No announcement yet.

Something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep the F20's silver, I think that those wheels look perfect for this car.

these wheels, right?

I think it would look great when its all fitted.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by Huffy View Post
      its almost convinced me to do work on my cavalier instead of selling it when I finish my mustang and buying something "nicer" or more stanceworthy.
      A big reason why I still have my intrepid is:
      A) Was my first legit road worthy car, and everyone I talk to regrets down the road selling it.
      B) I am currently at 272,000kms on her. I have just finished putting in a 3.5 which is the cars 3rd engine.

And in reality the money I have invested I will never see back (Let's just say I probably could have bought a clean m3 with what I have invested) but the car is more than that, she developed a name, and a following locally. Sure its just an intrepid to most everyone else, but she is more than that to me. She is 'Steph, that friend that has always been there thru the good and the bad and never let me down. Sure she has had her fair share of mishaps and issues, but every time she comes back, better than before.

She is 'just an intrepid' to me as much as Rusty is 'just an e28 535i BMW' to Mr. Burroughs, some cars just become a part of you and no one can see what it is you see

All I am trying to say is if you want to do it, do it and forget what everyone else is saying about your car. Everyone made fun of me and my intrepid, locally and on here when I first joined, I laughed with them, I have heard the jokes and everything else, I'm cool with not having a car deemed 'stance worthy' because this car is being built for me, by me.

And if Mike happens across this thread I mean no disrespect to you and Rusty

Volo In Timore

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
        Keep the F20's silver, I think that those wheels look perfect for this car.

these wheels, right?

I think it would look great when its all fitted.
        Yup those are the ones!!

Volo In Timore

Comment

Originally posted by DjGreggieP View Post
          I probably wont be very stance'd but I am building my car to be driven and I plan on making the drive to Tennessee next fall for my 28th to hit up the tail of the dragon!
          Thats a hell of a trip man!
          A) Was my first legit road worthy car, and everyone I talk to regrets down the road selling it.
          B) I am currently at 272,000kms on her. I have just finished putting in a 3.5 which is the cars 3rd engine.

And in reality the money I have invested I will never see back (Let's just say I probably could have bought a clean m3 with what I have invested) but the car is more than that, she developed a name, and a following locally. Sure its just an intrepid to most everyone else, but she is more than that to me. She is 'Steph, that friend that has always been there thru the good and the bad and never let me down. Sure she has had her fair share of mishaps and issues, but every time she comes back, better than before.

She is 'just an intrepid' to me as much as Rusty is 'just an e28 535i BMW' to Mr. Burroughs, some cars just become a part of you and no one can see what it is you see

All I am trying to say is if you want to do it, do it and forget what everyone else is saying about your car. Everyone made fun of me and my intrepid, locally and on here when I first joined, I laughed with them, I have heard the jokes and everything else, I'm cool with not having a car deemed 'stance worthy' because this car is being built for me, by me.

I see that as what the car scene should be about. Loving what you drive not for anyone else's sake but for your own. I usually don't look at a car as a piece of equipment, or something to get you from point A to point B.

A car that has gained a personality amongst friends and family is no longer "just a car" to me. But more like another part of the family.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
          Originally posted by nickskater09
          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

What color do you think you will go with? I would think a darker color would look sick with those rims.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
              Thats a hell of a trip man!
              Only 3000kms from here to there, and what am I supposed to do? Fly down and rent a prius? LOL

I see that as what the car scene should be about. Loving what you drive not for anyone else's sake but for your own. I usually don't look at a car as a piece of equipment, or something to get you from point A to point B.

A car that has gained a personality amongst friends and family is no longer "just a car" to me. But more like another part of the family.
              Exactly.

Volo In Timore

Comment

What color do you think you will go with? I would think a darker color would look sick with those rims.
                Thinking a nice dark grey metallic from the audi brochure lol

Volo In Timore

Comment

Thats going to look really sharp, and since those wheels are really common on euro cars people might mistake it for a euro

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Thats going to look really sharp, and since those wheels are really common on euro cars people might mistake it for a euro
                    That's kinda the hope, but I still have a few performance modifications to do to make her faster

Volo In Timore

Comment

So I got her lowered. Wont say dropped, but she is sitting 1.25 inches lower than she was. Will get some pics tonight. drove my truck to work today

Volo In Timore

Comment

I probably wont be very stance'd but I am building my car to be driven and I plan on making the drive to Tennessee next fall for my 28th to hit up the tail of the dragon!
                        I only live 2 hours away and still havent been I plan to take my 65 mustang up there in the spring for some photos and driving.

Thats how Im starting to see it too Ill probably do a little here and there with it because I have to keep it a DD

Comment

I would have pics, BUT photobucket is being ghey, and I can't upload anything at the moment

Volo In Timore

Comment

Been looking at a few different options to switch up my rims,

either something like this:

or something like this:

I am thinking the gold multi-spoke design. Stick with an 18 x 8, maybe step up to an 8.5 to have a nice lip

Volo In Timore

Comment

Some hard to tell low pics

before:

now:

Shitty quality I know, and still lots of space to come down yet too

Volo In Timore

Comment

Loving it! better pics!
                                IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Working...
                                X