No announcement yet.

MLM's E36 M3 rebuild thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my phone was dead for half the day yesterday, excuse my lack of pictures. This will be a weak update.

I had to remove the passenger's side door and be like DUDE WHAT THE FUCK? to the window that decided it wanted to stop being a window and start being a door. I was driving the car across the ocean on a vacation trip to my Home For Orphan Strippers in the Phillipines, when a cool draft graced my bearded cheek. I tried to roll up window, and it was all like

It was a cold ride home.

So naturally I left the car in my garage for two days so it could think about what it had done.
    Took the next few days driving my Prelude and partying.
    FIXED THAT SHIT.

A broken clip mixed with no grease on the sliders made it stiffer than Walt Disney's corpse.

Decided it was time to give this thang a mild polishing. It was rocking foggy headlights and a dirty engine bay, like a nerdy kid getting hot and bothered over some strange teacher.

Middle point of wetsanding.

I walked behind the car and noticed my tailpipes looked like they vomited tar upon themselves after years of neglect.

After a little 1500-grit wetsand paper, some 2000-grit wetsand paper, a quick rubrubrub with an old sock (lol weiner joke) I didn't feel so bad. I even cleaned the insides of the tips because I am mental and have a problem.
    I didn't want to post this picture because they still look terrible, but it's all I got so deal with it.

The car is still filthy as a pig in a mudbath because it's been raining so much it's like like we live underwater. Which, is quite aggravating. I plan on washing it, claybar treating it, and sealing it tonight since it might actually be nice.

Then my phone died and I got pissed off, so I said the hell with it and drove around. So, small update for now. I promise this will actually be a build thread soon, instead of me spouting off stupid little things I've done here and there.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Looking grand=)
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Looks great!

Nick

Comment

This has got to be one of the most entertaining build threads just from the stories alone. Lol could imagine when the parts start rolling in

Comment

Fuck you. Not jealous at all. Fgt.

Also I think you forgot to post that you're gonna buy Broadway's ... just reminding you to be cool and not a fgt.

You're welcome.
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

Hahaha the woman freaked me out

She reminded me of my neighbor who used to peak outside her window when i got back from elementary school 10 years ago

Comment

Haha, epic story. Great looking car too, nice find.
                My '66 C10 Build
                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

You sir, know how to create a thread. Nice pickup. Keep her clean.

Comment

Quit possible the most entertaining thread in build section.
                    Awesome car!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

had me laughing good. Looking forward to future plans.

Comment

DO NOT PUT ANY OTHER TYPE OF OIL THAN WHAT THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDS. I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET SAY ABOUT IT BMW HAS BEEN FABRICATING CARS FROM THE GROUND UP FOR MUCH LONGER THAN JOE SHMOE AT JIFFY LUBE.

seriously. stick the the proper weighted oil. check your manual for manufacturer specs.
                        "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                          Looking grand=)
                          Thanks Earl. How's that Karma thing working out?

Originally posted by white out View Post
                          Looks great!

Nick
                          Thanks Nick! Love your shows.

Originally posted by Arteeste View Post
                          This has got to be one of the most entertaining build threads just from the stories alone. Lol could imagine when the parts start rolling in
                          Well the build itself is about as exciting as Joan Rivers' love life... and since winter is coming, I'm not in a huge rush to spend a ton of money on parts............ At least not............................................... ............................................ yet.
                          Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                          Fuck you. Not jealous at all. Fgt.

Also I think you forgot to post that you're gonna buy Broadway's ... just reminding you to be cool and not a fgt.

