        Thanks, like I said there is alot to come still. It will probably be slow for awhile but its alright.

Originally posted by KEVIN.E View Post
                        looks like a load of fun man
                        Thanks

Originally posted by Patryk View Post
                        I've always wanted a 240 but never wanted to risk buying a beat up POS :P And the clean automatic ones are $7k+
                        I bought this one for 1400 bucks, given it ran like poo. But the body is fairly straight, its got a few small dents and dings and some scratches but thats easy to fix.

Originally posted by Isuzupickup View Post
                        What motor are you runnin' in it? I like this so far, in for some sliding photos too.
                        November 3rd will be the first event hopefully. It all depends on work since im in the military. Also currently its just a KA24DE. I havnt made my mind up if I want to go the common route of the SR20 or build a Spare KA into a KA-T. Only time will tell

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                        Sorry, not my cup of tea, too many ones like this on the road. I do like that corner glass though.

How is it a track car?

I think your thinking about the title too much, its just that a title. Everyone has there oppinions and I agree every other 240 looks very similar.
                        Currently it isnt a track car and no I wouldnt call it street drifting but a clutch kick here and there is deff fun and I do enjoy it..
                        Also as Mr Von Smack said, it is a build, I didnt go buy a fully built track car because that would be dumb. Ive never drifted before its a cheap car to learn and it will do its job. I can add more power or other parts as I see needed to help me along the way. The plan is a fully built track only car in the end though

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
                        Well, considering it's a "build thread", why would you expect to see a car already converted into a track car? Eventually it will evolve to fulfill its purpose, hence the thread being in the builds section.
                        Thanks

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                        I'm not sure if you meant to say the car is a "track car" now, but it has loads of potential. What are your plans for the drivetrain? Those KA's are pretty stout motors.
                        I havnt made my mind up yet about the motor. Ive changed my mind once a week about it lol. I started out with wanted a RB for the cool factor. Then I changed my mind because of the lack of parts that are readily available incase of a part failure. Then I started looking at SR20's and KA-T's. That is currently whats in my head. But I did just see a S13 with a 1j in it and that sounded amazing lol.

I really could get by with a SR or KA though my goal for now is only around 300hp

Comment

Well I like the transformation it has made so far and rice4life is talking about so many 240's looking the same, thats what happens with popularity, something a hyundai elantra isn't.

It's cool though not really my place to say anything at all but I like to bust chops anyway and I tend to stick up for people who are being ***** on when the shit talking starts.

Comment

Good progress, I'm lookin forward to seeing where you take it.

I'd say you should go with a RB20 though. Cheap, rev happy, original, and its bulletproof. As well as paving the way for an RB25 or RB26 swap.

Comment

wheres the track car ?
                              C280 Build Thread
                              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Working...
                              X