You're welcome.
                          SUCK IT KK.
                          Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          Next year I'll be upgrading to a set of Broadway Static coilovers after I finish repainting it.
                          Originally posted by MrGL2 View Post
                          Hahaha the woman freaked me out
                          She reminded me of my neighbor who used to peak outside her window when i got back from elementary school 10 years ago

Hope this helps you lose sleep tonight.
                          Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                          Haha, epic story. Great looking car too, nice find.
                          Thanks. It'll look better next spring.
                          Originally posted by iGreek View Post
                          You sir, know how to create a thread. Nice pickup. Keep her clean.
                          Thank you, honorable Greek of the i, I hath planned on keeping it close to thine former glory, honorable. A formidable foe to thy enemies, and a great and noble steed to thine wench.
                          Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                          Quit possible the most entertaining thread in build section.
                          Awesome car!
                          I think C-Hutch has me by margin of a lot of actually building things.
                          Originally posted by DanieCorrigan View Post
                          had me laughing good. Looking forward to future plans.
                          Thanks. I'm excited to start doing real work to it,
                          Originally posted by Funtington View Post
                          DO NOT PUT ANY OTHER TYPE OF OIL THAN WHAT THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDS. I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET SAY ABOUT IT BMW HAS BEEN FABRICATING CARS FROM THE GROUND UP FOR MUCH LONGER THAN JOE SHMOE AT JIFFY LUBE.

seriously. stick the the proper weighted oil. check your manual for manufacturer specs.
                          I've read the manual from front to back. I've consulted literally dozens of fellow E36 M3 about oil weights, brands, and size of their wife's breasts. The previous owner filled me in with what oils he used (Mobile 1 thank God) and what weights. I ended up getting Castrol Syntec 10w-40 for the cooler springs months (it averages 30*-50* from March to early May), and switching to Mobil 1 5w-30 oil when it gets above 50* every day.

SO GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT ALL CAPS NONSENSE.
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Giggled throughout this entire thread, just pure entertainment.

Car looks pretty good. Excited to see where it goes.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Not a lot to report, just been kind of dragging my feet since it's the end of the year and I'm putting the car away in a week or so. It's that depressing time of year.

Speaking of rain, my windshield wipers decided that they had had enough of the whole "working" thing and decided to be as temperamental as a menstruating psych patient. I got about half way home, went to click them on to clear my windshield of panties and moist women, and they're like

I stopped off at a parking lot, got out, and had a stare-off with the wipers. After re-starting the car, they worked for about 5 seconds, then got an attitude again.

So I give them the finger and drive home.

I decided that's when I'll start removing limbs until it succumbs to my superiority, and somehow wound up playing around with some 5x120 to 5x114.3 adapters I bought.

I found this and did a little jig.

And then test fit my 17x8" Works from my Prelude.

Needless to say, I'm going to say something anyway. Too much poke for this height. So, I pondered for a moment, and grabbed my double-staggered 16" and 17" Etoiles.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back the truck up.

Now, M3 brakes are huge from the factory. How big? Well, find a 12 inch ruler. Lay it on a table, and ponder the size of your genetalia.

Now realize that the front rotors on this car are actually larger than that 12 inch ruler, and cry yourself to sleep. 16" wheels are infamously hard to fit on the front of E36 M3's due to the size of the brakes. Kind of limits what you can do for wheels any smaller than 16's, which isn't that big of a deal to those of us who ride velociraptors. Er, who like 17's.

Anyway, much to my amazement, the 16x7" Etoiles I have actually fucking fit on the front. Not only do they fit, they fit perfectly with my current suspension.

I'm all like

I try the 17x8.5" rears I have. They look okay on the front, too.

Time to invest in some new 17" barrels and lips for the widdow 16's. Hello, Memoryfab?

After that, I decided to go anal lol wiener and pull out some spark plugs to check on their current state of health. I noticed the last few times I've driven it that it idles okay, but it's not as smooth as it could be. 5 minutes later, I get this.

Time for some fresh plugs, a fresh fuel filter, a fresh oil change, and a "FRESH" decal to show the world how fresh to death I am.

Just kidding. The world already knows I'm awesome, decals are unnecessary.

So that's about where the car stands right now. I plan on tucking it away soon, so updates for this thread will pretty much stop until spring, unless I keep collecting a stupid amount of parts during the winter.

Which, is likely.

Hang around and stay tuned.

Comment

this thread is AWESOME

Comment

Working...
                                X